Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MLS Swap  (Read 1733 times)
Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« on: October 07, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »

I have an Archon V2, with a Blazing Red LED, and Quick Disconnect.  I would like to get an Arctic Blue MLS for it, to allow me to go back, and forth, between a Dark Side, and  Light Side set-up.  Is the fact that BR is a single LED, and AB is a dual LED, going to present any issues?  Neither one (the current unit, nor the potential new unit), has FOC, so that is not a factor. 

I am also planning to get one of the Yari Pike Vented Flush Mount couplers, so that the AB light can shine through, so I hope this would all work together.  If it does, I promise pictures will follow suite!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »

I have an Archon V2, with a Blazing Red LED, and Quick Disconnect.  I would like to get an Arctic Blue MLS for it, to allow me to go back, and forth, between a Dark Side, and  Light Side set-up.  Is the fact that BR is a single LED, and AB is a dual LED, going to present any issues?  Neither one (the current unit, nor the potential new unit), has FOC, so that is not a factor. 

I am also planning to get one of the Yari Pike Vented Flush Mount couplers, so that the AB light can shine through, so I hope this would all work together.  If it does, I promise pictures will follow suite!

You'll be fine, they set it up so that it will work on that setup no problem. 

Good idea btw, it's nice to have that kind of capability!  I have the same thing on my Consular, except I also have a Sentinel Yellow MLS for when I'm going for a more Grey Jedi look.

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:00:34 AM »

Yeah, the Archon was my second saber, but because of its versatility, it quickly became my favorite.  I still loves my VA Raven, but it will always be a Raven.  Though, now I could make it a BR, or an AB Raven.  That has a cool factor all of its own.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Abraxus
Knight Major

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »

Posted here are the results of said MLS swap:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=9511.0