Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help me decide! 24 Hour sale  (Read 787 times)
Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« on: October 12, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »

So they just announced this 24 hour sale because the site was down, and dammit I just gotta take advantage.  But I'm not sure what to get!

I'm debating on 2 options:

Grab Bag w/ Heavy Blade:  after the sale and my points, i can get it with shipping for under $50!  Pretty sweet.

Dominix v3 LE w/ Heavy Blade in AS (standard batteries): after the sale and points, its $68.42 shipped.  Basically the price I'd normally pay for a grab bag before shipping.  

Not sure what to do!!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »

I would grab bag it, but that's because I'm not too fond of the Aeon/Dominix V3s. They handle well and are comfortable, but I don't like the looks. Also, I've already got a pretty large collection, so I like grab bagging when I just want to add a color to the set. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »

Go with the grab bag, right now they're ridiculously unpredictable and therefore 20% cooler than they where for a while. Not that the Domi V3 is necessarily a bad option, but grab bags are exciting nowadays.

no

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »

I disagree with Luna and Manroon.  Ordinarily, I can see some merit to a grab bag, but with the sale right now, you can get stuff as cheap or cheaper by getting it directly than if you got it through a grab bag.  At the moment, you can get your choice of Aeon, Aeon LE, or Dominix v2 with your choice of color and a medium blade, $60.  Grab bag with a medium blade, $65.  The heavy blade changes the equation slightly (drives the Aeon/Dominix up to $70), but it's still a matter of having the hilt you choose and the blade color you choose rather than luck of the draw.

For Luna (about to order her fourth) and Manroon (10 sabers!) luck of the draw is interesting.  For somebody with only one saber (or no saber at all, in my case), I think it makes more sense to pick what you know you want.  If you know you want a Dominix in AS (and are fine with a v2, which may well be what's in a grab bag anyway), why save $5 to get what might be a SI in CG? (...although, with CG and your BR Initiate, you'd be all set for Christmas... Grin )

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »

I agree with Vyk.Based on your signature, it says you all ready have a initiate with BR. I suggest getting another one in BR or VA with a coupler so you can duel wield and make a staff for more spinning/fighting variety. Grab bags are still pretty random and you still have a high change of getting a v2 saber or some other saber you don't like. 

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »

Well, after much deliberation (I have an hour drive home from work. blah)  I decided to go with the Dominix v3 LE option. 

Reason being, as Vyx pointed out, I only have one saber, so the randomness of a grab bag doesn't lend itself well to my situation.  Also, I just really don't like the look of the v2 sabers.  Since I'm on something of a budget, I didn't want to risk the grab bag being one of them.  And being a v3, I can send it in later for sound if I want.

Thanks to everyone who posted!!  All your thoughts were appreciated and very useful.  Points to all!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: