Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Spear previously mentioned?  (Read 6156 times)
thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »

I think a saber spear would be great. Got an extra saber laying around I want to convert. So I will see what will happen. Along the lines of functionality, I think it would hold up well. Just got to get used to it.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:51 PM »

The thing to watch with the Yari and similar weapons is the incredible amount of power that you can generate with it, particularly with a Jung Ma style spin attack. I almost floored someone on a strike I started pulling only about a quarter of the way into it one time (contact was clean on a shoulder blade) and the other two times I've thrown that attack live I swept a leg out from under someone on one and popped a hilt hard enough to make it ring for a second on the other.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »

Momentum and spinning, oh yeah, they are great with that. I always liked the ep. I idea of maul's double bladed saber with one blade.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »

Want the nutty part? I was dual wielding on the shoulder hit. I made an opening with a standard length saber in my left hand and spun around it with the Yari in half length in my right. I stopped applying power as soon as I launched the move because it could have sent someone to the emergency room at full power.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: