Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Does battery set up affect brightness?  (Read 2366 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »

Indeed, Blue. The video speaks for itself. Nice work on the vid! I hope that gets pinned as it truly is an unbiased look at the different setups. Anyone in doubt should see this vid to clear up any confusion. Again, there are so many informative posts here that a lot of the posts should be an Ultrasabers wiki. It's just fantastic for us newcomers.

(I did order the Li-On with buckpuck, btw).  Tongue

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »

Nicely done Blue, point!

One thing I wanted to add that I forgot to earlier - color can change greatly depending on some other factors, one being whether or not you have RGB or FoC.  For RGB, Ultra and Deep have mentioned multiple times that the colors don't directly correspond to the single-color options... so the purple setting on an RGB saber isn't necessarily the same as Violet Amethyst.  For FoC they use a different type of LED entirely, a 10W RGB (LEDengine I believe, but don't quote me on it).  This gives a VERY different color, as I saw today when I compared my gf's Graflex with my new Dark Catalyst - both are Arctic Blue, but the Graflex is much bluer in shade.

Part of that comes from the fact that each of the two dies needed to create Arctic Blue are resistored.  Even the best resistors have a +/- 5% ohm variable.  It is always tricky when trying to create a color from two dies with resistors.  I am simply amazed at how well they do it consistently.  I now understand why so many of the forum exclusive colors stay that way until much time has passed. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: