Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Arctic Blue Shock LE [pic heavy]  (Read 9534 times)
Noriko
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 103

« on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »

I got my first saber a couple of weeks ago. So it's time to write a review.

Shipping:

I received my saber 5.5 days after I placed my order. Considering that I live in South Africa, that's amazingly fast.

My order:

Shock LE
Arctic Blue
Adegan Silver Flash on Clash
UltraEdge Midgrade
Blue-illuminated AV-switch

Hilt:

The hilt is a true beauty. While it's elegant, it doesn't have any fancy details that could make it look impractical. The grooves provide a very good grip.

Here's a closer view on the pommel and the covertec weel. The pattern of the holes in the pommel is quite simple, but it fits the practical design of the Shock.

The most detailed part of the Shock is the emitter, which greatly adds to the elegance. If you look closely, you can see some small imperfections in the anodizing in the groove between the switch and the emitter. That doesn't bother me at all; it just makes my Shock unique.

There's something else that makes my saber unique: Close to the blade there's "CU" carved into the emitter. My theory is that each hilt of the limited edition has a different letter combination carved into it (please correct me if this theory is wrong).

Blade/Color:

The saber is bright enough to light up a dark room. As you can see in the next picture, the blue light reflects beautifully from the silver parts of the hilt while the golden parts remain dark. I just love this contrast.

Going to the other extreme, here's the blade in very bright sunlight (and yes, the saber is on):

But when we step back a little to get out of the direct sun, we can see the beautiful arctic blue. I love this picture because it comes extremely close to the color you would see in person.

And in a well-lit room the blade is so bright that the color can't be captured accurately by the camera:

Sound:

Sorry. No pics in this category Sad

I'm sure you've heard it before: The Obsidian soundboard is loud.
I like the original sound fonts that come with the saber. They make the saber sound like an actual lightsaber.

Unfortunately, I couldn't play around with the setting yet. (This is basically me refusing to use Windows. Why is there no Linux support for the Obsidian launcher? I thought you guys were nerds Wink )

Balance:

I'm a total noob. So I have no idea about balance. But when I swing the saber I have the feeling that the balance is good. I've also taken a picture of the balance point:

Summary:

I couldn't be happier with my first saber.

PS: If those weren't enough pics, here are some I had posted previously: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=9366.0

PPS: If some of my formulations sound a bit weird, it's because English is not my native language. So please forgive me any mistakes I might have made.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Paradox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »

Awesome review and great pics!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Yet another saber I'll have to look into considering in the future!  Smiley

I'm waiting on the 3 sabers in my signature to still show up; 2 will arrive tomorrow and the Raven on Saturday or Monday.  I'll be sure to post pics and a review like you did once they arrive to help others out like you have me.  Thanks!

* Light Side points appreciated. *

- Initiate LE v3 with sound / Violet Amethyst
- Graflex CE with sound / SunRider's Destiny
- Raven SS edition with sound / Blazing Red

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »

Awesome review and great pics!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Yet another saber I'll have to look into considering in the future!  Smiley

I'm waiting on the 3 sabers in my signature to still show up; 2 will arrive tomorrow and the Raven on Saturday or Monday.  I'll be sure to post pics and a review like you did once they arrive to help others out like you have me.  Thanks!

You're welcome.

I'm looking forward to reading your review. It' quite impressive that you ordered three sabers at once. And very good choices BTW.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »

Point for a good, detailed review.

I like that the Shocks are growing in popularity more; it's my favorite hilt.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Paradox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

You're welcome.

I'm looking forward to reading your review. It' quite impressive that you ordered three sabers at once. And very good choices BTW.

Thanks much Noriko.  Yeah, I ordered 2 first, the initiate for my 6 year old son as his first blade and the Graflex for me.  Then when they had the extra 5% off I just had to jump on getting myself a Sith blade (the Raven) with the awesome discounts going on and the points I had accrued.

If I had to look look into two blades now for down the road purchase I'm eyeing the Shock LE and a hopeful eventual release of a Prophecy V3 *nickel plated*.   Smiley

Oh yes, and as Kham-Rym noted, of course points for such a great review!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:38:12 PM by Paradox » Logged

* Light Side points appreciated. *

- Initiate LE v3 with sound / Violet Amethyst
- Graflex CE with sound / SunRider's Destiny
- Raven SS edition with sound / Blazing Red

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 11:34:14 PM »

Very nice. To me, blue(be it Guardian or Artic) and yellow are the 2 colors that fit the Shock LE best. The AV Switch also gives it a way better look than with the standard guarded switch.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

Thanks.
And I agree. The standard guarded switch looks kind of unnatural with the Shock LE.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 12:13:34 AM »

Beautiful.

I like seeing the AB on the shocks, especially the LE Smiley

Thanks for posting!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »

Beautiful pictures!  I commented on your pic thread before because I really do love this saber, but you still managed to impress me with this review.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »

I am so jealous of the Shock LE. So many pics makes me want to get my Violet one.

You pics are amazing. What sort of camera was it?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »

Thanks everyone for the positive replies.  Smiley

It's actually a pretty cheap camera. It's a Canon, but I don't remember which model. I'm currently at work, but I can check the exact model when I come home.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

jjpprob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »

Wow, I want one! Kind of wishing I'd got a different colour for my Aeon v3 because the AB looks so great on the Shock LE, which I'm hoping to get when I can afford it. I might have to get it with quick disconnect and an AB module for it...

Sabers I own:
Arctic Blue Aeon v3 Stunt

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »

I am loving all the pics I am seeing lately.  I am certainly wanting to expand my hilt selection in the future.  The Shock LE looks great!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »

You pics are amazing. What sort of camera was it?

The camera is a Canon Digital IXUS 85 IS.
It's already a couple of years old. If I remember correctly I paid about 150 euro for it. For a camera in that price category, the image quality is quite good.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »

Thos e are really good pics co0ncidering that that is an en try level camera. Must be awesome technique.  Cool

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: