Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1279199 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4185 on: January 18, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »

Sure..heat stroke, sunburn, heat, allergies, limited work hours outside so nothing gets done....so great :p   
That's why the "universe" in its infinite wisdom saw fit to provide water, sunblock, shade, hankies, and alternative means of employment. Suck it up, princess. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4186 on: January 18, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »

That's why the "universe" in its infinite wisdom saw fit to provide water, sunblock, shade, hankies, and alternative means of employment. Suck it up, princess. Tongue

Same reason there is Fire, central heating  and Coats for cold weather....  Eat it Duchess Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4187 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »

Same reason there is Fire, central heating  and Coats for cold weather....  Eat it Duchess Tongue
Funny, my list costs infinitely less.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4188 on: January 18, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »

Yeah, the Cost of Living in a warm climate seem to be much better than a cold one. If you can get used to the warmer weather (usually by setting your A/C to 75-78 degrees and only kick on when the ambient temperature goes too high), you can get by with some really low bills. My electric bill is running about $100 per month in summer and $65-70 per month in winter. Couple that with no need for heating (mostly), no need to protect your pipes, no need to stockpile foodstuffs, and less cost for clothing (light jackets  and regular undies are MUCH cheaper than winter coats and long johns), and you have a truly affordable lifestyle.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4189 on: January 18, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »

Yeah, the Cost of Living in a warm climate seem to be much better than a cold one. If you can get used to the warmer weather (usually by setting your A/C to 75-78 degrees and only kick on when the ambient temperature goes too high), you can get by with some really low bills. My electric bill is running about $100 per month in summer and $65-70 per month in winter. Couple that with no need for heating (mostly), no need to protect your pipes, no need to stockpile foodstuffs, and less cost for clothing (light jackets  and regular undies are MUCH cheaper than winter coats and long johns), and you have a truly affordable lifestyle.

Not my experience.   Most expensive coat I own was 90 bucks...and I have had it for 20 years.  75 is way to high for an ac...got to be at least 71 for me to be comfortable...so no not cheaper energy wise.  As for heating...I had a wood burning stove and lived in the middle of the woods....I never went cold.  I pay more in energy now living in the hell hole that is the sunshine state than I ever did when it was cold back home.   Grow some hair on your chest and it won't bother you as much.   Grin

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4190 on: January 18, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »

Grow some hair on your chest and it won't bother you as much.   Grin

Are you kidding? I already look like Chewbacca's less-handsome stunt double. Any more and I'll have to go to a groomer's shop instead of a barber shop.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4191 on: January 18, 2017, 08:14:48 PM »

@ DT: BOOYA!

Not my experience.   Most expensive coat I own was 90 bucks...and I have had it for 20 years.  75 is way to high for an ac...got to be at least 71 for me to be comfortable...so no not cheaper energy wise.  As for heating...I had a wood burning stove and lived in the middle of the woods....I never went cold.  I pay more in energy now living in the hell hole that is the sunshine state than I ever did when it was cold back home.   Grow some hair on your chest and it won't bother you as much.   Grin
Ok, but there is what is known as sweat equity. Who is going to chop the wood? Plus there's the issue of soot and smoke. I think you lost this one, but a valiant effort. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4192 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:16 PM »

@ DT: BOOYA!
Ok, but there is what is known as sweat equity. Who is going to chop the wood? Plus there's the issue of soot and smoke. I think you lost this one, but a valiant effort. Tongue

I love chopping wood.. was my favorite thing to do outside during the winter.  How is soot and smoke an issue?  Never was for me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4193 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »

I love chopping wood.. was my favorite thing to do outside during the winter.  How is soot and smoke an issue?  Never was for me.
Cuz where there's fire, the other 2 aren't far.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4194 on: January 18, 2017, 09:08:17 PM »

If we drive through the insane snow I'll make sure to get some pictures up Tongue They said it might be gone by the time we leave this weekend though but who knows especially in like Kansas and stuff. So what movies are we talking about? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4195 on: January 18, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »

Cuz where there's fire, the other 2 aren't far.

Again...never a problem.  But whatever...You take Tatooine and I'll take Hoth...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4196 on: January 18, 2017, 09:46:28 PM »

Again...never a problem.  But whatever...You take Tatooine and I'll take Hoth...
Nuts to that. I'm taking Naboo.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4197 on: January 18, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »

Nuts to that. I'm taking Naboo.

You can have it. I'm going to Zeltros.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4198 on: January 18, 2017, 09:54:49 PM »

Women.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4199 on: January 18, 2017, 10:03:46 PM »

Women.
Meh. Women can be transported. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: