Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280158 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4395 on: February 17, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »

I am looking at suits, waistcoats and shirts as i will be going shopping soon to get some new stuff before I start my new job next month. However it REALLY annoys me that all the major high street shops (Topman, River Island, H&M, Burtons etc) seem to think that all men are the same as all their suits are "skinny fit". This discriminates against us men who spend time down the gym and aren't skinny. If I want to buy any of their suits I either need to lose weight (which I'm not prepared to do as I spent too long getting my muscles to this size) or spend a f*ck tonne of cash on some designer labels (which I refuse to do on principle).

I do have a few other options, so I know I'll be able to get some nice looking new stuff, but just needed to get that off my chest.

Hardy hardy har har. I would. It would search from about 4 minutes. And then come up with nothing. It's working now.
Congratulations. You passed your first saberforum test. You truly are "one of us".
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A</a>

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4396 on: February 17, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »

I'll say this. For the first 2 weeks I was on saberforum my search wouldn't pull anything up. I would try all sorts of different keywords and it would keep telling me zero. I even typed in the word saber one time and it came back with 0. I've since learned to keep my mouth shut and browse browse browse. But thought I'd throw that in there.
No LordVader0418.  Don't do that.

Ask any questions that you may have.  

The search function is a very helpful tool, but if it's not working...

Always remember:  There are no such things as stupid questions; only stupid answers. Tongue

-1 for saying it.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4397 on: February 17, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »

It also feeds my rant on the Lightsaber forms and how people want to skip to the "cool" stuff without learning the basics first, but I also blame that on human nature.

Ok, this is now officially a full fledged rant/vent.  Possibly an even bigger one than my Search Function vent.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4398 on: February 19, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »

omfg. Things won't give me a break.

Within the last couple days I've used a couple different creams on the fresh skin on my finger to help ease the itch/ keep moisturised. One of them has started a fresh bout of contact dermatitis!!! I'm almost back to square bloody one!

I am so over this.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4399 on: February 19, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »

Within the last couple days I've used a couple different creams on the fresh skin on my finger to help ease the itch/ keep moisturised. One of them has started a fresh bout of contact dermatitis!!! I'm almost back to square bloody one!

I am so over this.

Yeah, seeing your name as the last to post in this thread always gives me an "oh no, now what?!?" moment.

Um, let me think, ah got it:  at least you have good hair!  Oh, and lightly salted popcorn.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4400 on: February 19, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »

I am so over this.

Damn B1... No breaks whatsoever..

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4401 on: February 19, 2017, 06:42:33 PM »

I am so over this.
Maybe it is a side-effect from all the secret DNA manipulation experiments being conducted on you by the alien overlords.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4402 on: February 19, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »

I am so over this.
Wow, no kidding, that's terrible. Sounds like it's time for a hand replacement like Anakin and Luke Skywalker. Seriously though the problem has to feel a fair bit beyond "vexing".  Sorry it's being so stubborn. 

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4403 on: February 20, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »

Maybe it is a side-effect from all the secret DNA manipulation experiments being conducted on you by the alien overlords.

You must be a plant, trying to distract us from the overlords by making it sound so ridiculous no one will realize!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4404 on: February 20, 2017, 01:36:41 AM »

You must be a plant, trying to distract us from the overlords by making it sound so ridiculous no one will realize!
Or maybe......I AM THE OVERLORD and it is all my plan!!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4405 on: February 21, 2017, 04:08:53 AM »

I used to like tax season cause I would get a return, now with my wife working we have to pay THOUSANDS!!!   Angry

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4406 on: February 21, 2017, 04:15:00 AM »

I used to like tax season cause I would get a return, now with my wife working we have to pay THOUSANDS!!!   Angry
How do tax returns work in the States? There are specific criteria in the UK as to whether you have to do a self-assessment tax return, otherwise the government does it for you.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4407 on: February 21, 2017, 04:19:08 AM »

Same here... kids are getting older and deductions are dropping like flies from my return - I put filing tax returns off now until the last possible day.  It's rough, man, and the struggle is real.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4408 on: February 21, 2017, 04:33:14 AM »

How do tax returns work in the States? There are specific criteria in the UK as to whether you have to do a self-assessment tax return, otherwise the government does it for you.

At the beginning of the Year we get our forms (w-2's) and from there we have till April 15th to get them done.  There is Federal Tax and State Tax (although some states do not require you to file at all).  There are many ways people get their taxes done.  There is software (Turbo Tax), Tax Centers (H&R Block), you can do it yourself if you know what your doing and many accountants offer their services.  Once done you find out whether you get a refund, get nothing or have to pay.  Got no refund last year and had to pay a little.  Sucked.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4409 on: February 21, 2017, 04:39:20 AM »

At the beginning of the Year we get our forms (w-2's) and from there we have till April 15th to get them done.  There is Federal Tax and State Tax (although some states do not require you to file at all).  There are many ways people get their taxes done.  There is software (Turbo Tax), Tax Centers (H&R Block), you can do it yourself if you know what your doing and many accountants offer their services.  Once done you find out whether you get a refund, get nothing or have to pay.  Got no refund last year and had to pay a little.  Sucked.
I remember hearing about W-2s in The Shawshank Redemption.

Is there any criteria as to who has to do them or is it a requirement for everyone?

In the UK: https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-tax-returns/who-must-send-a-tax-return

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: