Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280899 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5235 on: September 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM »

That passage isn't really speaking of the material, but the mental.  Not in the "don't have fun" way either.  Best way I can explain it is with an anecdote.  Say I really want this Hot Toys Thanos....

(which I actually do, 14 inches tall)

.....but it costs around 400 dollars.  Now as an adult I can say, "man I want that for my collection, but I can't spare the cash right now.  Bills to pay repairs to make yada yada yada..." and I go about my life.   If I thought as a "child"... " man I want that, I have 400 in the bank.  Those brakes can wait, I got to have that Thanos...."  Of course that mentality can incorporate into many facets of life.

Dayum! Shocked That's pretty. I like to live by the logic "A want becomes a need when you can afford it." Just outta curiosity, what would you do if it were 50% off? Brakes or Thanos?

I do a bit of both.  Sometime I will go into a Specific store not looking for a particular item, just seeing if anything catches my eye.  But I can scan the pertinent aisles where I know things l like are and be gone in no time.  Only Book and Hardware stores eat up my time.

Perhaps. That when I call it shopping for opportunity. The discovery of a sale may persuade me to buy now instead of later, depending on how much I'm saving.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5236 on: September 14, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »

Dayum! Shocked That's pretty. I like to live by the logic "A want becomes a need when you can afford it." Just outta curiosity, what would you do if it were 50% off? Brakes or Thanos?

Perhaps. That when I call it shopping for opportunity. The discovery of a sale may persuade me to buy now instead of later, depending on how much I'm saving.

Thanos...I'll just drive reeeaaaallll slow for a while :p

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5237 on: September 16, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »

Just throwing my two cents in about collecting.
I collect:
- Ultrasabers
- Star Wars ArtFX/ArtFX+ statues
- Star Wars/Batman/Justice League graphic novels
- Action figues from the DC Collectibles Batman The Animated Series line

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5238 on: September 17, 2017, 01:57:41 AM »

well, this is a vent about myself.  Ordered the Archon v3.1 on the last of the Flash Sale last week.  It arrived yesterday (super fast).  I love it, good weight and feel.  BUUUUUUTTTTTT....  I realized that in my haste I had ordered it with Obsidian Lite instead of Premium.  So much going on right now with clean up from Irma and in the middle of working 10 straight days.. I never looked back over my order. 

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5239 on: September 17, 2017, 04:55:03 AM »

Wow bad luck there! Hopefully you at least got a quick disconnect.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5240 on: September 17, 2017, 08:02:14 PM »

well, this is a vent about myself.  Ordered the Archon v3.1 on the last of the Flash Sale last week.  It arrived yesterday (super fast).  I love it, good weight and feel.  BUUUUUUTTTTTT....  I realized that in my haste I had ordered it with Obsidian Lite instead of Premium.  So much going on right now with clean up from Irma and in the middle of working 10 straight days.. I never looked back over my order. 

Oh boy that stinks. I'm sure US will let you exchange it if you explain what happened.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5241 on: September 17, 2017, 11:07:00 PM »

Oh boy that stinks. I'm sure US will let you exchange it if you explain what happened.

I wouldn't expect an exchange, it was my mistake; not theirs.   I already got a quote on what it would be to get it upgraded...sadly I can't swing for it right now.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5242 on: September 18, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »

That is why I double and triple check my orders before I click the button of no returns.
I wouldn't expect an exchange, it was my mistake; not theirs.   I already got a quote on what it would be to get it upgraded...sadly I can't swing for it right now.
Bigger question, would you have been able to swing it before the mistake?

Why is the forum being such a jerk about me changing up my avatar. I select the "I have my own pic" and insert the proper web address. I move onto my personal text and it shows me the preview. But when I click Change Profile it defaults back to Personalized Pictures (no pic). Angry (#superpissed)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5243 on: September 18, 2017, 10:17:12 PM »

That is why I double and triple check my orders before I click the button of no returns.Bigger question, would you have been able to swing it before the mistake?

Why is the forum being such a jerk about me changing up my avatar. I select the "I have my own pic" and insert the proper web address. I move onto my personal text and it shows me the preview. But when I click Change Profile it defaults back to Personalized Pictures (no pic). Angry (#superpissed)

It did the same to me during my last change. I just did it 3 or 4 times until it finally took. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5244 on: September 18, 2017, 11:38:52 PM »

That is why I double and triple check my orders before I click the button of no returns.Bigger question, would you have been able to swing it before the mistake?

Yes, without getting into numbers; the cost to send it in and get it upgraded is almost like buying another saber.  So, if my mistake can be a lesson...everyone ALWAYS check before hitting buy.

It's been like that for me before, Like TJ said, It will eventually take.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5245 on: September 19, 2017, 12:29:16 AM »

Time to vent.
It's the girlfriend's turn to pick something to watch. I offer A New Hope as a suggestion, she says no and picks the first Harry Potter movie. I like the Harry Potter movies but over a New Hope? Are you kidding me?  Angry

Oh well Roll Eyes

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #5246 on: September 19, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »

Hoping today will be a better day at work...

Working with a new team formation and our chief is to lazy and chaotic to get anything done.
Thanks to this, I had no personnel to help me and I had to turn off my machine half way during the day...
This is the 3rd time this happened and I'm really mad at him...

And it's not just me, my other colleges have the same problem, so I decided to help them yesterday.
Otherwise no one would have been able to complete the tasks at hand.

He can forget about asking if any of us can work this weekend...

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5247 on: September 19, 2017, 10:31:54 AM »

Working with a new team formation and our chief is to lazy and chaotic to get anything done.
Thanks to this, I had no personnel to help me and I had to turn off my machine half way during the day...

And it's not just me, my other colleges have the same problem, so I decided to help them yesterday.

I hope you have a better day at work too. I have to deal with something like this too.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5248 on: September 19, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »

Yes, without getting into numbers; the cost to send it in and get it upgraded is almost like buying another saber.  So, if my mistake can be a lesson...everyone ALWAYS check before hitting buy.

It's been like that for me before, Like TJ said, It will eventually take.
Speaking of sending in......

I don't want to dog our favorite saber smith, but has anyone else ever felt slightly ripped off when an upgrade or switch-out is performed, and you don't get the old parts back? Correct me if wrong, or worse out of line, but it seems like we pay for something the first time around, say a switch, and then we decided to get it changed for another one. We pay for the new switch and the of course for the service, but after all is said and done we only get to keep one switch even though we've paid for both, and the old one probably still works.

Time to vent.
It's the girlfriend's turn to pick something to watch. I offer A New Hope as a suggestion, she says no and picks the first Harry Potter movie. I like the Harry Potter movies but over a New Hope? Are you kidding me?  Angry

Oh well Roll Eyes
Change your panties and reserve that for your pick. Tongue Then you can trade off: HP on her nights, SW on yours. Compromise is the foundation of any good relationship.

Working with a new team formation and our chief is too lazy and chaotic to get anything done.

And it's not just me, my other colleagues have the same problem, so I decided to help them yesterday.

You shouldn't have anything to sweat about. If it is not your responsibility or within your influence to make those calls, then you shouldn't be held accountable for the screw up. Plus your take charge attitude will come into its own, and others you've helped will support you. Before too long, you'll be chief.

Sig by For Tyeth

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5249 on: September 19, 2017, 05:45:07 PM »

Change your panties and reserve that for your pick. Tongue Then you can trade off: HP on her nights, SW on yours. Compromise is the foundation of any good relationship.

Trust me, I know. I have been with this woman for going on 9 years.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: