Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1279916 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5745 on: December 01, 2017, 05:41:43 PM »

YAY electrical incompetence. Oh wait.....that's bad.  Sad

I do not miss this.

Eh, I enjoy the challenge. I'm odd in that I prefer to do things correctly the first time as opposed to doing "just enough to pass."

It's the reason they love me here. I am extremely anal retentive about how things ahould be.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5746 on: December 01, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »

Eh, I enjoy the challenge. I'm odd in that I prefer to do things correctly the first time as opposed to doing "just enough to pass."

It's the reason they love me here. I am extremely anal retentive about how things ahould be.
Agreed. It's why certain jobs I absolutely can't do because no matter how hard/fast I work it just doesn't stop. That's why I tell people, "I'm an enginner. If you can't get it done right the first time, don't bother trying." But it drives me insane to no end when something just can't stay "fixed". Like housework. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5747 on: December 02, 2017, 01:02:05 AM »

Some idiot hit an eight point buck with a crossbow bolt, which had a field point on it, didn't hit anything immediately vital, and didn't track it after it bolted. I got to deal with a very wounded and angry buck that could barely move. I called animal control, who were remarkably unhelpful and said that they would send somebody out but they wouldn't be able to do much. I ended up putting him down and and getting the animal control officer to help me drag him out into the woods to let nature do its thing because they literally couldn't do anything for me.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5748 on: December 02, 2017, 01:12:12 AM »

Some idiot hit an eight point buck with a crossbow bolt, which had a field point on it, didn't hit anything immediately vital, and didn't track it after it bolted. I got to deal with a very wounded and angry buck that could barely move. I called animal control, who were remarkably unhelpful and said that they would send somebody out but they wouldn't be able to do much. I ended up putting him down and and getting the animal control officer to help me drag him out into the woods to let nature do its thing because they literally couldn't do anything for me.
People are irresponsible a-holes  Angry

Legally Animal Control can't deal with wildlife. That is something that requires permitting... even I can't do anything about a live deer and I am licensed Wildlife control. Best course of action is call the police and have an officer put it down. If you can get ahold of a Conservation officer, even better.

Point for being a responsible conservationist.

Also.... I have given Logos his 1559th point 4 times today. Whoever the troll is knock it the hell off *rude gesture*

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5749 on: December 02, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »

Legally Animal Control can't deal with wildlife. That is something that requires permitting... even I can't do anything about a live deer and I am licensed Wildlife control. Best course of action is call the police and have an officer put it down. If you can get ahold of a Conservation officer, even better.

Also.... I have given Logos his 1559th point 4 times today. Whoever the troll is knock it the hell off *rude gesture*

I went ahead and bumped him to 1560.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5750 on: December 02, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »

I would be willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the tracking as I have had to help track a deer all the way into the night...fun fun.  But using a field tip pretty much assures idiocy.   

so did I just now....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5751 on: December 02, 2017, 02:20:14 AM »

I would be willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the tracking as I have had to help track a deer all the way into the night...fun fun.  But using a field tip pretty much assures idiocy.
So have I, it's part of hunting. Marginal shots happen and deer are lost, once again it's part of hunting (unfortunately). But using a field point? That is disgustingly irresponsible. It was prolly some stupid kid screwing around or a new hunter who knows nothing, and unfortunately that deer had to suffer for their stupidity.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5752 on: December 02, 2017, 02:47:11 AM »

The Animal Control guy who responded told me that waste management will sometimes pick up a dead deer, but they really shouldn't. He also didn't want to use his side arm because discharging his sidearm means a boatload of paperwork (Animal control is a division of police around here and seem like its just another certification an officer can get) so I used mine.

I would be willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the tracking as I have had to help track a deer all the way into the night...fun fun.  But using a field tip pretty much assures idiocy.   

I have hunted with a rifle, which is a little different, and I only take shots that I know I can make and that I know will be a quick death. But my bell-end of a cousin hit a deer low, solid body hit but low enough to just barely hit the lungs and be long and painful. We tracked that Effer a mile and a half in the mountains of West Virginia. It sucked.

So have I, it's part of hunting. Marginal shots happen and deer are lost, once again it's part of hunting (unfortunately). But using a field point? That is disgustingly irresponsible. It was prolly some stupid kid screwing around or a new hunter who knows nothing, and unfortunately that deer had to suffer for their stupidity.

I would lay money on a kid who just got a target bow and decided he wanted to see if he could get a buck.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5753 on: December 02, 2017, 02:57:41 AM »

The Animal Control guy who responded told me that waste management will sometimes pick up a dead deer, but they really shouldn't. He also didn't want to use his side arm because discharging his sidearm means a boatload of paperwork (Animal control is a division of police around here and seem like its just another certification an officer can get) so I used mine.

I have hunted with a rifle, which is a little different, and I only take shots that I know I can make and that I know will be a quick death. But my bell-end of a cousin hit a deer low, solid body hit but low enough to just barely hit the lungs and be long and painful. We tracked that Effer a mile and a half in the mountains of West Virginia. It sucked.

I would lay money on a kid who just got a target bow and decided he wanted to see if he could get a buck.

I've had to put down 2 deer in my life...both were done with a knife as I dislike discharging a firearm towards the ground.  Any responsible hunter will do their best to drop a deer quickly...but crap happens and deer a fast movers.   More than a few times where I hit the deer was further to the side to where I aimed.  Luckily for myself I've never track any of my game very far before they dropped.   I do so miss hunting.   I agree....bet it was a dumb kid.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5754 on: December 03, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »

Irresponsible hunters are unfortunately a worldwide issue ...

In our previous house, we had a sheep killed ... and many bullets reach our roof ... each time i called police and each time it was because of alcohol ... it was a very nice place in the middle of nowhere but we leave mainly because of this kind of hunter ...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5755 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »

Irresponsible hunters are unfortunately a worldwide issue ...

In our previous house, we had a sheep killed ... and many bullets reach our roof ... each time i called police and each time it was because of alcohol ... it was a very nice place in the middle of nowhere but we leave mainly because of this kind of hunter ...
Wow...

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5756 on: December 04, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »

so did I just now....
Feelin' da luv. Points bombing in 3......2..........1............<boom>

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #5757 on: December 04, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »

Feelin' da luv. Points bombing in 3......2..........1............<boom>

Because I love you so much logos...#1575

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5758 on: December 05, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »

Because I love you so much logos...#1575
Yeah........that didn't last.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5759 on: December 05, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »

we got you

Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: