Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1278688 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5775 on: December 07, 2017, 08:41:05 PM »

I do not know ...

Release a movie world wide the same day should be possible in the XXIst century ...

It's possible of course, but they use the overseas markets to allow hype to build, build up an opening return (as the overseas market is huge) and strangle bootleggers.  But the bootlegging part is adapting so in a another few years you may see the strategy change.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5776 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »

It's possible of course, but they use the overseas markets to allow hype to build, build up an opening return (as the overseas market is huge) and strangle bootleggers.  But the bootlegging part is adapting so in a another few years you may see the strategy change.
But that's just it. If you released on a single hard and fast date, bootlegging would only appeal to the cheapskates that don't want to pay for a ticket.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5777 on: December 07, 2017, 10:17:18 PM »

It's possible of course, but they use the overseas markets to allow hype to build, build up an opening return (as the overseas market is huge) and strangle bootleggers.  But the bootlegging part is adapting so in a another few years you may see the strategy change.

I really do not know if it is strategic ... Here, TLJ will be released the 13th because by law, movies are released on Wednesday (and free TV channels can not broadcast cinema movies on Wednesday)  ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5778 on: December 07, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »

I really do not know if it is strategic ... Here, TLJ will be released the 13th because by law, movies are released on Wednesday (and free TV channels can not broadcast cinema movies on Wednesday)  ...

Another aspect to it.  In the US films are generally released (no law about it) oh Fridays because weekends are the largest market for film goers here.  Different cultures and countries, different ways of thinking.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5779 on: December 08, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »

Seriously troll. I haven't even posted today, and you're already starting shell?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #5780 on: December 08, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »

Always fun when you live in a more remote village. (read more short-sighted)
And you share an opinion with a small minority from your country whom are living in the big city.
Knowing that people in your environment have an agressif view towards the opinion.
It's not a comforting feel to say it subtiley.

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5781 on: December 11, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »

So I ordered a Diamond Chosen One in mid November and got a charger with it. When it came the charger was slightly different than the other two I own but all the specs were the same. I figured that whoever the manufacturer was just changed suppliers or something so I set it aside and forgot about it. I was charging all my sabers up in preparation for TLJ and plugged my DWG into the new charger. Light stayed green so I unplugged it and tried to turn my saber on. Nada. Tried it on my Consular, same thing. Plugged those into my old chargers and the Obsidian boot came on. I thought to myself "Oh stang maybe I can only charge my CO with it" Nope, Killed that as well. Sooo I have a faulty charger that may have damaged my sabers... fan-effing-tastic  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5782 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:53 PM »

So I ordered a Diamond Chosen One in mid November and got a charger with it. When it came the charger was slightly different than the other two I own but all the specs were the same. I figured that whoever the manufacturer was just changed suppliers or something so I set it aside and forgot about it. I was charging all my sabers up in preparation for TLJ and plugged my DWG into the new charger. Light stayed green so I unplugged it and tried to turn my saber on. Nada. Tried it on my Consular, same thing. Plugged those into my old chargers and the Obsidian boot came on. I thought to myself "Oh stang maybe I can only charge my CO with it" Nope, Killed that as well. Sooo I have a faulty charger that may have damaged my sabers... fan-effing-tastic  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
That am are suckin'.

1) Have you tried charging these sabers on the old chargers for a spell?

2) Do you have just a standard Li-ion charger. Where you take the batts out?

Sig by For Tyeth

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5783 on: December 11, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »

You says you plugged them into your old chargers and they booted up, so how are they damaged?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5784 on: December 11, 2017, 09:32:36 PM »

That am are suckin'.
1) Have you tried charging these sabers on the old chargers for a spell?
2) Do you have just a standard Li-ion charger. Where you take the batts out?

1) Yes
2) Yes

I also know all 3 sabers were almost fully charged already, I had done them at the end of last week. 2 I put on the working charges and let them go. 3rd set I took out and stuck on the xtar charger, the batteries were shorted down to 35%

You says you plugged them into your old chargers and they booted up, so how are they damaged?
I didn't say there were damaged. I said I fear damage. When shorts happen, a circuit board can very easily be fried or compromised.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5785 on: December 11, 2017, 09:37:35 PM »

1) Yes
2) Yes

I also know all 3 sabers were almost fully charged already, I had done them at the end of last week. 2 I put on the working charges and let them go. 3rd set I took out and stuck on the xtar charger, the batteries were shorted down to 35%
So the "damage" has been controlled?

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5786 on: December 11, 2017, 09:41:07 PM »

So the "damage" has been controlled?
As much as I can do to control it. Gonna leave them on the charges for a day and the premier will be a trial by fire to see if anything was compromised. I'm not willing to take a closer look at the pcb unless one starts acting up.

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5787 on: December 11, 2017, 10:11:21 PM »

As much as I can do to control it. Gonna leave them on the charges for a day and the premier will be a trial by fire to see if anything was compromised. I'm not willing to take a closer look at the pcb unless one starts acting up.
No worries, I got extra, and a wall charger.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5788 on: December 14, 2017, 08:02:27 PM »

Will net neutraility effect our forum? x.x And the main store?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5789 on: December 14, 2017, 08:46:46 PM »

Will net neutraility effect our forum? x.x And the main store?
Don't see why it would, since it was reversed today.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: