Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269193 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6345 on: February 20, 2018, 12:32:48 AM »

Hell, it ain't like it's the Pythagorean Theorem (a^2+b^2=c^2) or Avogadro's Number (~6.02x10^23). This is basic addition and multiplication. Perimeter is the sum of all sides of an object and area is the product of the length of one side times the length of another. Area is actually pretty damned easy to get in AutoCAD. Use the AREA command and select your polyline. Done.

I am hoping that the draft in question makes it more complex than adding the lengths of the sides, and area as well.  If not... well...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6346 on: February 20, 2018, 12:34:35 AM »

I can forgive forgetting things from elementary school, heck even high school, when it's not something that is used daily.  Something that is an important part of your day to day job, on the other hand...
Hell, it ain't like it's the Pythagorean Theorem (a^2+b^2=c^2) or Avogadro's Number (~6.02x10^23). This is basic addition and multiplication. Perimeter is the sum of all sides of an object and area is the product of the length of one side times the length of another. Area is actually pretty damned easy to get in AutoCAD. Use the AREA command and select your polyline. Done.

I couldn't remember how to do it until I read Jev's post... but then I haven't needed to use that information in over ten years. I'd hope a drafter, contractor, or other professional who uses it regularly would remember it...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6347 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:43 AM »

Our purchasing "professional" had to be shown what it meant to buy something 9-5/8" long the other day.  She was actually treating the dimension as if it were a math problem, until my coworker explained to her that 5/8" is a fraction that needed to be added to 9" to get the total length, but she still did not get it because she couldn't find 5/8 on a number line.   Roll Eyes This is the person we have buying heads and shells for our pressure vessels in one of our Oklahoma facilities... no wonder our stock is in the dumps.  Tongue

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #6348 on: February 20, 2018, 05:41:29 AM »

You misspelled avocado.

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #6349 on: February 20, 2018, 05:42:53 AM »

Our purchasing "professional" had to be shown what it meant to buy something 9-5/8" long the other day.  She was actually treating the dimension as if it were a math problem, until my coworker explained to her that 5/8" is a fraction that needed to be added to 9" to get the total length, but she still did not get it because she couldn't find 5/8 on a number line.   Roll Eyes This is the person we have buying heads and shells for our pressure vessels in one of our Oklahoma facilities... no wonder our stock is in the dumps.  Tongue

I think that's illegal in some states.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6350 on: February 20, 2018, 02:39:50 PM »

Wait, a person working as a drafter needed instruction for area and perimeter?  Isn't that sort of basic to the job?
Just because he was given the responsibility doesn't mean he has the necessary training. But thus the level of ineptitude of that we deal with at this Southern facility. <insert uncomfortable insincere smile> (Oh wait...)

Worse. It's basic sixth grade education.
I'm talking about complex geometries. I'm still waiting for him to come across his first spline and the inevitable pants wetting.

I think I still have Avogandro's Number in my calculater. Grin But the guy didn't even know how to create a polyline. I don't even bother with the AREA command. I just select my polyline and pull up its properties. Math is one of those areas where I have forgotten more than most will ever know. Wink

I got you beat. One day, one of my CSRs transferred a call to me because she didn't know how to answer the guy's question. So the guy tells me he's looking at a part in our standards catalog, and he needed to know how close.....no bullshell.....how close .500 was to half an inch. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I can't remember ever biting my tongue that hard.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6351 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:17 PM »

I got you beat. One day, one of my CSRs transferred a call to me because she didn't know how to answer the guy's question. So the guy tells me he's looking at a part in our standards catalog, and he needed to know how close.....no bullshell.....how close .500 was to half an inch. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I can't remember ever biting my tongue that hard.

Yeah I concede that is worse, easier problem and more people stumped, yikes.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6352 on: February 20, 2018, 11:55:44 PM »

The number of people now days who do NOT have any common sense is just down right disturbing!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6353 on: February 20, 2018, 11:59:07 PM »

The number of people now days who do NOT have any common sense is just down right disturbing!!

Common sense is now a super power!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #6354 on: February 21, 2018, 02:08:06 AM »

Common Sense is not a flower that grows in everyone's garden.

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6355 on: February 21, 2018, 02:26:42 AM »

Common Sense is not a flower that grows in everyone's garden.

Common Sense ain't.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6356 on: February 21, 2018, 02:58:07 AM »

Sort of like turn signals, every car has them but not every driver has the intelligence to find them. Or people who have lived in the united states their entire life but still haven't learned to account for sales tax, so they B**** at you because they haven't the mental prowess to add six bloody cents for every dollar and round up.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6357 on: February 21, 2018, 04:13:32 AM »

Sort of like turn signals, every car has them but not every driver has the intelligence to find them. Or people who have lived in the united states their entire life but still haven't learned to account for sales tax, so they B**** at you because they haven't the mental prowess to add six bloody cents for every dollar and round up.

I wish there were just a standard sales tax nationwide, or at least every county in a given state, because some, it changes.  Of course, this is as a merchant that does shows in different places at different shows...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6358 on: February 21, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »

Sort of like turn signals, every car has them but not every driver has the intelligence to find them.
$#@$%#$%^%$% TURN SIGNALS, USE THEM. Gaaahhhhhhh

A bit of a pet peeve of mine. Also when the idiot doesn't get into the turn lane entirely thus blocking the regular lane. They can all go die in a fire.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6359 on: February 21, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »

Common sense is actually a myth. Because what may be a common occurrence to one may not be common to another. But there are some universal commonalities.

I wish there were just a standard sales tax nationwide, or at least every county in a given state, because some, it changes.  Of course, this is as a merchant that does shows in different places at different shows...
I wish there was a tax on stupidity. Being dumb and forcing others to think for you should be a luxury that is heavily taxed. Some genius needs to work up some sort of device that can quantify stupidity in a similar fashion to how they made time into currency in In Time.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: