Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1278200 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7020 on: June 18, 2018, 10:57:14 PM »

Hellz no. II can't even stand sitting at a faulty traffic light, let alone have some dumbass machine following a prescribed path. Call me crazy, but as dumb as other drivers are, they can't be hacked. I'd rather deal with them.
Big whoop. I learned in middle school that humans are terrible, and I haven't tried to wipe them out. (yet)

I heartily agree, as dumb as other people are, I'd prefer actual human drivers. I can't even stand riding in a car being driven by someone else, much less one that drives on its own.

As if it wasn't hard enough to get a job now....

Dang robots, how dare you!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7021 on: June 19, 2018, 03:18:11 AM »

Who? How? And why?

Did you tick someone with connections off?

I do not know, but the whole thing gives me a weird feeling. Its not just all at once, its that every thing has been a piece of paper (and one phone call) I received within two hours, the person that delivered the note from the HOA (I read the rules by the way, commercial production is specifically prohibited. Not a word about tools) taped it to the door and bolted, and Jacky wouldn't talk about it on the phone. . . Jacky isn't a paranoid guy.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7022 on: June 19, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »

Lottery? Or application process.
Lottery is only good for taking money from the poor. So application.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7023 on: June 19, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »

Lottery is only good for taking money from the poor. So application.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not the "mega bucks" type of Lottery, using its secondary definition.

• a process or thing whose success or outcome is governed by chance.

Much like the 1948 story "The Lottery"   or  modern example "The Hunger Games"     Names drawn from a lot.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7024 on: June 19, 2018, 02:33:10 PM »

Lottery? Or application process.
As I said....SELECTION. I would say natural selection, but she works too slowly, and often forgets to take her meds. So I'm not confident leaving a culling in her hands. And lotteries and applications have to be processed by people, who, as previously stated, are terrible and not to be trusted. They made a whole Netflix (or some other service) series about it. Culling through standardized testing; if you weren't smart enough to be of value to society, you were....."removed" from society. But per usual, those in charge corrupted what should have been a simple process.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7025 on: June 19, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »

As I said....SELECTION. I would say natural selection, but she works too slowly, and often forgets to take her meds. So I'm not confident leaving a culling in her hands. And lotteries and applications have to be processed by people, who, as previously stated, are terrible and not to be trusted. They made a whole Netflix (or some other service) series about it. Culling through standardized testing; if you weren't smart enough to be of value to society, you were....."removed" from society. But per usual, those in charge corrupted what should have been a simple process.

Yup. People in general are terrible. It's nice to see someone else say it for once. Obviously there are exceptions, but in general humans are a disgusting failed species.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7026 on: June 19, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »

Yup. People in general are terrible. It's nice to see someone else say it for once. Obviously there are exceptions, but in general humans are a disgusting failed species.

Not a failure at all. Quite a successful species and will remain the dominant species until we create a better one. We're only about 12 years out on that, so I suggest enjoying it while it lasts.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7027 on: June 19, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »

Not a failure at all. Quite a successful species and will remain the dominant species until we create a better one. We're only about 12 years out on that, so I suggest enjoying it while it lasts.
It is my experience that an inferior being cannot create a superior one. Inherent flaws are generally passed from one generation to the next. The only way to correct these flaws is by education. Failure to educate results in the continued propagation of the inherent flaws. And the viscious cycle starts aaaaaalllllll over again.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7028 on: June 19, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »

It is my experience that an inferior being cannot create a superior one. Inherent flaws are generally passed from one generation to the next. The only way to correct these flaws is by education. Failure to educate results in the continued propagation of the inherent flaws. And the viscious cycle starts aaaaaalllllll over again.

I don't really have anything to add other than I fully agree. Well said.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7029 on: June 19, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »

We don't have to create something superior to humans. How would that even be measured? We just have to create something that can replace us. Something we are easily capable of doing.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7030 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:42 PM »

We don't have to create something superior to humans. How would that even be measured? We just have to create something that can replace us. Something we are easily capable of doing.

That is a terrifyingly true statement. 

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7031 on: June 19, 2018, 10:59:58 PM »

People are terrible because we suffer from collective stupidity. The IQ of any group over 10 is the IQ of the lowest divided by the number of people in the group. If you add alcohol you must square the number of people before dividing. 

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7032 on: June 20, 2018, 01:02:43 AM »

well.  The company I usr to order my collectibles from just went full R#*&!#.   Some preorders require a non refundable deposit.  Three of those pre-orders I no longer wanted and was willing to bite the deposit cost.  But you can't just cancel them like normal, you have to contact customer service.  Their hours are when I am at work so I emailed them.  Without asking me WHICH preorders I wanted canceled they cancled ALL my preorders that needed a deposit.... 

Jon Solo
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

I would like to be neutral in my points please.

« Reply #7033 on: June 20, 2018, 01:27:46 AM »

I think ultra is planning something guys and gals

Avatar supplied by the great DarthScrub

Current Sabers:
Dark Sentinel v4 - Adegan Silver
Dominix LE V4 - Arctic Blue
Consular (the professor) - emerald driver with obsidian sound v4

Wishlist:
Consular (achieved)
Guardian
Lost Gray
Fulcrum
Crimson Reaper

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7034 on: June 20, 2018, 01:39:57 AM »

I think ultra is planning something guys and gals

It's really sounding like it, isn't it? I'm a bit worried.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: