Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280266 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7305 on: August 17, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39421.msg651747#msg651747

However, that may change, as it has been determined that I am who I say I am. And without me even asking!!!

That's always been one of my favorite lines, "You may not be who you are!"

Uh, this is supposed to be a vent thread so... um... right:  There is a severe lack of cheesecake in my life!

I'm pretty sure if you asked Ultra, he may be able to access that info and get you back up.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7306 on: August 17, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »

I only get spasms post workout and they’re not fun so you getting constantly without any stimuli sucks.  My psychiatrist gives me meds to go to sleep without nightmares, maybe something close to it will help?
[/quote]

I sometimes take Trazadone for sleep. What do you take?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7307 on: August 17, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »

I only get spasms post workout and they’re not fun so you getting constantly without any stimuli sucks.  My psychiatrist gives me meds to go to sleep without nightmares, maybe something close to it will help?

I some times take Trazadone for sleep. What do you take?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7308 on: August 17, 2018, 08:20:34 PM »

I some times take Trazadone for sleep. What do you take?

The same and that’s what I was talking about, haha. But I can only take half since I’m succeptable to medication. 

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7309 on: August 17, 2018, 08:28:39 PM »

The same and that’s what I was talking about, haha. But I can only take half since I’m succeptable to medication.  

That's a crazy coincidence! I have to take 5 at a time, and that just gets me TO sleep.  I take it with the Melatonin which helps me stay asleep.
I don't like the way Trazadome makes me feel in the mornings, so I don't take it all the time.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7310 on: August 17, 2018, 08:31:38 PM »

That's a crazy coincidence! I have to take 5 at a time, and that just gets me TO sleep.  I take it with the Melatonin which helps me stay asleep.
I don't like the way Trazadome makes me feel in the mornings, so I don't take it all the time.

My wife is just like you. She can drive on Morphine.... I toss my guts up when I take Hydrocodone

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7311 on: August 17, 2018, 09:03:25 PM »

My wife is just like you. She can drive on Morphine.... I toss my guts up when I take Hydrocodone

Yeah, I have a high tolerance for almost everything. I'm far from proud of it, but when I was taking Hydrocodone for pain I was taking about 13 of the 5 mg pills just to get relief.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7312 on: August 17, 2018, 09:05:35 PM »

Yeah, I have a high tolerance for almost everything. I'm far from proud of it, but when I was taking Hydrocodone for pain I was taking about 13 of the 5 mg pills just to get relief.

I need Promethazine to keep from vomiting but those two combined, will knock me out for 16 hours

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7313 on: August 17, 2018, 09:08:58 PM »

I need Promethazine to keep from committing but those two combined, will knock me out for 16 hours

You mean vomiting right?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7314 on: August 17, 2018, 09:10:06 PM »

You mean vomiting right?

Yes vomiting, stupid autocorrect

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7315 on: August 18, 2018, 12:36:10 AM »

Meds are so much fun, I always get the oddball opposite of typical reaction, the pills I take make most people kind of energised but they put me to sleep. Of course I have been on them for so long now I can't sleep without them.... stupid messed up brain chemistry.... I'm gonna crawl under the blankets now until my new saber arrives.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7316 on: August 18, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »

About half of the drugs that I have been prescribed have had minimal effect, well, if you dan't count the side effects.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7317 on: August 18, 2018, 01:14:46 AM »

About half of the drugs that I have been prescribed have had minimal effect, well, if you dan't count the side effects.

Exactly! Kriffing side effects! I've experienced every side effect possible from every antidepressant I've ever taken. And I've tried quite a few in the last 25 years. Yet not one of them did a damn thing about my depression. Some made it worse. I vowed to never try another several years ago.
There has to be a better solution.   

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #7318 on: August 18, 2018, 05:16:05 AM »

Technically there’s no such thing as a side effect. Everything it does is an effect of the drug, it’s just that they’re only prescribed for one or two of the effects, and you get the rest along as a “bonus.”

Exactly! Kriffing side effects! I've experienced every side effect possible from every antidepressant I've ever taken. And I've tried quite a few in the last 25 years. Yet not one of them did a damn thing about my depression. Some made it worse. I vowed to never try another several years ago.
There has to be a better solution.  

I am not a mental health professional. I am on medication for depression (and bipolar disorder, and ADD, and I have ASD, though there isn’t any medication that can help with that). My personal opinion, based solely on my own experience is this:

Depression can be caused by chemical issues in the brain or physiological issues or a combination of both. Medication alone may not make a difference, talk therapy may be what’s needed. In my case I do both, take medication and see a therapist. And I know there are people that say therapy doesn’t work (because I’ve had this discussion on this forum). And it doesn’t work unless you’re seeing the right person for it. I went through six people before I found the one that I “clicked” with and who is able to help me.

Mental health issues can be tough, since different people with the same issues can have very different causes for the issues. So the same issues in two people make need completely different treatment.

My only other advice is not to give up in getting help, periodically check to see if any new medications become available, keep an eye out for clinical tests that you could participate in (they’d love you since nothing has previously worked for you).

If you want any other information that I can give you, or more info on what’s worked for me, shoot me a PM and I’ll be glad to talk. Or if you want me to shut the heck up and butt out, let me k ow and I can do that too.

And I’m going to say this again, just to be absolutely clear, that I am NOT in any way, shape, or form any kind of trained mental health professional. I’m just a guy with issues who is happy to share his experience with what’s worked for him, which may or may not work for you or anyone else.

Totally forgot to mention, but I did get cheesecake.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7319 on: August 18, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »

Technically there’s no such thing as a side effect. Everything it does is an effect of the drug, it’s just that they’re only prescribed for one or two of the effects, and you get the rest along as a “bonus.”

I am not a mental health professional. I am on medication for depression (and bipolar disorder, and ADD, and I have ASD, though there isn’t any medication that can help with that). My personal opinion, based solely on my own experience is this:

Depression can be caused by chemical issues in the brain or physiological issues or a combination of both. Medication alone may not make a difference, talk therapy may be what’s needed. In my case I do both, take medication and see a therapist. And I know there are people that say therapy doesn’t work (because I’ve had this discussion on this forum). And it doesn’t work unless you’re seeing the right person for it. I went through six people before I found the one that I “clicked” with and who is able to help me.

Mental health issues can be tough, since different people with the same issues can have very different causes for the issues. So the same issues in two people make need completely different treatment.

My only other advice is not to give up in getting help, periodically check to see if any new medications become available, keep an eye out for clinical tests that you could participate in (they’d love you since nothing has previously worked for you).

If you want any other information that I can give you, or more info on what’s worked for me, shoot me a PM and I’ll be glad to talk. Or if you want me to shut the heck up and butt out, let me k ow and I can do that too.

And I’m going to say this again, just to be absolutely clear, that I am NOT in any way, shape, or form any kind of trained mental health professional. I’m just a guy with issues who is happy to share his experience with what’s worked for him, which may or may not work for you or anyone else.

Totally forgot to mention, but I did get cheesecake.

I want you to shut the heck up and butt out. I'm just kidding! Wink
It would be pretty lame of me to talk about any of this stuff if I was opposed
to hearing other peoples views on it.

I've been in and out of talk therapy since I was about 5. I'm 39 now and the only person I ever saw that was any help at all taught me about Transcendental Meditation when I was in my late teens.

A lot of my depression comes from dealing with chronic pain. I just started pain management for the third time in a decade. The first time that it's actually a whole team of doctors, including a psychologist. It's the first time in over 20 years that I've really felt hopeful about anything getting better.

I was on Paxil as a teenager before they found out that it can cause suicidal thoughts in teenagers. I remember being on it while living in Hollywood and just feeling like a complete zombie. I almost just walked in front of an 18 wheeler with absolutely no emotion. Whatever works for other people is fine with me but I can never again deal with that month or so of waiting for an antidepressant to work, and the terror of waiting to see what the "bonus" effects are going to be, let alone once it actually starts to do it's thing.

I appreciate the offer to talk via PM. I might hit you up sometime.

Anyway, It seems that you got your old name back. Right on.
Mostly I'm just glad you got your cheesecake you hoopy frood!  Smiley     

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: