Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280099 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7455 on: October 24, 2018, 05:54:39 AM »

Had a similar incident with the website I buy my collectibles from.  I wanted to cancel a preorder so I contacted them...they proceeded to cancel ALL my preorders.  Needless to say the phone call wasn't a pleasant one for them.

One reason I almost always run by what I thought they said and confirm when I deal with customers. People don't always speak as clearly as they THINK they do, I know I'm SUPER guilty, especially over the phone. Aside from tone, projection, volume, etc, some people have weird vocal mannerisms, that they don't necessarily realize they do. One thing I've noticed a LOT of people do, at least around here, is they tend to add unnecessary "s" to the end of words, so it SOUNDS like they're saying something plural(they are) but really mean singular.

So for instance(to use your situation as an example, not saying you do this), "Hi, I'd like you to cancel my 'pre-orders,' please." is what they say, but in their head they're saying "I'd like to cancel my pre-order."

There's also regional variances in word uses and pronunciations, even within the US. Heck even among different individuals within the same area, even the same household. The old "My sister thought it was called a ___ until she was 25, what a dummy."So many times I'd have to decipher what someone was talking about, and I'd still get it wrong because of the "language barrier." Especially dealing with lay people who have not a clue about what anything they're trying to talk to you about.

Like that.

I do't really know what my point is, so good night.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7456 on: October 24, 2018, 09:29:34 AM »

One reason I almost always run by what I thought they said and confirm when I deal with customers. People don't always speak as clearly as they THINK they do, I know I'm SUPER guilty, especially over the phone. Aside from tone, projection, volume, etc, some people have weird vocal mannerisms, that they don't necessarily realize they do. One thing I've noticed a LOT of people do, at least around here, is they tend to add unnecessary "s" to the end of words, so it SOUNDS like they're saying something plural(they are) but really mean singular.

So for instance(to use your situation as an example, not saying you do this), "Hi, I'd like you to cancel my 'pre-orders,' please." is what they say, but in their head they're saying "I'd like to cancel my pre-order."

There's also regional variances in word uses and pronunciations, even within the US. Heck even among different individuals within the same area, even the same household. The old "My sister thought it was called a ___ until she was 25, what a dummy."So many times I'd have to decipher what someone was talking about, and I'd still get it wrong because of the "language barrier." Especially dealing with lay people who have not a clue about what anything they're trying to talk to you about.

Like that.

I do't really know what my point is, so good night.

The point is valid and I deal with it as a supervisor quite a bit.  Personally I was taught to have a professional "voice" and a personal one, especially in writing.  To be more specific in this incident:  some pre-orders require a down payment, to cancel those you have to contact Customer Service. I e-mailed and said "I would like to cancel a pre-order that required a down payment.  What information do you need from me to do so?"  the next day I got an email with the response:  " Good Morning, I went ahead and canceled your pre-orders requiring down payments.  Is there anything else I can help  you with."

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7457 on: October 24, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »

I can definitely relate to this.  Working in the IT field, I have lots of internal clients that will miss use words and expect me to know what they're talking about.  Case in point, we have network drives that are mapped through an in-house designed software that maps default drives along with specific drives native to an office (Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, etc.).  When this software is down or the network drives don't map correctly, I'll get a call, IM, email, or ticket stating "The network is down" and after talking to them and checking the network, it's just the drive but they told half of my floor that "the network is down" already so now I'm receiving calls since they freaked out 1/3 of my office....

I'll always get the typically "my computer's not working" which is normally replied with "Can you give me more details other than it's not working? Does it turn on at all? Can you sign in? Is there an error?" and in most cases it has to do with something like a web browser not launching as fast as they wanted (most of my employees are super impatient) and they will click on the icon like 50 times causing task manager to have 50 processes and as a result, the software locks up.  Of course if I ask them how many times they tried to launch the software "Oh, just once or twice"  but I love to show them Task Manager and the 50 processes.  So no, the computer IS working, they just NEED TO BE PATIENT

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7458 on: October 24, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »

Everything hurts.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7459 on: October 24, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »

Everything hurts.

Sorry to hear, Frizzen.  Nothing pain meds won't help?

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #7460 on: October 24, 2018, 04:14:07 PM »

Sorry to hear, Frizzen.  Nothing pain meds won't help?

its outpaced ibuprofen, and I can't take prescription pain meds and drive.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7461 on: October 24, 2018, 04:41:36 PM »

its outpaced ibuprofen, and I can't take prescription pain meds and drive.

Understood, I'm the same way.  Really susceptible to meds

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7462 on: October 24, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »

Everything hurts.

That sucks. I hope you feel better.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7463 on: October 24, 2018, 07:07:41 PM »

That sucks. I hope you feel better.

DS! Welcome back! Feeling better?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7464 on: October 24, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »

Everything hurts.
Chop it off

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7465 on: October 24, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »

Well then Tepes, that's just an overzealous employee jumping the gun.

I can definitely relate to this.  Working in the IT field, I have lots of internal clients that will miss use words and expect me to know what they're talking about.  Case in point, we have network drives that are mapped through an in-house designed software that maps default drives along with specific drives native to an office (Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, etc.).  When this software is down or the network drives don't map correctly, I'll get a call, IM, email, or ticket stating "The network is down" and after talking to them and checking the network, it's just the drive but they told half of my floor that "the network is down" already so now I'm receiving calls since they freaked out 1/3 of my office....

I'll always get the typically "my computer's not working" which is normally replied with "Can you give me more details other than it's not working? Does it turn on at all? Can you sign in? Is there an error?" and in most cases it has to do with something like a web browser not launching as fast as they wanted (most of my employees are super impatient) and they will click on the icon like 50 times causing task manager to have 50 processes and as a result, the software locks up.  Of course if I ask them how many times they tried to launch the software "Oh, just once or twice"  but I love to show them Task Manager and the 50 processes.  So no, the computer IS working, they just NEED TO BE PATIENT

I worked at Staples, in EasyTech. This is so how it is, especially the second part.

I once had a guy come in saying he couldn't see, only the bottom two or so inches of the screen were visible. I thought it was a bad screen, from what he described. I turned the computer on and everything was fine, I could see his desktop. He said it's when he was in the web browser, so I opened Internet Explorer, and he had, no joke, enough toolbars to cover most of the screen, minus the bottom two inches....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #7466 on: October 27, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »

I almost got the last bottle of Glenfarclas 25 Year Old at my local liquor store yesterday, it would have been about $200, but the employee behind the counter dropped it. I was about to just get a bottle of The Glenfiddich 21 Year Old (its a little more, and not exactly what I wanted, but I had also been thinking about it as well). But the guy fricking scanned the barcode on the tube soaked in wasted scotch and told me that I would have to pay for the bottle that he dropped. Which I refused. And thankfully the store has security cams and the manager sided with me. But I decided not to buy anything from them after all.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7467 on: October 27, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »

I almost got the last bottle of Glenfarclas 25 Year Old at my local liquor store yesterday, it would have been about $200, but the employee behind the counter dropped it. I was about to just get a bottle of The Glenfiddich 21 Year Old (its a little more, and not exactly what I wanted, but I had also been thinking about it as well). But the guy fricking scanned the barcode on the tube soaked in wasted scotch and told me that I would have to pay for the bottle that he dropped. Which I refused. And thankfully the store has security cams and the manager sided with me. But I decided not to buy anything from them after all.
Wow Frizz.  That's kind of brutal...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7468 on: October 27, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »

Sounds like he was trying to get one over

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7469 on: October 27, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »

So the clerk tried to blame you for something he did?  No, H**l no.  I'm glad that there are security cams but even if there wasn't any, they would have to prove that you did it.  I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: