Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269217 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7650 on: February 15, 2019, 02:39:38 AM »

Xamon... That's a lot of snow weight on your roof.  Be careful if you decide to go up there.  4 feet of snow is unthinkable for me here... but I once lived in Winnipeg.  It's snowing again in Victoria.  Apparently the city does not have more than a handful of snow plows.  Thankfully my car is in an underground garage, but am already concerned how I'm going to get to work this weekend as the exit is on to a back lane.   Love white cars against the snow and all those drivers with summer tires and minimal snow experience.  Undecided

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7651 on: February 15, 2019, 09:20:52 AM »

Hope you’re able to get the snow off, Xamon. Stay safe

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7652 on: February 16, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »

Every time it snows, I wonder how a group of people who see snow, or at least the possibility of snow, seven months out of the year(it's not uncommon to have snow here as early as October and as late as April), are so inept at driving in it. It's like they forget over the summer, especially that first snow. Like "We didn't have snow for five months and you forget?"

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7653 on: February 16, 2019, 10:05:17 PM »

Every time it snows, I wonder how a group of people who see snow, or at least the possibility of snow, seven months out of the year(it's not uncommon to have snow here as early as October and as late as April), are so inept at driving in it. It's like they forget over the summer, especially that first snow. Like "We didn't have snow for five months and you forget?"

Every year.  Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7654 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:29 PM »

Every year.  Roll Eyes

Texas doesn't get a lot of snow, but we get a fair amount of rain, and I swear once the second drop falls, drivers seem to go, "Water fall from sky make great face god angry!  Yank wheel hard and drive like jerk to appease!"

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7655 on: February 17, 2019, 03:27:33 AM »

Texas doesn't get a lot of snow, but we get a fair amount of rain, and I swear once the second drop falls, drivers seem to go, "Water fall from sky make great face god angry!  Yank wheel hard and drive like jerk to appease!"

Yup, pretty much this. Even in rain. Roll Eyes

(Sig by me!)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7656 on: February 17, 2019, 11:15:29 AM »

HAHA!  Yep.  Cheesy

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7657 on: February 18, 2019, 04:48:13 AM »

Exactly this. Heck, they drive pretty bad normally but add some rain into the mix and they drive as if the world is ending

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7658 on: February 18, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »

I think having to do a practical road test every 5 years should be a thing, there would either be better drivers or a lot fewer people with licences.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7659 on: February 18, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »

I think having to do a practical road test every 5 years should be a thing, there would either be better drivers or a lot fewer people with licences.

I don't disagree with that. The DMV would be overcrowded than it normally is but that would deter quite a bit of the bad drivers away.  Unfortunately, those that take the actual test don't behave like they do when they're diving by themselves.  It's more so act or drive like you think they want you to rather than driving like you're supposed to

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7660 on: February 19, 2019, 05:52:45 AM »

I actually disagree. Sadly our society is built around being able to get where you need to, when you need to be there. For many that means driving. Rural areas, like where I currently live, would be hit hard if, say, 60% of residents suddenly loose their license. That would have huge economical implications that most don't take into account. Businesses struggle as is, being for the most part convenient for those who need them, imagine if just getting there was a huge inconvenience for most people? Perhaps it would be better for UPS, as online sales would go through the roof, and they need more workers to deliver them, although they may need to pay more, as CDL are now likely an even rarer certification. Rural populations will dwindle as people flock to the cities after loosing their licenses, so this area will go from having a bad economy, to probably zero economy.

More populated areas will be hit with major infrastructure problems. They'll be inundated with a recently unlicensed populace, moving there to be in a place with public transport so they can get around. This will do two things; Inundate them with a population larger than they have housing and accommodations for, and jam the now too small public transport system with far more daily users than it was designed to handle. Eventually they will expand, but that takes time. The homeless population just shot up for the near future.

Some cities, like LA, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh, as well as many others, don't have a great PT system in place as is, those are known as "driving cities" or cities where most residents still need a car. These will probably crumble under the weight of a good number fleeing to places with a better public transport system, coupled with trying to get their own put in place or expand their current paltry system.

Cities like NY, Boston, Philadelphia, and DC, among others, have decent transportation systems in place already, but caravans of suddenly unlicensed residents will descend upon them and likely cause a terrible fall from grace, as the infrastructure fails to handle all these swarms of unlicensed idiots. It'll be like The Walking Dead, as many will be on foot, although still licensed folks will likely drive many, just imagine overstuffed vans, and buses making a special run to nearby cities, as the Idiots(as they will henceforth be called) clog the roads. It will be a mass hysteria, and will plunge the US into being a third-world country, with poor and diseased homeless Idiots roam the streets of our cities by the millions. Canada will likely build a border wall, and if we don't first, Mexico as well, as Idiots and non-Idiots, flock to the borders to gain access to a better life.....

This of course will happen. Why? Because I have absolutely zero faith in the intelligence of the average American citizen. They are idiots, in the truest sense of the word. I also have little faith in the ability of 90% of the drivers on the road to pass a driver's test.

(Sig by me!)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7661 on: February 19, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »

I actually disagree. Sadly our society is built around being able to get where you need to, when you need to be there. For many that means driving. Rural areas, like where I currently live, would be hit hard if, say, 60% of residents suddenly loose their license. That would have huge economical implications that most don't take into account. Businesses struggle as is, being for the most part convenient for those who need them, imagine if just getting there was a huge inconvenience for most people? Perhaps it would be better for UPS, as online sales would go through the roof, and they need more workers to deliver them, although they may need to pay more, as CDL are now likely an even rarer certification. Rural populations will dwindle as people flock to the cities after loosing their licenses, so this area will go from having a bad economy, to probably zero economy.

More populated areas will be hit with major infrastructure problems. They'll be inundated with a recently unlicensed populace, moving there to be in a place with public transport so they can get around. This will do two things; Inundate them with a population larger than they have housing and accommodations for, and jam the now too small public transport system with far more daily users than it was designed to handle. Eventually they will expand, but that takes time. The homeless population just shot up for the near future.

Some cities, like LA, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh, as well as many others, don't have a great PT system in place as is, those are known as "driving cities" or cities where most residents still need a car. These will probably crumble under the weight of a good number fleeing to places with a better public transport system, coupled with trying to get their own put in place or expand their current paltry system.

Cities like NY, Boston, Philadelphia, and DC, among others, have decent transportation systems in place already, but caravans of suddenly unlicensed residents will descend upon them and likely cause a terrible fall from grace, as the infrastructure fails to handle all these swarms of unlicensed idiots. It'll be like The Walking Dead, as many will be on foot, although still licensed folks will likely drive many, just imagine overstuffed vans, and buses making a special run to nearby cities, as the Idiots(as they will henceforth be called) clog the roads. It will be a mass hysteria, and will plunge the US into being a third-world country, with poor and diseased homeless Idiots roam the streets of our cities by the millions. Canada will likely build a border wall, and if we don't first, Mexico as well, as Idiots and non-Idiots, flock to the borders to gain access to a better life.....

This of course will happen. Why? Because I have absolutely zero faith in the intelligence of the average American citizen. They are idiots, in the truest sense of the word. I also have little faith in the ability of 90% of the drivers on the road to pass a driver's test.

Points for this whole post.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Archon - "Insight"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7662 on: February 19, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »

Points for this whole post.

Thank you!

I do however think making it harder to become licensed, for those who are not currently licensed, and implement such a policy for any new license issued after a certain date, is a wonderful idea. The problem we have is, that DMV hand driver's licenses out like candy, and many of those people simply shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car, much less driving one. Also be more willing to take licenses away for violations. If you are caught driving while inebriated, accrue more than one violation within a years time, or are in an "at fault" accident, your license is revoked. Period.

This will change driving habits, while also allow society time to adapt to a world where an ever increasing percentage of the populace are not licensed drivers.

(Sig by me!)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7663 on: February 22, 2019, 04:06:13 AM »

Ok update on my acrylic blade situation, after finally putting a claim through paypal to return my money, I get contacted via facebook by the vendor the very next day...(after weeks of no response) Tongue  Seems they don't check their business emails?!?  Huh

But anyway they did send me a new one and I am pretty happy with it.  Lifted the claim and thanked the vendor, so happy ending, thank goodness.  By the way it was a rapier style blade, will post some pics if I can.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7664 on: February 22, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »

Ok update on my acrylic blade situation, after finally putting a claim through paypal to return my money, I get contacted via facebook by the vendor the very next day...(after weeks of no response) Tongue  Seems they don't check their business emails?!?  Huh

But anyway they did send me a new one and I am pretty happy with it.  Lifted the claim and thanked the vendor, so happy ending, thank goodness.  By the way it was a rapier style blade, will post some pics if I can.

A business that fails to check one of its primary means of customer communication is... well, not in a good place.  Did you ask them how one is SUPPOSED to get a response sooner?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Archon - "Insight"

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: