Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280816 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7755 on: September 05, 2019, 02:40:08 PM »

Guy came up to the counter, bought a can of coffee....shook it..and opened thus spraying himself, the counter and my cashier with it.  Then acted shocked it happened.....
Seriously? Why aren't we allowed to mercilessly shame people for that level of stupidity?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7756 on: September 05, 2019, 03:08:09 PM »

Seriously? Why aren't we allowed to mercilessly shame people for that level of stupidity?

Allow me to add to it.... guy got a 32oz Fountain Drink, paid for it, then attempted to pick it up delicately by the top....  So  the lid gave way and 32oz of nice sugary sticky Coke got all over the counter...the bags, the register and some got underneath the counter where we can't get to. That's how you get ants.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #7757 on: September 05, 2019, 04:08:50 PM »

Allow me to add to it.... guy got a 32oz Fountain Drink, paid for it, then attempted to pick it up delicately by the top....  So  the lid gave way and 32oz of nice sugary sticky Coke got all over the counter...the bags, the register and some got underneath the counter where we can't get to. That's how you get ants.   

New rule: Anyone that picks up a Fountain Drink by the top has to deal with the clean up, wear the appropriate sign, and not complain for shell.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #7758 on: September 06, 2019, 05:41:52 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 32oz rather close to 1 liter? I'm always kind of shocked at the drink sizes (and food servings) you guys have in the U.S. To think that here places like McDonald's have stopped selling the large 0.7L drinks years ago because it was considered unhealthy to have that much soda....

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7759 on: September 06, 2019, 08:24:01 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 32oz rather close to 1 liter? I'm always kind of shocked at the drink sizes (and food servings) you guys have in the U.S. To think that here places like McDonald's have stopped selling the large 0.7L drinks years ago because it was considered unhealthy to have that much soda....
The McDonald's in the US have smaller drink sizes compared to other day food restaurants. But if course you cab get your own free refills of your are eating there LOL.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #7760 on: September 06, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »

The McDonald's in the US have smaller drink sizes compared to other day food restaurants. But if course you cab get your own free refills of your are eating there LOL.

Unfortunately free refills just aren't a thing here. Or at least it's only starting to appear as one local fast food chain has free refills for some drinks.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7761 on: September 06, 2019, 12:56:55 PM »

Why is every dumb frell in northern IN on the road and in my way this morning? Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7762 on: September 06, 2019, 06:13:29 PM »

32 oz is right under a liter...  but really with Ice it winds up being under 17ozs.    My store is located in a "office building" setting.  So most people get the 32oz to sip on throughout the day....believe me Southern Floridians are health nuts.  This may get into verboten forum topics but we Americans are very stubborn.  You tell us we can't have something...we want it more.  Look at what happened during Prohibition.  We know our giant Soda's are bad..but You don't have to get it unless you want to.  I mean really if you're eating McDonalds a large Soda is the least of your worries Tongue

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7763 on: September 06, 2019, 09:17:59 PM »

32 oz is right under a liter...  but really with Ice it winds up being under 17ozs.    My store is located in a "office building" setting.  So most people get the 32oz to sip on throughout the day....believe me Southern Floridians are health nuts.  This may get into verboten forum topics but we Americans are very stubborn.  You tell us we can't have something...we want it more.  Look at what happened during Prohibition.  We know our giant Soda's are bad..but You don't have to get it unless you want to.  I mean really if you're eating McDonalds a large Soda is the least of your worries Tongue

To narrow it down further, 1 liter = 33.7 fluid ounces.  And when I get a 32-oz drink, I also get it with no ice.  (Yes, I know, how horrid an American I must be!  Seriously, though, drinks here are usually served cold, even directly from the soda fountain, so I'd rather deal with the warmer temps and get more of what I'm paying for.)

Americans are not only stubborn (sometimes stupidly so), we are also rather inventive when it comes to finding ways to bypass what we see as inane restrictions or limitations (see the above reference to Prohibition, which is the time in the US when it was illegal to purchase or consume alcohol).  (I see this inventiveness more as a function of adding basic humanity to that aforementioned stubbornness, though, not as a uniquely American trait in and of itself.)  One witty example of this stubborn rejection of perceived stupidity is found in the wine brick, which was a pressed brick of grape solids, accompanied by a step-by-step listing of what NOT to do with it, because doing so would make wine, which would be illegal.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7764 on: September 09, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »

Sometimes i write tech articles for my company. My co-worker edits my articles. Wrote a new one on a really dry subject and tried to put in a little humour to make in an interesting read. He crossed out any part he thought was a "joke" as well as the entire closing statement and wrote in extremely dry, clinical replacement text. Noones wants to read a tech article that just throws jargon in your face but hes too focused on sounding smart to realize that.

This is compounded when you realize two things: 1) the subject matter of this article can be summed up with "update your computer to stay safe" and 2) The people who read our articles are our clients who dont know the difference between wifi and ethernet.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7765 on: September 10, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »

Sometimes i write tech articles for my company. My co-worker edits my articles. Wrote a new one on a really dry subject and tried to put in a little humour to make in an interesting read. He crossed out any part he thought was a "joke" as well as the entire closing statement and wrote in extremely dry, clinical replacement text. Noones wants to read a tech article that just throws jargon in your face but hes too focused on sounding smart to realize that.

This is compounded when you realize two things: 1) the subject matter of this article can be summed up with "update your computer to stay safe" and 2) The people who read our articles are our clients who dont know the difference between wifi and ethernet.
This is difficult.  I am co-writing (mostly editing) an article for my company about deepfakes, and we are facing the same sorts of issues with how much detail and tech-speak to use.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7766 on: September 11, 2019, 01:20:00 AM »

Dear professional co-worker,

when I ask you a yes or no question, please don't give me a 10-minute background on how you reached the decision.  Please just answer the question.  Or I will hate you.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7767 on: September 11, 2019, 01:32:28 AM »

Dear professional co-worker,

when I ask you a yes or no question, please don't give me a 10-minute background on how you reached the decision.  Please just answer the question.  Or I will hate you.
Now, see... I can understand where you're coming from.  If you really want to give me the background, then lead with the answer, and follow up with the background, so I can stop you when I have what I need, and ask you to send all that supporting info by email.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #7768 on: September 11, 2019, 11:33:34 AM »

Now, see... I can understand where you're coming from.  If you really want to give me the background, then lead with the answer, and follow up with the background, so I can stop you when I have what I need, and ask you to send all that supporting info by email.

That's how I usually talk. I start with the answer and follow with the reasoning so people can cut me off if they don't need it or keep listening if they find it useful  Grin

Sabers Owned

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7769 on: September 11, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »

I Usually ask if they want the long or the short version...saves time.  But its kind of like those recipie sites that make you slug through the persons life story and connection to the recipe before you even get to see the recipe.

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: