Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280620 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7800 on: October 29, 2019, 02:44:28 PM »

Need coffee
Well... yeah?  I mean, your heart is beating and your lungs are pumping air, so... of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7801 on: October 29, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »

Well... yeah?  I mean, your heart is beating and your lungs are pumping air, so... of course.

Point incoming for that

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7802 on: October 29, 2019, 03:55:24 PM »

Just had coffee. Increased BP, no effect on energy levels.

Basically im still asleep but Faster

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7803 on: October 29, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »

Sleep fast, live hard, die young... or something like that.

Point for the laugh.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7804 on: October 29, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »

Sleeply and Furious

Sleep fast, live hard, die young... or something like that.

Point for the laugh.

Point for that laugh

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #7805 on: November 01, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »

A Youtube channel is talking sh!t again about Ultrasabers. I guess some channels like to make tabloid videos, rambling on pointlessly because they don't have actual lightsabers in hand to review. It's like tabloid news - grab a headline and talk nonsense.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7806 on: November 06, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

A Youtube channel is talking sh!t again about Ultrasabers. I guess some channels like to make tabloid videos, rambling on pointlessly because they don't have actual lightsabers in hand to review. It's like tabloid news - grab a headline and talk nonsense.
#$%& 'em. We know where the party's at.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #7807 on: November 08, 2019, 10:53:39 PM »

So, after the success and reception of this year's Halloween costume, I've already started brainstorming ideas for Halloween 2020 (these things take time and demand serious thought). I've got the kernel of an idea, but in order to make it a reality one element will need a serious cash commitment. In order to ease the finances a little, I decided to sell my pumpkin silicone mask that I bought a couple years ago. I love the mask, but in all honesty, I can't see myself ever really wearing it again. So I made a listing on Ebay.

The listing ended this morning, but the few bids didn't hit my reserve price so I decided to relist it. But, I wouldn't let it go live until 7pm. Due to a busy day at work I wasn't able to check messages on ebay, so after coming home and relisting the mask I saw a couple of message from potential buyers. There was one from a guy offering me a figure just below the buy-it-now price. I replied that I had just relisted the item, but if he is still interested, let me know and I will edit the buy-it-now price to match his asking price. However, while waiting for him to reply, someone else bought it.

The guy who messaged me with a price quote is now VERY unhappy with me. He's accusing me of breaking Ebay rules and not being true to my word. He then threatens to report me to Ebay because he has it in writing that I said I would change the listing details!

My initial thoughts (once I got over the annoyance and his audacity) was "Good luck mate". Contacting sellers directly on Ebay and asking them to sell you something directly is against their policy. However, he would not be appeased. He's still insisting that I honour what was in writing.

At this point, I start to second guess myself a little and decide to contact Ebay via live chat and investigate the situation (as I know sometimes these innocuous things can come back around and bite you on the ass). Fortunately, they confirm that it doesn’t matter what was said in a direct message. The auction is the only thing that matters. Bids are legally binding, not direct messages. And in this case, someone else bought before he was able to. That's kind of how Ebay works. They also confirm that I have done nothing wrong and so can proceed with selling it to the person who bought it.

After receiving a transcript of this conversation with Ebay, I send a reply to the guy, with a copy of the transcript along with a message that he's perfectly within his rights to contact Ebay to verify what has been said, but that he should no longer contact me. I added, if he contacts me again, I will report him for harassment and have him blocked from being able to message me.

In the meantime, the bloke who bought the mask is very happy and sent through his payment immediately. I'll be posting it out tomorrow, and the next part of Halloween 2020 costume can go into the planning stage.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7808 on: November 09, 2019, 02:24:16 AM »

So, after the success and reception of this year's Halloween costume, I've already started brainstorming ideas for Halloween 2020 (these things take time and demand serious thought). I've got the kernel of an idea, but in order to make it a reality one element will need a serious cash commitment. In order to ease the finances a little, I decided to sell my pumpkin silicone mask that I bought a couple years ago. I love the mask, but in all honesty, I can't see myself ever really wearing it again. So I made a listing on Ebay.

The listing ended this morning, but the few bids didn't hit my reserve price so I decided to relist it. But, I wouldn't let it go live until 7pm. Due to a busy day at work I wasn't able to check messages on ebay, so after coming home and relisting the mask I saw a couple of message from potential buyers. There was one from a guy offering me a figure just below the buy-it-now price. I replied that I had just relisted the item, but if he is still interested, let me know and I will edit the buy-it-now price to match his asking price. However, while waiting for him to reply, someone else bought it.

The guy who messaged me with a price quote is now VERY unhappy with me. He's accusing me of breaking Ebay rules and not being true to my word. He then threatens to report me to Ebay because he has it in writing that I said I would change the listing details!

My initial thoughts (once I got over the annoyance and his audacity) was "Good luck mate". Contacting sellers directly on Ebay and asking them to sell you something directly is against their policy. However, he would not be appeased. He's still insisting that I honour what was in writing.

At this point, I start to second guess myself a little and decide to contact Ebay via live chat and investigate the situation (as I know sometimes these innocuous things can come back around and bite you on the ass). Fortunately, they confirm that it doesn’t matter what was said in a direct message. The auction is the only thing that matters. Bids are legally binding, not direct messages. And in this case, someone else bought before he was able to. That's kind of how Ebay works. They also confirm that I have done nothing wrong and so can proceed with selling it to the person who bought it.

After receiving a transcript of this conversation with Ebay, I send a reply to the guy, with a copy of the transcript along with a message that he's perfectly within his rights to contact Ebay to verify what has been said, but that he should no longer contact me. I added, if he contacts me again, I will report him for harassment and have him blocked from being able to message me.

In the meantime, the bloke who bought the mask is very happy and sent through his payment immediately. I'll be posting it out tomorrow, and the next part of Halloween 2020 costume can go into the planning stage.

Had a similar incident when I sold a video game on ebay a few years ago.  This one potential buyer messaged me multiple times asking really stupid questions.  Where I had got the game, how long had I had it, why didn't I want it, what was the plot (it was the Deadpool game)...  and he sent these one at a time.  I was nice enough to actually answer these but someone else bought the game.  He was furious.  Said he was showing interest and thus I should have "Held" the auction for him.  I dunno whats  in these peoples heads sometimes

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7809 on: November 09, 2019, 02:58:25 AM »

Had a similar incident when I sold a video game on ebay a few years ago.  This one potential buyer messaged me multiple times asking really stupid questions.  Where I had got the game, how long had I had it, why didn't I want it, what was the plot (it was the Deadpool game)...  and he sent these one at a time.  I was nice enough to actually answer these but someone else bought the game.  He was furious.  Said he was showing interest and thus I should have "Held" the auction for him.  I dunno whats  in these peoples heads sometimes

Got a friend who was selling an old phone on eBay.  Had the description about what it was compatible with, GSM only, etc..

Person bought it only to then claim they couldn't use it because it wasn't compatible with their network, which wasn't GSM.

eBay looked at the description, and said he was right, and had correctly listed the device.

Apparently eBay is still wanting to force him to honor the rebate... which means a scam in the works.  Person keeps his device, then DOESN'T return the money...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7810 on: November 09, 2019, 02:08:56 PM »

Yeah. This guy is obviously butthurt that he lost the auction. However, contacting sellers to ask them to "hold" an auction is against ebay guidelines.

One thing I've noticed, is the person who bought the mask has a UK address. But he wants it mailed to Germany. He says the UK address is just for "reference". I think he is doing it so he doesn't have to cover the full price of the postage.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7811 on: November 11, 2019, 01:54:29 PM »

I never have a bad rating in eBay and never will; however, once, I bought something from a seller who had a 9 day auction that switched it to 3 and I messaged him again and again to let him know that I nowhere near any internet and was hoping that he would bring it back to 9 days so that I can pay for it. Guy ignored me, of course and gave me a bad strike which I contacted eBay customer support for to remove that bad strike.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7812 on: November 12, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »

So, after a little bit of back and forth between the buyer, he finally realised that he had to pay to cover the additional postage charge for sending the mask to Germany. He transferred the extra amount on PayPal yesterday and I posted the mask off this morning. However, I tried to transfer the money for the postage from my paypal into my bank account. The money from the ebay purchase is being held for 21 days (f*cling stupid paypal rules) but the postage was sent directly from him into my paypal account.

However, when the money had not cleared in my bank account this morning, I contacted paypal who said it will take 3 days for the transfer to go through. Obviously, I'm bloody annoyed, as I needed that money in my account today. I cannot understand why if I'm transferring money from my own paypal into my bank about why it would take 3 days. It's not a cheque. When I do online payments anywhere else, the money is there within an 1 at the latest.

So, I wrote a very strongly worded complaint to paypal about their shocking customer service. 2 mins after sending that message, the money has now appeared in my bank account!

So, the mask has been sold, payment has gone through and all is right with the world.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7813 on: December 18, 2019, 03:03:05 PM »

The movie isnt even fully out yet and my youtube feed is already clogged with

"EARLY REVIEWS SAY RISE OF SKYWALKER IS A TRASH FIRE!!!!!!!!!"

"WHY YOU SHOULDNT WATCH ROS"

"Why Star Wars is dead..."

And I would like to just preface this next part that none of what I'm about to say applies to this forum, even those I disagree with regarding sequel quality are great here, I love y'all.

LET. PEOPLE. ENJOY. STUFF. I have never understood the lack of understanding this concept. Some of these videos dont even sound like complaining but like theyre instructing their viewers to hate these movies. Whats wrong with enjoying them? Am I committing some (General) grievous sin by having fun watching the exploits of Kylo and Rey? How is it that fandoms like Star Trek and Harry Potter can def have vocal portions of their fandoms that dislike the new stuff without hijacking their whole fandom onto their particular hate-train? I go into a Star Trek group and say "I dont know, I appreciated Discovery for its' visuals and over-arching story" and get a positive reaction, where if I dare suggest anywhere outside this forum that I personally enjoy Kylo Ren as one of my favorite SW villains, I get called a Disney shill, fake fan, or "clearly you dont know what good Star Wars content is". And this doesnt even cover the stuff like cyber-bullying actors into quitting social media cause you didnt like they character they played.

This crap is so infuriating and sometimes it makes me ashamed to be part of the Star Wars community

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7814 on: December 18, 2019, 04:49:19 PM »

The movie isnt even fully out yet and my youtube feed is already clogged with

"EARLY REVIEWS SAY RISE OF SKYWALKER IS A TRASH FIRE!!!!!!!!!"

"WHY YOU SHOULDNT WATCH ROS"

"Why Star Wars is dead..."

And I would like to just preface this next part that none of what I'm about to say applies to this forum, even those I disagree with regarding sequel quality are great here, I love y'all.
WOW! That bad huh? Tongue

LET. PEOPLE. ENJOY. STUFF. I have never understood the lack of understanding this concept. Some of these videos dont even sound like complaining but like theyre instructing their viewers to hate these movies. Whats wrong with enjoying them? Am I committing some (General) grievous sin by having fun watching the exploits of Kylo and Rey? How is it that fandoms like Star Trek and Harry Potter can def have vocal portions of their fandoms that dislike the new stuff without hijacking their whole fandom onto their particular hate-train? I go into a Star Trek group and say "I dont know, I appreciated Discovery for its' visuals and over-arching story" and get a positive reaction, where if I dare suggest anywhere outside this forum that I personally enjoy Kylo Ren as one of my favorite SW villains, I get called a Disney shill, fake fan, or "clearly you dont know what good Star Wars content is". And this doesnt even cover the stuff like cyber-bullying actors into quitting social media cause you didnt like they character they played.

This crap is so infuriating and sometimes it makes me ashamed to be part of the Star Wars community
Welcome to the age of social media. Where everybody is entitled to an opinion, and others are "entitled" to have an opinion about your opinion, and the first one to post is always right because the internet is nothing but truth.  Roll Eyes

Star Wars and Star Trek were managed differently. When Star Trek was retconned, it was a simple alternate timeline resulting from a temporal anomaly. Everything that was already loved about the original material was still canon. When Star wars was retconned, it was a bunch of jerks saying "We're throwing away 75% of what the fans have spent 40 years loving in order to tell our weak and predictably contrived bull$#!% feminazi narrative, and we're not going to pay attention to what our fans really want." It's also become a platform for social agendas instead of simply telling a story. (I can't say about Star Trek, cuz I haven't really followed a series since Voyager.) But worse still, it's a painfully transparent grab for merchandising. Ever notice that Trek never has as much kitsch on the market as Wars does?

Yes it is well documented that I am one of the fervently disgruntled, BUT I will never tell someone that they are wrong for liking something from this canon. 

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: