Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280088 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7815 on: December 18, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »

Yes it is well documented that I am one of the fervently disgruntled, BUT I will never tell someone that they are wrong for liking something from this canon. 

And THATS why ive pretty much started keeping my SW opinions limited to this site. People are pretty decent here, and y'all make for some great conversation.

WOW! That bad huh? Tongue

Funny thing is I read the early reviews (spoiler free) and they dont even say its bad. They say it overdid the action and the plot was a little messy but otherwise had excellent performances from the main cast and was still a fun watch. Ive yet to see a negative review, all Ive read recommended it as a satisfying, if flawed ending. Ill make my own conclusions when i get to see it, but all the negatives ive seen thus far are from social media reactionaries.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7816 on: December 18, 2019, 06:24:00 PM »

And THATS why ive pretty much started keeping my SW opinions limited to this site. People are pretty decent here, and y'all make for some great conversation.
Stop it. You'll make me blush.

Funny thing is I read the early reviews (spoiler free) and they dont even say its bad. They say it overdid the action and the plot was a little messy but otherwise had excellent performances from the main cast and was still a fun watch. Ive yet to see a negative review, all Ive read recommended it as a satisfying, if flawed ending. Ill make my own conclusions when i get to see it, but all the negatives ive seen thus far are from social media reactionaries.
That's code for "not great". I've actually never had issues with the actors' performances; it's the characters that I hate. I'll be sure to tear this apart next week after seeing it. Tongue

Also in regards to your social media blowing up with negativity and spoilers: if you don't follow subject matter, you won't get updates.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7817 on: December 18, 2019, 06:32:19 PM »

Stop it. You'll make me blush.
That's code for "not great". I've actually never had issues with the actors' performances; it's the characters that I hate. I'll be sure to tear this apart next week after seeing it. Tongue

Also in regards to your social media blowing up with negativity and spoilers: if you don't follow subject matter, you won't get updates.

Sadly "smart" algorithms that show you content out of your subscriptions/follow seem to think I love to see people reacting to things theyve never seen

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7818 on: December 18, 2019, 06:42:14 PM »

Sadly "smart" algorithms that show you content out of your subscriptions/follow seem to think I love to see people reacting to things theyve never seen
Same. Google keeps sending me click bait about TROS. All that buzz about tie-ins, reveals, and leaks just led me to think they are trying waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard to hype this train wreck.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7819 on: December 18, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »

Like all of us here, I'll go see TRoS regardless of the hype/buzz/critiques.  And after that, I'll be happy to discuss the movie ad nauseam  Wink

That said, I COMPLETELY agree with PS (and Logos even if he's doing the "Sith-stiff-upper-lip-I-hate-you-all" just kidding of course): our Forum members are damned decent.  I know that I can have a respectful disagreement of opinions without it devolving into personal attacks about one's parentage, upbringing, and/or legitimacy. 

Case in point: PS began a wonderful threat about "The Last Jedi" in which he presented the virtues of the film, concisely and eloquently.  Despite the fact that I generally disagree, the entire thread was an enjoyable conversation between the many Forum members who participated.  I imagine that something similar will happen for "The Rise of Skywalker."

Regardless: I hope that everyone enjoys their time spent viewing Episode IX  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7820 on: December 18, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »

Like all of us here, I'll go see TRoS regardless of the hype/buzz/critiques.  And after that, I'll be happy to discuss the movie ad nauseam  Wink

That said, I COMPLETELY agree with PS (and Logos even if he's doing the "Sith-stiff-upper-lip-I-hate-you-all" just kidding of course): our Forum members are damned decent.  I know that I can have a respectful disagreement of opinions without it devolving into personal attacks about one's parentage, upbringing, and/or legitimacy. 

Case in point: PS began a wonderful threat about "The Last Jedi" in which he presented the virtues of the film, concisely and eloquently.  Despite the fact that I generally disagree, the entire thread was an enjoyable conversation between the many Forum members who participated.  I imagine that something similar will happen for "The Rise of Skywalker."

Regardless: I hope that everyone enjoys their time spent viewing Episode IX  Smiley

Very much hope to make a similar discussion thread for TRoS!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7821 on: December 18, 2019, 07:33:35 PM »

AHEM! -_-

Sadly this is not the case for all members.

Sig by For Tyeth

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7822 on: December 18, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »

AHEM! -_-

Sadly this is not the case for all members.
Good point; there have been the odd 1-2 persons who UNFORTUNATELY cannot understand that a "respectful disagreement" does not have to include hate or persecution.

Different people have different opinions; people need to be reminded that "tolerance" need not be "acceptance" and that having different perspectives doesn't have to involve conflict.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7823 on: December 20, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »

I was just going to vent something similar to PS's... I'll just agree instead.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7824 on: December 21, 2019, 03:48:11 PM »

I think I'm usually pretty good about disagreeing with people without it turning ugly (except about Galen Marek). I generally try to make sure I include some kind of disclaimer about what I'm saying being only my opinion, not set in stone fact (except about Galen Marek). And I always start my disagreements with "I disagree" as opposed to "you're wrong" (except about Galen Marek). (Yes, I'm totally poking at one particular member's liking of GM.  Roll Eyes Hopefully they'll take it in the humorous way it's meant and not be offended. If they are offended, they can let me know, and I'll happily edit the post (or have a mod do it if it's past the editing time limit).)

Now, on to other important things. Someone else deal with this: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=42847.msg739826#msg739826 . Because I tried, then read the last few posts of this thread, realized that I probably shouldn't have said what I did, and went back and edited my post. But seriously, I cannot deal with this.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7825 on: January 02, 2020, 08:02:03 PM »

I officially have no patience for stupid people today, and thus will probably avoid the forum for at least the next 24 hours or so, otherwise I'm going to say even more things that will get me in trouble. Also going to take my medication. And eat some more nachos.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7826 on: January 02, 2020, 08:41:18 PM »

I think I'm usually pretty good about disagreeing with people without it turning ugly (except about Galen Marek). I generally try to make sure I include some kind of disclaimer about what I'm saying being only my opinion, not set in stone fact (except about Galen Marek). And I always start my disagreements with "I disagree" as opposed to "you're wrong" (except about Galen Marek). (Yes, I'm totally poking at one particular member's liking of GM.  Roll Eyes Hopefully they'll take it in the humorous way it's meant and not be offended. If they are offended, they can let me know, and I'll happily edit the post (or have a mod do it if it's past the editing time limit).)

I am SO offended. I just can't even. GAH!

Now, on to other important things. Someone else deal with this: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=42847.msg739826#msg739826 . Because I tried, then read the last few posts of this thread, realized that I probably shouldn't have said what I did, and went back and edited my post. But seriously, I cannot deal with this.

Yeah, I'm just actively avoiding such posts. It just comes off as drunk posts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #7827 on: January 02, 2020, 08:58:20 PM »

I officially have no patience for stupid people today, and thus will probably avoid the forum for at least the next 24 hours or so, otherwise I'm going to say even more things that will get me in trouble. Also going to take my medication. And eat some more nachos.
I teach middle school.  I'm used to dealing with stupid people (and I don't always mean the kids).  I enjoy stupid people (sometimes).  To me, stupid people exist to remind me how smart I really am.  Also, nachos ARE medication and are perfectly fine to OD on.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7828 on: January 04, 2020, 04:44:43 AM »

Yeah, I'm just actively avoiding such posts. It just comes off as drunk posts.

Unfortunately, there's very little we can do, as the posts, stupid as they are, do not violate any rules.  Undecided

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7829 on: January 04, 2020, 08:24:38 PM »

I agree with TJ, they don't violate any rules so just ignore them as much as you can

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: