Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269292 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7890 on: March 04, 2020, 02:05:38 PM »

A multifaceted rant:

Some background info. I work in a hospital (MT) in West Virginia, which is the unhealthiest or second unhealthiest state in the country, depending on which chart you look at and which year you look at that chart.

Rant part 1: we got an email telling us to keep our boxes of face masks out of public reach, because they're sold out everywhere and people are resorting to stealing them if they're left out. This isn't taking napkins from a McDonald's, idiots, thats ppe and you aren't even using it correctly. Now we're rationing them and they're approved for reuse in the same patient room if they aren't wet. That's very  Undecided

Rant part 2: it takes a plague for you to start caring about your health??? Maybe stop smoking, or lose weight, or stop eating garbage? Maybe think about exercise? Get your vaccines! You shouldn't need to remember to wash your hands and to not touch your face because you should be doing that anyways!

It's extremely frustrating. We have a large population of very unhealthy people who are at a high risk of dying because they're already in bad shape, and everyone is making everything worse for themselves and everyone else. Sad

My family comes from the hills of WV - believe you me, I get it fully. Can't imagine what it must be like at a hospital.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7891 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:53 PM »

I was going to vent here about a stone cold B* at work who just seems to go out of her way to insult or aggravate people because she has pull at work..............................but yesterday she took on a disabled veteran and found out how fast her supposed "pull" turned to vapor. Company of course sided with the vet and she's now looking for something else to do, someday, somewhere else.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7892 on: March 09, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »

I was going to vent here about a stone cold B* at work who just seems to go out of her way to insult or aggravate people because she has pull at work..............................but yesterday she took on a disabled veteran and found out how fast her supposed "pull" turned to vapor. Company of course sided with the vet and she's now looking for something else to do, someday, somewhere else.

I have no pity for those that pick on my fellow brother and sister in arms. Glad she's removed from that job and out of your life, chalion.  Karma wins every time

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7893 on: March 09, 2020, 01:58:21 PM »

I have no pity for those that pick on my fellow brother and sister in arms. Glad she's removed from that job and out of your life, chalion.  Karma wins every time

Karma drives a freight train and does not care who's on the tracks

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7894 on: March 09, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »

Karma drives a freight train and does not care who's on the tracks

Indeed, it has a way of coming back ten fold

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7895 on: March 09, 2020, 09:53:55 PM »

Two rants:

1) Daylight savings time is stupid.

2) With everything going around about the Coronavirus and the Tequilavirus and the Martinivirus, no one is addressing the absolute leading cause of death on this planet. 100% mortality rate, no known cure, no cure even really being worked on. Why does no one care about this horrible, horrible cause of death? I mean, yes, technically it is preventable, but once it happens, then it's just downhill and off a cliff to the end. And heck, it's already happened to all of us, so we're all more toasted than Timothy Leary at a Burning Man event.

Total non-sequitur, not even a rant, but can you imagine how high you'd get if you cremated Keith Richards and smoked him?

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #7896 on: March 09, 2020, 11:12:08 PM »

Two rants:

2) With everything going around about the Coronavirus and the Tequilavirus and the Martinivirus, no one is addressing the absolute leading cause of death on this planet. 100% mortality rate, no known cure, no cure even really being worked on. Why does no one care about this horrible, horrible cause of death? I mean, yes, technically it is preventable, but once it happens, then it's just downhill and off a cliff to the end. And heck, it's already happened to all of us, so we're all more toasted than Timothy Leary at a Burning Man event.

Total non-sequitur, not even a rant, but can you imagine how high you'd get if you cremated Keith Richards and smoked him?

I read this on my phone while sitting in my son's Ty Quan Doe class. It literally made me laugh out loud. Everyone looked at me like I'm a pychco.

Wait until St. Patrick's day when the Guinessvirus and whiskeyvirus hit!

Smoking Keith Richards?  Can't be any worse than smoking Terrance McKenna was!

Thank you for the laugh! Have a point!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7897 on: March 10, 2020, 10:57:55 AM »

Two rants:

There was a time when it made sense...but its now one of the things that was made moot by technology and many states are having discussions about not doing it...some have already stopped.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7898 on: March 10, 2020, 12:28:53 PM »

To the people who bought of all the hand soap, you do know that everyone else needs to wash their hands too to avoid spreading the Coronavirus right?

Also, you should wash your hands virus or not, I've seen people used the restroom and not wash their hands

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7899 on: March 12, 2020, 06:17:44 AM »

There should be something in the forum rules that states:

"If you don't at least try to use the forum search to find the answer to your question before posting it, you will be struck by Sith lightning 1d4+1 times at random times over the next 6 hours. This is for the first offense. Subsequent offenses will increase the number of die, number of sides of die, and number of "bonus" strikes by 1 step, i.e. 1d4+1 the first time, 2d6+2 the second time, 3d8+3 the third time, 4d10+4 the forth time, and 5d12+5 the fifth time. After the fifth offense, we start using non-Euclidian dice with an odd number of sides (yes, they do exist, look them up on Amazon). Any offenses after the tenth will result in 100d100+100 strikes condensed into a 5 minute time period. If you're still alive after that, you will be subjected to 5,617 consecutive hours of Obi-Wan lecturing on the nature of the Force and it's proper uses, with bonus material on having the high ground if time allows. Any further offenses after that, and we put you in... the comfy chair!"

And for the love of all that is Sith, wash your hands people! All the time, not just when there happens to be a random health scare!

That would be an awesome Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat battle though: Korona Virus vs. Midi Chlorians!

Also it annoys me when people randomly wander away from their original rant and post things that aren't even rants, or worse yet when a rant about something that seriously pisses you off loses momentum and just becomes silly. But I guess humor is one of the few things that makes dealing with people tolerable, so there's that.

Remember, don't follow the masses, because sometimes the "m" is silent.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7900 on: March 12, 2020, 06:49:27 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #7901 on: March 12, 2020, 09:19:58 PM »

Since when does "wash your hands" translate to "buy 120 rolls of toilet paper at Costco"?  What do people think COVID-19 is going to do to their bowels?  I haven't seen this much panic buying in my area since hurricane Harvey...and we were 150 miles inland and weren't expected to get much rain or wind (we are always on the "weak side" of any hurricanes).  As Agent K said, "People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals".   

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7902 on: March 12, 2020, 09:23:37 PM »

Since when does "wash your hands" translate to "buy 120 rolls of toilet paper at Costco"?  What do people think COVID-19 is going to do to their bowels?  I haven't seen this much panic buying in my area since hurricane Harvey...and we were 150 miles inland and weren't expected to get much rain or wind (we are always on the "weak side" of any hurricanes).  As Agent K said, "People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals".   

I did ask someone about the toilet paper thing. Response I got was they were stocking up so they didnt have to leave the house at all for like the next month. The logic is a little better but still fairly silly.

Yewz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7903 on: March 12, 2020, 09:36:44 PM »

I did ask someone about the toilet paper thing. Response I got was they were stocking up so they didnt have to leave the house at all for like the next month. The logic is a little better but still fairly silly.

The stocking up thing makes sense, but I know I don't even go through ONE of those giant packages of rolls of toilet paper in a month (between 3 people). Not even half. The fact that with only 5 or so confirmed cases in my state, being unable get toilet paper anywhere ALREADY is a bit silly.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7904 on: March 12, 2020, 10:58:23 PM »

I know. Panic is contagious, even more so than the cold or flu.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: