Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269222 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #7935 on: March 16, 2020, 07:11:46 PM »

I just got an email that all district activities have been canceled for the year.  Couple that with the state waiving all standardized testing requirements and this is setting us up for schools being closed for an extended period of time.  Teachers are to report Thursday this week (word came down late yesterday about that).  We are to stay away from everyone while there and we are to work on a plan for distance learning (tough to do in the band world when kids don't have their instruments and are not allowed on campus).  Once we are finished we are to leave and not return on Friday unless we need further assistance with the distance learning objectives. 

I feel bad for my band members.  For a lot of them, band is the reason they come to school (some even try to skip class just to come practice - not goof off; practice).  My beginners have worked hard all year long and were looking to put on their spring concert.  My 8th graders were looking forward to their last concert before high school.  My 7th graders are more ambivalent.  We'll get through this. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7936 on: March 16, 2020, 07:35:31 PM »

Luckily My wife and I were still able to get the majority of our bi weekly groceries.  Main thing was eggs....they took all the damn eggs.  On the one hand its nice to know that the whole Toilet Paper thing is worldwide....on the other hand....the toilet paper thing is world wide.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #7937 on: March 16, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »

Luckily My wife and I were still able to get the majority of our bi weekly groceries.  Main thing was eggs....they took all the damn eggs.  On the one hand its nice to know that the whole Toilet Paper thing is worldwide....on the other hand....the toilet paper thing is world wide.
Everybody poops.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #7938 on: March 16, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »

Gotta have a bidet or use wet wipes. Comfort over everything  Grin

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #7939 on: March 18, 2020, 01:05:51 AM »

School has now been shut down through April 3.  I've already got all of my "distance learning" materials ready to go.  I'm just waiting for our mayor to make the call to "shelter in place".  I like my time off as much as the next person, but ALL I WANT TO DO IS TEACH!!!  I don't like leaving things unfinished, but I have a feeling we may not be going back this year (or at least not for long enough to accomplish all I want to with my band members).  This is frustrating.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:

Wife’s:

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7940 on: March 18, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »

School's closed until the 30th for now and my gym's closed for the foreseeable future

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7941 on: March 18, 2020, 05:47:27 PM »

I'm about to batshell crazy if this bug doesn't stop frelling up my chi.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #7942 on: March 18, 2020, 05:59:21 PM »

Starting tomorrow, my Apartment office isn't taking packages. Which blows because I have an RGB saber and flat acrylic blade coming THIS week.
Hopefully the Post Office is holding packages and still open to allow pick up.

Kinda makes waiting on my US order pointless if I can't even get it whenever it's delivered.
Makes me even more upset that my January order hasn't shipped yet. I know it's not US's fault, but sucks nonetheless

-

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #7943 on: March 18, 2020, 11:10:18 PM »

I’ve got a lot of venting so here goes.

I bought something from amazon and decided to return it right after I got it. To do free returns you take it to Kohl’s. Which is a store here for those they might not know. Before I could get out to my local one to return it the Governor shut down all non essential stores. So I can’t return the item and get my money back anytime soon.

I work at a pet food and supplie distribution center. We are deemed essential. Along with all the other items that are being horded and stockpiled so is pet food. Because of this all our customers are making huge orders to restock supplies. My company has now mandated 50 hour work weeks plus 8hr weekends every two out of three. I’m glad to have a job and pay but I am exhausted getting up at 3am everyday and my kid calling me lazy when I get home because all I wanna do is nap.

Speaking of my kid he is pissing me off. I recently got into a new hobby. Hotwheels racing. I’ve bought some track and already collect hotwheels. I’m currently trying to find the fastest car in our collection. Twice now my kid has ruined two of the fastest cars I have come across. I find these oddly quick ones, after a few test runs, but not enough to get exacts down my kid grabs the cars to bring them back to help me. He’s only trying to help I get that, but twice now he has man handled the cars and bent the axles rendering them useless. Both of the fastest cars I have now come in dead last. Now I gotta hunt them down again so I can test again. And with current situation I don’t have the freedom to go out shopping for hotwheels.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7944 on: March 21, 2020, 01:24:40 AM »

Metal Mech - i'm almost in the same boat. My job supports critical infrastructure - even though it's electronics repair/refurbishment and am required to work long hours in Quality Control. Thankfully, I don't have to QC the repair work, only the cosmetics. I used to have to test the functionality of all the units but they have better testing equipment and younger people to run those these days.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7945 on: March 21, 2020, 06:35:56 PM »

I hate stupid people. I cannot even rant about them I'm so ….

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7946 on: March 21, 2020, 10:12:28 PM »

People are really insulting people for still going to work..... smh

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7947 on: March 22, 2020, 02:01:53 AM »

Honestly hoping to be able to go to work Monday, the Kansas City Metro area is talking about a 30 day lockdown https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article241400106.html?fbclid=IwAR1to2W2Vq0urF_fPdoV56BCkSORJFoXnjRNleSQTR7m41-eJ_HCfSwfoSU...  we have a 12 person office (9 Engineers and 3 Support Staff) and we all have our own offices in the building.  All we do is go to work, work, go home from work...

we design Fire Alarm and other Life Safety Systems for companies all over the country (ADT, Stanley, Securitas, etc.) and honestly, due to all the NDA's we sign, we really can't remote access our servers, and currently, we don't have the infrastructure to support it anyways, as the company would need to buy us all laptops capable of running the software we use, all the software licenses, which would be approximately $20,000 (assuming we could find everything we need and get it set up immediately) - we are a small business, this could kill the company, and that scares me more than the covid-19 bull$h*t...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #7948 on: March 22, 2020, 06:23:19 AM »

Well all of the stuff I vented about is pretty pointless to worry about really except the 60hr work weeks. I was just really having a bad day that day and I wasn’t going to take it out on the family so I vented here.

Works for me so exhausted though that the other day I thought I was getting sick but really just needed sleep.

Paycheck will be nice though. Also my wife’s job was listed as essential but for some reason they decided to close 90% of the stores and pay every one PTO for a unclear amount of time.

On a bright side Amazon sent out a message stating they know the stores are closed and that I can return the item as soon as they open again. That’s a plus.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7949 on: March 23, 2020, 06:58:48 AM »

I'm unemployed again. Not really looking for a job....because what jobs are there? People are being laid off, everything is closing or operating decreased hours, and besides groceries and health care, business is way down. Not many looking to hire right now.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: