Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269111 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8325 on: September 02, 2020, 05:48:21 PM »

Yup. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate chps? I like my chocolate like I like my force abilities.................. On the Dark,  You know what? No. I'm not doing it. Nope.
Semi-sweet.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #8326 on: September 02, 2020, 05:55:41 PM »

Semi-sweet.
Thats what's up. Why cant I find good snikerdoodles anywhere? Only my moms do the trick.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8327 on: September 03, 2020, 10:23:33 AM »

The dark side has the best cookies.

So the problem with snickerdoodle cookies is that they are a bit complex to make.
Chocolate chip cookies you can almost throw the ingredients in a bowl, stir, bake and boom cookies.
Snickerdoodles take more work. Everyone I have tried always tastes different then one made by someone different. Do what happens is you usually end up only liking the ones you grew up with.
Snickerdoodles have caused many galactic skirmishes.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8328 on: September 03, 2020, 02:25:19 PM »

The dark side has the best cookies.

<blows on fingers>

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8329 on: September 08, 2020, 11:11:34 AM »

After a long weekend I really do hate the "What did you do?" question because my answer will always be....nothing.  Which leads to such shocked and indigent reactions.  I "do" stuff all week.  I'm up before dawn, hour long commute, work 8 hours or longer (such is the life of Manager), commute now 2 hours back home due to traffic just in time to veg for an hour before I go to bed and try and sleep so I can do it all over again.  So when I don't have to...I do *gasp* nothing. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8330 on: September 08, 2020, 03:55:03 PM »

After a long weekend I really do hate the "What did you do?" question because my answer will always be....nothing.  Which leads to such shocked and indigent reactions.  I "do" stuff all week.  I'm up before dawn, hour long commute, work 8 hours or longer (such is the life of Manager), commute now 2 hours back home due to traffic just in time to veg for an hour before I go to bed and try and sleep so I can do it all over again.  So when I don't have to...I do *gasp* nothing. 

There is an important and fine line between not doing anything and actively doing nothing.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8331 on: September 08, 2020, 06:10:36 PM »

Change up the phrasing. You didn't do "nothing", you redted. Resting is something.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8332 on: December 14, 2020, 03:20:13 PM »

So we did half of a wiring job a month ago and had to wait for the flooring folk to come in and do their part. They do, we come back-

And ALL of our equipment has vanished.

Idk who's footing that bill but that someone is not going to be happy when they see it.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #8333 on: December 14, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »

Almighty almighty, coordinates 090264712.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8334 on: December 15, 2020, 01:42:37 AM »

So we did half of a wiring job a month ago and had to wait for the flooring folk to come in and do their part. They do, we come back-

Idk who's footing that bill but that someone is not going to be happy when they see it.

OUCH! A friend of mine works for a very large electrical contractor that installs systems in hospitals, colleges and large government and official buildings etc. Well he was checking the wiring for a whole level of a building with a digital multimeter and managed to blow the meter up...but not just one...he and another guy fried three of them (luckily not through their fault).

He said the scary part wasn't nearly getting electrocuted....he was worried about the cost of the meters....they were $33.000 EACH!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #8335 on: December 16, 2020, 02:15:26 AM »

I used to do contractor work, and the absolute worst was when you know people in your own company are taking your tools; it especially sucks knowing your supposed "coworkers" are stealing from you. It's so petty and pathetic, since it's not like we don't all get paid well... Had to end up marking all my tools with an engraver just to be able to call people out when I said "no, I'm SURE that's mine". Even worse I have lived in pretty bad neighborhoods before, where people brake into cars and toolboxes just to steal tools, chargers, loose change; all so they can cobble together enough to go out and score their next fix... people can be shameless and tragically flawed.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8336 on: December 16, 2020, 02:05:32 PM »

I used to do contractor work, and the absolute worst was when you know people in your own company are taking your tools; it especially sucks knowing your supposed "coworkers" are stealing from you. It's so petty and pathetic, since it's not like we don't all get paid well... Had to end up marking all my tools with an engraver just to be able to call people out when I said "no, I'm SURE that's mine". Even worse I have lived in pretty bad neighborhoods before, where people brake into cars and toolboxes just to steal tools, chargers, loose change; all so they can cobble together enough to go out and score their next fix... people can be shameless and tragically flawed.

In this case it seems our equipment was the victim of an overzealous cleaning crew that just pitched it all since it was in a grocery bag that looked enough like garbage they decided it belonged in the dumpster.

OUCH! A friend of mine works for a very large electrical contractor that installs systems in hospitals, colleges and large government and official buildings etc. Well he was checking the wiring for a whole level of a building with a digital multimeter and managed to blow the meter up...but not just one...he and another guy fried three of them (luckily not through their fault).

He said the scary part wasn't nearly getting electrocuted....he was worried about the cost of the meters....they were $33.000 EACH!

oof, thats cringeworthy. Multimeters are no joke.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8337 on: December 16, 2020, 07:09:32 PM »

In this case it seems our equipment was the victim of an overzealous cleaning crew that just pitched it all since it was in a grocery bag that looked enough like garbage they decided it belonged in the dumpster.

Wow, talk about an epic fail right there... I figured your situation was (luckily) different than my own experiences, just adding in a little bit of my own venting to hopefully make you feel a bit better knowing worse things happen in that they were malicious acts. At least a product of stupidity tends to possibly leave a better taste in the mouth after. Also likely better for recouping the losses I suppose. Either way, just commiserating with a fellow Sith. May you find swift and fulfilling resolution. (too bad you didn't think of that likelihood immediately, could have scavenged all of the "lost tools" potentially and still been valid in your allegations/claim)

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8338 on: February 04, 2021, 06:17:40 PM »

Running on two hours of sleep, zero coffee or food intake, the promise of a paycheck, and pure spite.

And not so much as a thank you. People suck.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8339 on: February 04, 2021, 09:36:15 PM »

Running on two hours of sleep, zero coffee or food intake, the promise of a paycheck, and pure spite.

And not so much as a thank you. People suck.

Sounds kind of like that military life, on so many occasions or days. But you hang in there. I know exactly what you mean from experience. Walked in those shoes, but you'll make it home to some food, rest, and hopefully pay hitting an account eventually. They can't stop time, just make it seemingly drag on. Flip the bird in your minds eye and keep on moving.

Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: