Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269199 times)
rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« on: October 19, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »

Venting a great way of releasing stress and so a few rules so we don't flame.

1. Follow forum law.

2. Do not release anyone's name. I.E buinesses,personal names...etc!

3. Vent!!!! keep it forum friendly, but vent any thing.

So wile surfing one of my meany star wars fan sites. I came upon a thread, for people having issues with a certain company... browsing through this page I find this:

"Ok I no this is kinda off topic but I am going to say this for people who come here looking for reviews of sabers.  ** is another buyer beware site. I got a saber used here and sent it to them to add some thing. They mixed up address labels and got two orders confused. When I e-mailed them about this they said there was a note in every saber they ship BS! I did not get a note in my box nor the other guy his (his phone number was on the shipping address when he sent it to them and i called him.). I had to get the other guy to e-mail them as well and both of us had to get a bit rough. Will never buy from again no matter what!!!
I have never bought from ** and both ** and these comments are turning me away from the saber community."

Shocked There were some meany hateful things I wanted to say to him, please use your imagination.  Angry

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:16:04 PM »

This is a great idea Smiley Point to you for setting this up. If I ever do need to vent, I'll definitely do it here.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »

I saw that thread.  I'm not in the Rebel Legion, so I can't post there, but the post is simply BS.  Since when do we take used sabers and do mods to them?  Sounds like that person has us confused with another company with the words "Ultra" and "Sabers" in their name.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »

I saw that thread and was annoyed too. Sounded sorta like the guy bought a used US hilt, then sent it in for sound or LED change or something, but I don't know the details. I only sort of lurk over there to pick up tips, tricks, and resources for costuming. Wealth of knowledge there! BTW Ultra, I do believe you can register on the RL forums without joining the Legion itself and just be a forum member. I used to have an account (changed my email, lost the account on accident, never bothered to fix it) and I know ThreadJack was talking about having an account there awhile back. Just sharing the info. Wink

Personally.... I have nothing to vent about currently. I'm annoyingly tired.... but tomorrow is my day off, so since it's quitin' time now... I guess it doesn't matter. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

rezeb360
Knight Major

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »

Thank god that its not true. But its those things that get to me I know Ultra sabers has an awesome product. Cool

Vent ...vent... Cheesy

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »

Venting does help relieve stress.  I often find that solutions are much more effective. 

People in general need to think more often.  There is a wealth of information out there but it does zero good if it is not used wisely. 

This is my story:  I found Ultrasabers while searching for a unique present for myself when I achieve Black Belt.  I lurked on the forum and watched videos and found a great deal of favorable reviews as well as about five unfavorable reviews.  When I began listening to what was said on those five vids and then researching, I found that these five were not being fair as they made criticisms that could not be backed or were unreasonable.  Before I made the conclusion from five vids that US was not the company for me, I did research and found the unfavorable reviews to be completely inaccurate. 

Since that time, I have purchased four already built sabers. I am very happy here and satisfied but what would have happened if I let five unfavorable reviews overshadow the 126 (at that time) that were very favorable?  Not everyone is going to be happy.  Some people have realistic expectations and some people do not. 

Of the people that I have seen complain without proper explanation or proof, when challenged, they often go into a hate filled diatribe concerning things that have nothing to do with the product, the company, or anything rational for the most part.  A rational person will never convince an irrational person they are wrong. 

If given time, the irrational turn the blaster on themselves.  I watched my greatest enemies get discovered as closet bigots when their fan club began a campaign of racial and other hatred.  Now I rarely hear those named mentioned much.  I'll see a dislike button pushed or a cryptic comment on my vids but not near the degree it once was.

As Ultrasaber customers, our best solution is to let the market and the sabers speak for themselves.  Detractors only become distractors.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 02:47:21 AM »

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ultra Sabers or Star Wars in general Cheesy It's actually about music....

If there is one thing I've prided myself on, it would be my open-mindedness and willingness to view things equally and without bias. Though unfortunately I have come to realize that this purity is just impossible to maintain with everything that life has to offer. When I think of music, I think of art, because that is what it is, art. Art is the single most subjective thing in the world, bar none. However, I just can't fathom how modern pop music can be considered art. All modern pop artists want is money. They don't care about making art, and they most certainly don't care about composing meaningful songs. No, they just write simple, contrived songs simply so that they can make cash and become popular.

For me, art is art. If it's fake, it's not art. It's as simple as that.

I love all music. I love metal, I love rock, I love baroque, I love folk, I love jazz, I love blues, I love, I love, I love.... However, if the person composing the music isn't creating it with proper intentions, than it doesn't matter what genre it is, for in my eyes, it's just garbage.

I know I'm generalizing, and I just now realized this Cheesy I'm not aiming at pop music specifically, I'm pointing the finger at anyone in any genre that makes meaningless songs for a quick buck. Yes, even the people in my beloved genre of metal. Though I also have to admit that there is only one pop artist I can think of who isn't in it for the money.

---

Thank you for letting me vent *bows and leaves*

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:50:31 AM »

I'm really getting sick of all the political posts on Facebook! (That's all I will say on that.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 02:53:31 AM »

I'm really getting sick of all the political posts on Facebook! (That's all I will say on that.)

If there was a button that would allow me to give you 100 points for that vent, I would.  Thank you for that!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »

If there was a button that would allow me to give you 100 points for that vent, I would.  Thank you for that!!!

You're welcome. lol.

To continue that vent a bit, there are places I can go if I want to see that stuff. I don't want to see it on Facebook, that's not why I'm on there!

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 03:43:21 AM »

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ultra Sabers or Star Wars in general Cheesy It's actually about music....

If there is one thing I've prided myself on, it would be my open-mindedness and willingness to view things equally and without bias. Though unfortunately I have come to realize that this purity is just impossible to maintain with everything that life has to offer. When I think of music, I think of art, because that is what it is, art. Art is the single most subjective thing in the world, bar none. However, I just can't fathom how modern pop music can be considered art. All modern pop artists want is money. They don't care about making art, and they most certainly don't care about composing meaningful songs. No, they just write simple, contrived songs simply so that they can make cash and become popular.

For me, art is art. If it's fake, it's not art. It's as simple as that.

I love all music. I love metal, I love rock, I love baroque, I love folk, I love jazz, I love blues, I love, I love, I love.... However, if the person composing the music isn't creating it with proper intentions, than it doesn't matter what genre it is, for in my eyes, it's just garbage.

I know I'm generalizing, and I just now realized this Cheesy I'm not aiming at pop music specifically, I'm pointing the finger at anyone in any genre that makes meaningless songs for a quick buck. Yes, even the people in my beloved genre of metal. Though I also have to admit that there is only one pop artist I can think of who isn't in it for the money.

---

Thank you for letting me vent *bows and leaves*

I think it might be less of "modern pop" and more of "those annoying cookie-cutter pseudo artists who can't sing, or dance, or write songs, or have any appeal other than a passing attractiveness that is overhyped and oversold until said pseudo artist has gotten old (read: become a full grown adult) and is desperately trying to regain their former lack of glory by incessantly reinventing themselves, thus proving that they, indeed, should have never been in show business to begin with."

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 04:27:15 AM »

I think it might be less of "modern pop" and more of "those annoying cookie-cutter pseudo artists who can't sing, or dance, or write songs, or have any appeal other than a passing attractiveness that is overhyped and oversold until said pseudo artist has gotten old (read: become a full grown adult) and is desperately trying to regain their former lack of glory by incessantly reinventing themselves, thus proving that they, indeed, should have never been in show business to begin with."

That works too...

Cheesy

But in all seriousness I do agree.

rezeb360
Knight Major

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

So my vent to day is people and used tickets. I am a Authorized Ticket Dealer here in FL. 
My biggest headache are the tourist who come on vacation, expecting to pay $20 to go to any one of the numerous themed parks we have here.
News flash they're not $20 and if you bothered to look online you would see that.
Then there are the scalpers. Who lie to the tourist an give them "tickets" for say $50ish dollars.
Only to not have them work when they get to the gate.
Now your out $50 dollars per person and you have the wonderful choice of paying full price at gate,so you can try and enjoy your day.
Or your second option, go with the officer and take him/her to the ticket scalper and hope he/she's there and get your money back.
Sad thing is the tourist are more willing to take the scalped tickets, then they are the legit tickets.
Then they come crying to me only to find out what they already know. Which is that I can sell them tickets but they are at full price.
 Angry Then they get mad be cause they bought them yesterday for $50 and they worked just fine.
Well that was just *KIRFIN* luck, unfortunately if you want to gamble with your families vacation time and money by all means.
But don't come crying to me still looking for that "discount." When you know dang well that there isn't one unless you go on a timeshare tour.
Angry

End of VENT. Smiley

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »

Yall, lets be careful not to let our good natured venting turn into rage posting, which of course is not allowed.  So far everything is fine; I'm just offering up a friendly reminder: don't post when you're angry.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 03:08:28 AM »

Customers suck! There's various reasons for their suckitude, and some of them aren't all that bad, but they mostly all suck.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: