Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269357 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »

I wouldn't go that far, but I would say there are far to many of them that are exceedingly annoying. Like the ones that walk in every week and say EXACTLY the same thing.... though the fact that they ARE paying customers does help one to count ten. Wink lol

I must now say people who do not do things themselves annoy me. How difficult is it to check the database for gaps yourself? Why must you ask somebody else who is busy and on a tighter schedule than you are to check for you? Is not doing your own job a simple concept? I fail to see the difficulty... Tongue

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »

Being Thankful.  By Blue.

As I stepped to a vending machine yesterday, I noticed that a candy bar was stuck.  I put my $1 in and pressed the button for that slot.  I received two candy bars for the price of one.  I was very thankful for that event but got me to thinking.  Someone somewhere put $1 in that machine and did not receive the candy they wanted. 

Nothing in life is truly free.  Someone else paid for it if you did not.  Be thankful for small things in your life.  I did not believe that I deserved a 2nd candy bar.  I was thankful that I did.  I wish that the person that paid for my 2nd candy bar was near so that I could thank them or at the very least, offer to return the favor.

I see too much entitlement thinking.  I have the ability to speak my peace on this forum because Ultra created the forum, the mods regulate it, and some people had the foresight to create an arena that allows me to do what I am doing now. 

These may not be the best examples that I could provide but I thought it was worth mentioning as this does cause me to vent sometimes.  Think about everything you do.  Your actions may not cost you anything but it could cost someone else. 

Wishing all my saber forum friends a great weekend as I work TH, FR, and SA nights.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »

Point. An excellent post, Blue. Well said. Well said. Smiley

I am not a color...

Sinya
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -30

For she will scorch the galaxies with darkness

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »

I guess my vent is more of a personal nature. I recently broke up with my boyfriend, someone who I was first bestfriends with for over a year before dating. Naturally, I thought I could trust him. We had so much in common, including our huge interest in reptiles and all things Star Wars. However, this past Friday I found out that he was seeing someone else behind my back. Needless to say, I was crushed. When I confronted him about it, he denied it for over an hour while we argued before finally admitting to it.

After a very rough weekend, I realized I was more angry about him trying to hide it than just admitting that he was interested in someone else. I know most females are more emotional about things but he knows that I am more open to reason about certain things, including relationships. Why can't people just be honest and open, rather than trying to hide and lie? All it does is hurt people. He wasn't being fair to me or to the other girl he supposedly cares for. Ugh. Not appreciating males right now. (no offense to anyone on here - you all seem wonderful)

end of venting.

O( ((( _o_(_(:{----CG Dark Monarch with Obsidian)

"Without passion, we are soulless and cold."

*Dark Side Points Welcome*

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

I guess my vent is more of a personal nature. I recently broke up with my boyfriend, someone who I was first bestfriends with for over a year before dating. Naturally, I thought I could trust him. We had so much in common, including our huge interest in reptiles and all things Star Wars. However, this past Friday I found out that he was seeing someone else behind my back. Needless to say, I was crushed. When I confronted him about it, he denied it for over an hour while we argued before finally admitting to it.

After a very rough weekend, I realized I was more angry about him trying to hide it than just admitting that he was interested in someone else. I know most females are more emotional about things but he knows that I am more open to reason about certain things, including relationships. Why can't people just be honest and open, rather than trying to hide and lie? All it does is hurt people. He wasn't being fair to me or to the other girl he supposedly cares for. Ugh. Not appreciating males right now. (no offense to anyone on here - you all seem wonderful)

end of venting.

It's not just males that do it, it's also females. It really boils down to the individual themselves, not the gender.

But anyway, I'm sorry Sad I hope you feel better soon. I will say this though: this is exactly why I never date. My ex screwed with my brain and I just had enough of it. Than again it was never a good idea to date during high school; nobody is mature enough to handle it, and education is a thousand times more important. People shouldn't date until college. Not talking about you though. I'm just ranting about past experiences Cheesy

Though it does apply to most people....

In any case, karma will hopefully pay him a visit. Just try to stay sane; it's not worth fussing over. Move on and find someone else, because there will always be someone else.

Sinya
Knight Officer

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 06:22:05 PM »

<-----Not in high school. XD But I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm focusing on the new guy in my life, my little bearded dragon. Smiley It's actually helped a lot. I just wanted to get that vent off my chest. Thanks Hobbit.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »

<-----Not in high school. XD But I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm focusing on the new guy in my life, my little bearded dragon. Smiley It's actually helped a lot. I just wanted to get that vent off my chest. Thanks Hobbit.

Yeah, that's why I said I'm not talking about you Cheesy

Glad you have a new guy in your life Smiley My dog keeps me sane. More of a brother than a pet though.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »

All I can say on all of that is:

Humanity, holding the universal record for most messed up species for several thousand years, and still trying hard. Wink

It truly is a blessing to find an exceptional human being for a friend, they're quite rare. Always have been too.

I am not a color...

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 09:12:24 PM »

end of venting.

Ugh that sucks Sinya Cry He doesn't deserve you anyway.

*hugs* I'm here for you

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Sinya
Knight Officer

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »

Thank you RogueLeader. *hugs back*

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 03:27:51 AM »

I'm sorry sir, you're not the only customer in the world. There are lots of other customers, and they all buy things too. That's how we sell out of things.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:22 AM »

My quickie vent before I fix the problem.

I'm working on a Friday (I volenteered to support the overtimers, no big deal). So I wander across the building to a snack machine, and behold, Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut granola bar.

JACKPOT rings through my head as I insert 80 cents into the machine to purchase said granola bar (yeah $.80 is too much for one, but I'll live). The vending machine dispenses it, so I mosey over to the coke machine and purchase a 20oz of bottled ambrosha, better known to other people as Dr. Pepper.

I then walk all the way back to my area across the building and sit down and realize I already have an opened Dr. Pepper, so I quickly down it so I don't look crazy with two bottles of Abrosia on my desk at once. I then open the granola bar only to find its the crap with all of the nuts and stuff put on top of yogert. I hate yogert, it doesn't taste good to me (unless its frozen yogert and I'm pretty sure I'm mispelling yogert over and over again but I'm venting, I'll get over it).

So alas, I am hungry, I am $.80 poorer, and I am about to wander across the building once more in search of sustinance.

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »

That sucks. My short vent to day is Hotel guest are the worst. Angry  They expect that even though your desk says tickets, that you have towels or toothbrushes . Roll Eyes I just take a deep breath direct them to the front desk, or nearest mini mart and laugh as they walk away. Grin

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »

All I can say on all of that is:

Humanity, holding the universal record for most messed up species for several thousand years, and still trying hard. Wink

It truly is a blessing to find an exceptional human being for a friend, they're quite rare. Always have been too.

Really? I had three. Only one of them still cares me about me though. I really let those guys down  Cry Every day I think about trying to get in touch with them again. I doubt they'd want me back.

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »

Really? I had three. Only one of them still cares me about me though. I really let those guys down  Cry Every day I think about trying to get in touch with them again. I doubt they'd want me back.
Perhaps you're underestimating them, time tends to make people for get and it does heal little by little. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: