Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1278527 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1155 on: July 28, 2015, 04:22:25 AM »

Ooh... my mistake.  Was talking about another ed_ification.  Jeez what are the odds on that.   Roll Eyes

Hope you get them soon and will look forward to the review.  I kinda had kitty litter in mind after the passing.  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1156 on: July 28, 2015, 04:42:09 PM »

I HATE that. Same goes for the people who overcompensate by driving the biggest truck they can, and park it right in front(even in the fire lane sometimes). You know, the guy that drives the Ford F-350 with duallies on the back that needs at minimum two spots just to hold it's girth. And you can tell by the fact that it's a 10 year old truck, in showroom condition, that he doesn't do any actual work with it that would necessitate such a big gas guzzler. And it usually has those stupid "truck nuts" hanging from the back(grr truck nuts! That's a rant for another day.) Or the lady who tries to squeeze her Suburban into the "Compact Car Parking Only" spot, cause heaven forbid her fat butt should have to walk an extra two parking spots to get into Wally World! Or the jerk that does such a bad parking job cause he's to oblivious to care, that you can't open your door to get out, but are forced to park there because of the holiday rush!

Gotta love 'Murica!

I'd have likely put a rock through his driver's side window.

That has got to be the single biggest reason why I HATE Country music. Any music form where singing about a truck is not uncommon just makes my stomach turn. And I have a cast iron constitution.

Point for your sympathy.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1157 on: July 29, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »

That has got to be the single biggest reason why I HATE Country music. Any music form where singing about a truck is not uncommon just makes my stomach turn. And I have a cast iron constitution.

Point for your sympathy.

I always have sympathy for people who are outraged by the same things I am. lol

That is also one of my big problems with country music. There's others; That crappy twangy tone EVERY song has(it's always the same tone), the whiny lyrics about the wife leaving with the dog truck and tractor, writing songs that go on and on about some dumb subject no one cares about, and songs about how patriotic they are. But really, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" is enough to make me want to commit suicide(figuratively). There are however a few(literally 3) good country songs.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1158 on: July 29, 2015, 05:12:02 AM »

That is also one of my big problems with country music. There's others; That crappy twangy tone EVERY song has(it's always the same tone), the whiny lyrics about the wife leaving with the dog truck and tractor, writing songs that go on and on about some dumb subject no one cares about, and songs about how patriotic they are. But really, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" is enough to make me want to commit suicide(figuratively). There are however a few(literally 3) good country songs.

I cannot even begin to express my sheer and utter loathing of country music.  It is a plague on the ears and an insult to my musical intelligence.  It can die in a fire.  After the wife leaves, the dog pees on the porch, and the truck's clutch goes out, of course. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1159 on: July 29, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »

I cannot even begin to express my sheer and utter loathing of country music.  It is a plague on the ears and an insult to my musical intelligence.  It can die in a fire.  After the wife leaves, the dog pees on the porch, and the truck's clutch goes out, of course. 

Points to you both for making me laugh. I think we could honestly start a spin-off venting thread about how much we hate country music. But I got you beat. Once, my ears were raped by the song "International Harvester". I literally felt my IQ drop while it was on. It took me years to repair the damage.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1160 on: July 29, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »

I dunno... they kinda had me with the song A Boy Named Sue.  Did that read twangy enough.  Grin

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1161 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:43 PM »

Just a note on the "Country Music" thread......I am not a "fan" of country yet, it is consider "America's Music".  Just throwing that out there.  Do you guys burn flags, too?! Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1162 on: July 29, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »

On the rare occasion I listen to country, I tend to prefer the "Old" stuff.. Waylon, Willie, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Hank Sr.. etc.. but some of the new stuff is okay.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1163 on: July 29, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »

I like a little bit of country music, a very little bit.  Most of it is junk in my opinion (talking about today's country), along with most of the rest of today's music.  Give me some good old AC/DC any day.  Or if you want to go really old school, some Chuck Berry or Dion and the Belmonts and I love me some Johnny Horton.

And I am with ed_ification.  I want my shipping notice too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:47:45 PM by Molina00 » Logged

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #1164 on: July 29, 2015, 08:42:07 PM »

I use music to help me write stories, if I want to feel the emotion of the scene I'm writing I listen to a song that helps.

But there are three types of music that make my mind go blank: country, rap and hip-hop.

Don't know why but I can't stand music that can't help me write. :T

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1165 on: July 30, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »

My Economics teacher is a moron... honestly not sure why I'm being forced to take this class, but when the teacher can't keep supply and demand straight, just makes it that much more frustrating.  I've totally tuned this whole mess out and am working on homework from another class while she drones on about NOTHING at all...

Just because she's a retired accountant, does not make a qualified economics instructor.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1166 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:58 AM »

My Economics teacher is a moron... honestly not sure why I'm being forced to take this class, but when the teacher can't keep supply and demand straight, just makes it that much more frustrating.  I've totally tuned this whole mess out and am working on homework from another class while she drones on about NOTHING at all...

Just because she's a retired accountant, does not make a qualified economics instructor.

WOW!  S&D is a pretty "basic" concept, even for the uninitiated.  Curious, what degree are you pursuing?

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1167 on: July 30, 2015, 01:02:22 AM »

I like a little bit of country music, a very little bit.  Most of it is junk in my opinion (talking about today's country), along with most of the rest of today's music.  Give me some good old AC/DC any day.  Or if you want to go really old school, some Chuck Berry or Dion and the Belmonts and I love me some Johnny Horton.

And I am with ed_ification.  I want my shipping notice too.

Nah, there's plenty of good new music, you just have to know where to look. I'm an alt-rock guy myself, but I've recently found an ear for Indy pop. Plenty of good Indy rock bands out there as well. If you want something different, check out a band called Dead Confederate, which I can only describe as what would happen if Nirvana(a personal favorite) and a 60's psychedelic band had a kid. Streaming services like Spotify are good for discovering new music as well, and you don't HAVE to pay if you don't mind hearing an add every few songs.

I use music to help me write stories, if I want to feel the emotion of the scene I'm writing I listen to a song that helps.

But there are three types of music that make my mind go blank: country, rap and hip-hop.

Don't know why but I can't stand music that can't help me write. :T

I agree most of the new stuff is garbage, but I find I actually enjoy me some Old Skool hip-hop/rap. You know, back when it actually had lyrics, and a subject.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1168 on: July 30, 2015, 01:15:54 AM »

Nah, there's plenty of good new music, you just have to know where to look. I'm an alt-rock guy myself, but I've recently found an ear for Indy pop. Plenty of good Indy rock bands out there as well. If you want something different, check out a band called Dead Confederate, which I can only describe as what would happen if Nirvana(a personal favorite) and a 60's psychedelic band had a kid. Streaming services like Spotify are good for discovering new music as well, and you don't HAVE to pay if you don't mind hearing an add every few songs.

I agree most of the new stuff is garbage, but I find I actually enjoy me some Old Skool hip-hop/rap. You know, back when it actually had lyrics, and a subject.

Rappers Delight! Wink

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1169 on: July 30, 2015, 01:40:51 AM »

WOW!  S&D is a pretty "basic" concept, even for the uninitiated.  Curious, what degree are you pursuing?

Trying to finish my drafting and design degree that I started about 18 months ago... will have it by December, but some of the GenEd classes they want you to take are just beyond stupid and have no bearing on what I need to know to apply my degree in my career field... especially at 40 years old.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: