Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280401 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2880 on: June 27, 2016, 11:47:11 PM »

would I do something like that? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Possibly. Cheesy Wink

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2881 on: June 28, 2016, 01:30:26 AM »

It's summer. I would REALLY like to sit out on the deck like I enjoy doing, but every time my dad plans to put a new coat of stain on, it rains! We can't put the furniture out until it's done. Stupid weather.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2882 on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:33 AM »

It's summer. I would REALLY like to sit out on the deck like I enjoy doing, but every time my dad plans to put a new coat of stain on, it rains! We can't put the furniture out until it's done. Stupid weather.

That's funny, whenever my dad gets a car wash it rains over here. I think our dads are precipitation psychics...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2883 on: June 28, 2016, 04:09:44 AM »

I hate sunshine! I hate horrible wholesome sunshine! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2884 on: June 28, 2016, 04:44:29 AM »

After the horrible thunderstorms that woke me up way, way too early this morning to where I couldn't go back to sleep, I am thoroughly confused by your statement.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2885 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:58 AM »

I hate sunshine! I hate horrible wholesome sunshine! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

Point for sharing my distaste of sunshine as well as referencing one of my favorite Disney Films...

After the horrible thunderstorms that woke me up way, way too early this morning to where I couldn't go back to sleep, I am thoroughly confused by your statement.

I'm confused as to why a thunderstorm would wake you up....I sleep my soundest during thunderstorms

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2886 on: June 28, 2016, 06:03:28 AM »

I would give you 10 points for this if I could.   Cheesy  A favorite childhood movie memory!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2887 on: June 28, 2016, 06:07:23 AM »

I'm confused as to why a thunderstorm would wake you up....I sleep my soundest during thunderstorms

I'm a very light sleeper and I can't sleep through loud noises at ALL.  Even noises that happen often can still wake me up.  Garbage trucks, lawn equipment, trains back when I lived near a track, storms, yeah, all of that crap will wake me up.  Last night really sucked because I first started hearing all the thunder in my dream, then I woke up, and I couldn't go back to sleep because it was another hour and a half of this crap until my alarm went off.  (I only found out how long it had been when I actually got up.)

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2888 on: June 28, 2016, 08:36:22 AM »

I'm a very light sleeper and I can't sleep through loud noises at ALL.  Even noises that happen often can still wake me up.  Garbage trucks, lawn equipment, trains back when I lived near a track, storms, yeah, all of that crap will wake me up.  Last night really sucked because I first started hearing all the thunder in my dream, then I woke up, and I couldn't go back to sleep because it was another hour and a half of this crap until my alarm went off.  (I only found out how long it had been when I actually got up.)
Welcome to my world.

I've spent countless nights staring at the ceiling. Sad

I hope you can sleep tonight DJ.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2889 on: June 28, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »

I am also a light sleeper...when I do sleep.  Every little creak, meow, patter...I awake.  But thunderstorms put me right out...louder the better.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2890 on: June 28, 2016, 12:58:48 PM »

Wow.  I have no idea how that could even be possible.

Oh...and I did sleep better than last night.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2891 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »

But thunderstorms put me right out...louder the better.

I love thunderstorms and find it easy to go to sleep during them (something about the sound of the rain is soothing and the thunder always reminds me of the scene in Poltergeist)

Wow.  I have no idea how that could even be possible.

Oh...and I did sleep better than last night.
I know you mentioned before that any little sound wakes you up. Not sure if they sell them in the states, but a friend of mine wears earplugs specifically designed for light sleepers. maybe you could get a pair of those?

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2892 on: June 28, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »

I know you mentioned before that any little sound wakes you up. Not sure if they sell them in the states, but a friend of mine wears earplugs specifically designed for light sleepers. maybe you could get a pair of those?

I am a light sleeper as well and I sleep with the earplugs Knox mentioned.  You can buy them at Walmart.  Mine are green foam and sort of  "hour glass" shaped with a prominent flare at the bottom of the plug.  I've been sleeping with earplugs most of my life, actually.

Back when I was younger, they didn't make these, but I had an uncle who worked at a plant, so he brought me the plant-approved earplugs.  Man, those things were AMAZING, even better than these, I'd say.  Plus, they had a nifty little detachable cord so you wouldn't lose them.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2893 on: June 28, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »

I am a light sleeper as well and I sleep with the earplugs Knox mentioned.  You can buy them at Walmart.  Mine are green foam and sort of  "hour glass" shaped with a prominent flare at the bottom of the plug.  I've been sleeping with earplugs most of my life, actually.

Back when I was younger, they didn't make these, but I had an uncle who worked at a plant, so he brought me the plant-approved earplugs.  Man, those things were AMAZING, even better than these, I'd say.  Plus, they had a nifty little detachable cord so you wouldn't lose them.

Not it. The only sounds that can wake me up are sounds that annoy the piss outta me when I'm awake. Smoke detector, rodents chewing on cages, dribbling b-ball, that kind of shell. I had to spend a summer in my mid-teens learning to wake up to an alarm clock so that eventually it would wake me up instead of signal my mother in to rouse me. I've been told that I sleep so hard that I might actually reach theta, which is a sleep deeper than REM. This may also explain why I don't remember dreaming very much.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2894 on: June 28, 2016, 06:15:24 PM »

When I'm wearing earplugs, you can't wake me up.  It's damn near impossible.  My problem is that I have absurdly acute hearing.  Sounds like a cool thing?  Isn't.  I hear all kinds of shell that most people don't even notice.  It's a nuisance, but it's better than the "not hearing a damn thing" alternative, I suppose.

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: