Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313038 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3360 on: August 16, 2016, 12:16:42 AM »

I'll never insult someone for wearing a costume they enjoy - Cosplay in particular is about having fun.
I think some things just call for due diligence though, if you're going to wear a big spandex suit, maybe look into it a little bit.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3361 on: August 16, 2016, 12:21:32 AM »

... if you're going to wear a big spandex suit, maybe look into it a little bit.

No one should look in my spandex suit!   Wink

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3362 on: August 16, 2016, 12:26:24 AM »

I'll never insult someone for wearing a costume they enjoy - Cosplay in particular is about having fun.
I think some things just call for due diligence though, if you're going to wear a big spandex suit, maybe look into it a little bit.

I think if you borderline expose yourself, you should expect negative attention up to and including getting kicked out of the con you attended or being told to go change.  I think that is something that you have to take responsibility for.  But like I said, I do not approve of EVER intruding on anyone's personal space under any circumstances.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3363 on: August 16, 2016, 01:34:05 AM »

As much as I LOVE watching the Olympics, NBC's coverage really sucks! Why do things like men's gymnastics get pushed to late night? They show also show almost everything on an hours behind tape delay, meaning I need to go out of my way to avoid spoilers. This is the first time they've done this that I can remember....in Sochi, marquee events like figure skating got a condensed version in prime time, but were shown live during the day(I know because I noticed it was on for hours while flipping through channels to find hockey and curling). It almost seems as though they're pushing everyone towards streaming....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3364 on: August 16, 2016, 04:22:32 AM »

As much as I LOVE watching the Olympics, NBC's coverage really sucks! Why do things like men's gymnastics get pushed to late night? They show also show almost everything on an hours behind tape delay, meaning I need to go out of my way to avoid spoilers. This is the first time they've done this that I can remember....in Sochi, marquee events like figure skating got a condensed version in prime time, but were shown live during the day(I know because I noticed it was on for hours while flipping through channels to find hockey and curling). It almost seems as though they're pushing everyone towards streaming....

And because of this, the ratings are substantially down, BUT, I do think that they expected people to stream coverage, or be in the know by the time they aired an event. The Olympics have always been delayed, hasn't ever changed. But given the changing world, it's hard for a network to air something most people already know the results of. It comes down to who do you please.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3365 on: August 16, 2016, 05:29:48 AM »

And because of this, the ratings are substantially down, BUT, I do think that they expected people to stream coverage, or be in the know by the time they aired an event. The Olympics have always been delayed, hasn't ever changed. But given the changing world, it's hard for a network to air something most people already know the results of. It comes down to who do you please.

I'm definitely going to sign up for streaming in 2018, so I can watch non condensed versions of my favorite events(mostly gymnastics. Volleyball, rugby, basketball, and soccer get the full games aired, generally, and swimming is covered ad nauseum) either live or on replay when is convenient. I'll probably do this in 2018 for winter, although that suffers less due to being smaller scale in events offered to begin with. Hockey and curling get EXTENSIVE coverage too, as does snowboarding, but I think I'll still go the streaming route.

I also have heard the announcers are way better on the streaming feed, which is good, as I've become highly disappointed in the commentary this time around. There's exceptions(Tim Dagget and Nastia Liukin), but it's often been painful to listen too(here's looking at you Al Trautwig and Piere McGuire(seriously, what does the idiot sideline reporter for hockey know about water polo, he doesn't even know hockey!))

(Sig by me!)

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3366 on: August 16, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »

I'm definitely going to sign up for streaming in 2018, so I can watch non condensed versions of my favorite events(mostly gymnastics. Volleyball, rugby, basketball, and soccer get the full games aired, generally, and swimming is covered ad nauseum) either live or on replay when is convenient. I'll probably do this in 2018 for winter, although that suffers less due to being smaller scale in events offered to begin with. Hockey and curling get EXTENSIVE coverage too, as does snowboarding, but I think I'll still go the streaming route.

I also have heard the announcers are way better on the streaming feed, which is good, as I've become highly disappointed in the commentary this time around. There's exceptions(Tim Dagget and Nastia Liukin), but it's often been painful to listen too(here's looking at you Al Trautwig and Piere McGuire(seriously, what does the idiot sideline reporter for hockey know about water polo, he doesn't even know hockey!))

I can't stand McGuire! I hate when NBC covers a Kings game cuz those clowns always gotta knock the Kings, or just love slurping all over the Blackhawks or rangers..

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3367 on: August 16, 2016, 05:15:16 PM »

I can't stand McGuire! I hate when NBC covers a Kings game cuz those clowns always gotta knock the Kings, or just love slurping all over the Blackhawks or rangers..

NBC pretty much just sucks at coverage period. They're the only ones that cover the F1 races, and I spend half the damn race watching f#&#%@* commercials. They constantly show the wrong scene for whatever the commentators are talking about. And the worst part is that they always have to be idiots and broadcast a live feed. WHOOPTY F#^#^@% DO. I'd rather see the whole race with breaks but not miss anything that happens on the track. I'm usually still asleep when these races are taking place. There might be 5/22 races in a season that actually take place during normal American waking hours. Who cares if it's live? The only time I care if it's live is if I'm sitting in the grand stands.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3368 on: August 16, 2016, 06:38:02 PM »

i am loving the BBC's coverage of the Olympics. No problems if you live in the UK. So rather than signing for up a streraming service, maybe look into moving to the Uk? Lol

On a side note - can i say i think it's awesome that a country that is smaller than the state of Texas is second on the medals table (and 16 of America's gold medals came from swimming).

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3369 on: August 17, 2016, 02:31:07 AM »

lol I didn't even know the Olympics were happening till I read this thread. Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3370 on: August 17, 2016, 04:13:12 AM »

lol I didn't even know the Olympics were happening till I read this thread. Tongue

Wuhhhhhh!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3371 on: August 17, 2016, 04:18:50 AM »

He's terrible. I hit mute when he comes on. How many times can he mention Crosby in a game the Pens aren't even playing?

i am loving the BBC's coverage of the Olympics. No problems if you live in the UK. So rather than signing for up a streraming service, maybe look into moving to the Uk? Lol

On a side note - can i say i think it's awesome that a country that is smaller than the state of Texas is second on the medals table (and 16 of America's gold medals came from swimming).

I've heard rave reviews about your coverage over there, and I must say I'm jealous.

The coverage is also far too American centric. Half the time you'd think Americans are the only ones competing! I understand this to a point, like showing American teams games first and at peak hours. But it's pretty inexcusable in an event like gymnastics or track and field, where it's obvious the footage has been edited to cut out anyone who isn't American and/or won a medal. I could understand if they cut it down to say, the top 10 gymnasts or shot put throwers or something and just tack on the feel good stories about the guy who fell off the high bar and hurt himself, only to come back and vault in the next rotation type stuff, or the thrower who's competing despite being 50 years old or something.

I understand having to condense to a point, but they've gone beyond ridiculous with it this time around. And don't even with the commercials...ugh.

Wuhhhhhh!

Seriously? Where has he been, Dagoba?

(Sig by me!)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3372 on: August 17, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »

Wow Darth Tepes,

I mean I get not really paying too much attention to the craziness that goes on this planet at times.  I don't ever watch the news, and seldom listen to the radio, but that's kind of a big thing man.  

The city of Rio has been preparing for years!

Kind of a global thing...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #3373 on: August 17, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »

Way to go, Darth Tepes!  Grin
One of the Darkest Side point I can give is done!
You do know how to focus on YOUR present - a rare feat nowadays and highly appreciated!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3374 on: August 17, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »

The Olympics hold no interest for me.  I love the history behind them to be sure but I haven't paid attention to the  Modern Olympics for almost 20 years.  Couple that with not watching TV, not reading news outside of Entertainment and Politics and the fact I work all day and have very little time to peruse the net until the weekend(wouldn't be online now if I were not waiting on a tow truck for my pos car)..and then I have yard and house work to do.  Rapine, you said Rio has been prepping for years...why would a redneck from the southern US know that?  It affects me in no way.  As Medwyn said, I focus on my world(my family, friends and work)...because that's the one I have control over...and the Olympics aren't part of that.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: