Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269162 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4080 on: January 06, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »

When I got to work this morning it was a balmy +1 degree Fahrenheit.  I think we're up to 10 now, until you factor in the windchill, then we're back to 1.

Currently sitting pretty at 76 degrees here.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4081 on: January 06, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »

Eww.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4082 on: January 06, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »

What's the temperature?
When I got to work this morning it was a balmy +1 degree Fahrenheit.  I think we're up to 10 now, until you factor in the windchill, then we're back to 1.
I think it's about the same here. Maybe 15°. Last temp I saw was 7° this morning when I got to work.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4083 on: January 06, 2017, 08:25:52 PM »

I think it's about the same here. Maybe 15°. Last temp I saw was 7° this morning when I got to work.

Guys that ain't nothin. I got like -20 here today, and it has been a fairly warm winter so far.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4084 on: January 07, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »

It is so stinking cold here that I can tell when someone has just come in because I can feel the cloud of cold air surrounding them as they walk past my desk.

Winter sucks various parts of anatomy from various species. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Yes.  It's always fun, based on where Logos and I live, to know that whatever weather he's got, I'll be getting in 1-2 days.

What's the temperature?

On a scale from 1 to Cold, it's negative Hoth cubed.

Eww.

You apparently don't understand what the proper temperature scale is.

Below 70 = Too cold
70-90 = cool but getting better
90-105 = warmish
105+ = comfortable

And humidity needs to be at least 80%.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4085 on: January 07, 2017, 08:52:40 PM »

Yes.  It's always fun, based on where Logos and I live, to know that whatever weather he's got, I'll be getting in 1-2 days.

On a scale from 1 to Cold, it's negative Hoth cubed.

Below 70 = Too cold
90-105 = warmish
105+ = comfortable

During the summer I like heat, but in the winter, it is supposed to be cold. You may have -Hoth3, but I've got like -Ilum8.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4086 on: January 07, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »

Below 70 = Too cold
90-105 = warmish
105+ = comfortable

Excuse me?!? 70 is where I start saying it's too hot.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4087 on: January 07, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »

Excuse me?!? 70 is where I start saying it's too hot.

That's about 80-90 for me. 70 is about perfect.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4088 on: January 07, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »

That's about 80-90 for me. 70 is about perfect.

Depends what I'm doing. Sitting outside, 70 is a little chilly, but something physically demanding, (basketball, road hockey, running, etc) 70's too hot.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4089 on: January 08, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »

68 degrees = perfection = paradise (for me, at least  Cool )

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4090 on: January 08, 2017, 03:25:16 AM »

Although I like the cold, it looks like I am going to have about 1 or 2 weeks of -30. (tried to get this thread back on topic here.)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #4091 on: January 08, 2017, 06:52:17 AM »

55 is the perfect temp for me, but I live in the kriffing South, so we rarely see that.  Although, right now?  It's an unheard of 19 degrees and I LOVE IT.  

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4092 on: January 08, 2017, 07:10:51 AM »

55 is the perfect temp for me, but I live in the kriffing South, so we rarely see that.  Although, right now?  It's an unheard of 19 degrees and I LOVE IT.  

Finally, someone who understands.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4093 on: January 08, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »

I spent the better part of 5 days alone at home. Family was in Mexico while I came back for work.
Thinking it was gonna be a mini vacation, similar to how life would be if I were to be single again, it was far from it.
Without using the cesspool of language I'd want to use, I'll just say that effin ppl I thought can function without assistance proved me wrong. Depending on what happens as far as me cooling down at work, I might be in the hunt for a new one. And I'm such the person to ride them to the end but failure in a job I got them, failure to communicate, failure in that the customer called the company, gave them my name, and this @#$_&&&- of a jackhole told her that no employee under my name works there. I've dealt with the president about the matter. He doesn't get back to me one day, he over prices the product from the original quote when he does, he's sketchy the rest of the time I'm trying to hammer things down, and doesn't respond when I do iron it all out with the customer.
Then, what I argued for, sat down, and smoothed over before I left was vacation/sick pay. I worked hell or high water, sick, hurt, sore, whatever it takes, cuz if I miss, spit can hit the fan hard, fast, and never ending. Since our union sucks so much a$$ that they should be sneezing spit out of their effin noses for the rest of time, we don't receive any vacation, nor a benefit. I did all I could for 11 to get us something. Before I left, I went to the Xmas party, which we in the outside are never invited to, to sit down and agree on me taking my sick days to offset the time I was going to miss. I went, despite me getting over a stomach bug I worked through, and despite a cold where I couldn't even speak. My voice was so course, but it was the example I had to show. After a 2 hour meeting, it was agreed to draw up a new contract and give us the time.
Did I get a check for my week missed, for me coming back early to help out everyone? No. No call, no communication, no "we can't do it", not even anything!!!
I'm done, effing done.. not to mention effing Verizon and the bumbling mess with them not handling a dispute, not calling back when they said they'd do, letting more time go so that another dispute over something else goes on and on, and me paying for international calling, but I can't make calls. Couldn't communicate with my family, in the dark.. just effing fed up.
I stopped taking my "happy" meds cuz this mother fahqer wants to go in unfiltered throwing effing haymakers. I'll deal with the hypersexual aspects on another day, but for now, I'm like a effing shark in blood filled water.
Later!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4094 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:59 AM »

I spent the better part of 5 days alone at home. Family was in Mexico while I came back for work.
Thinking it was gonna be a mini vacation, similar to how life would be if I were to be single again, it was far from it.
Without using the cesspool of language I'd want to use, I'll just say that effin ppl I thought can function without assistance proved me wrong. Depending on what happens as far as me cooling down at work, I might be in the hunt for a new one. And I'm such the person to ride them to the end but failure in a job I got them, failure to communicate, failure in that the customer called the company, gave them my name, and this @#$_&&&- of a jackhole told her that no employee under my name works there. I've dealt with the president about the matter. He doesn't get back to me one day, he over prices the product from the original quote when he does, he's sketchy the rest of the time I'm trying to hammer things down, and doesn't respond when I do iron it all out with the customer.
Then, what I argued for, sat down, and smoothed over before I left was vacation/sick pay. I worked hell or high water, sick, hurt, sore, whatever it takes, cuz if I miss, spit can hit the fan hard, fast, and never ending. Since our union sucks so much a$$ that they should be sneezing spit out of their effin noses for the rest of time, we don't receive any vacation, nor a benefit. I did all I could for 11 to get us something. Before I left, I went to the Xmas party, which we in the outside are never invited to, to sit down and agree on me taking my sick days to offset the time I was going to miss. I went, despite me getting over a stomach bug I worked through, and despite a cold where I couldn't even speak. My voice was so course, but it was the example I had to show. After a 2 hour meeting, it was agreed to draw up a new contract and give us the time.
Did I get a check for my week missed, for me coming back early to help out everyone? No. No call, no communication, no "we can't do it", not even anything!!!
I'm done, effing done.. not to mention effing Verizon and the bumbling mess with them not handling a dispute, not calling back when they said they'd do, letting more time go so that another dispute over something else goes on and on, and me paying for international calling, but I can't make calls. Couldn't communicate with my family, in the dark.. just effing fed up.
I stopped taking my "happy" meds cuz this mother fahqer wants to go in unfiltered throwing effing haymakers. I'll deal with the hypersexual aspects on another day, but for now, I'm like a effing shark in blood filled water.
Later!
Oh man, I'm speechless, dude. I despise lack of appreciation so much. You deserve so, so much better than this. Sorry you're not getting the respect you have earned and deserve. That sucks, to put it mildly.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: