Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280701 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5055 on: August 18, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »

You bastard.

GET ME EYE BLEACH, STAT.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5056 on: August 18, 2017, 09:58:34 PM »

Maybe you should be the yellow ranger now?  I see lots of Power Ranger cosplay groups these days!

I think it has to do with the self-image thing. Mara is out due to the.....skintight nature of her usual garb. I don't think a yellow spandex suit is much of an option. Undecided

Yeah, MAYBE one day. Maybe. My self image IS improving, quite a lot actually, so who knows.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5057 on: August 20, 2017, 12:27:28 AM »

Bloody sick of my back hurting  Angry

Just keep re-straining it and I am sick of the limitations. I haven't been able to practice with my lightsabers since the end of June. I was wanting to sign up for a Wing Chun class and can't. It's affecting my work... It's not a serious injury but it's just not getting better. Two freaking steps forward one step back.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5058 on: August 20, 2017, 12:38:40 AM »

Hi LAK.  I can sympathize with you.  Can't stand either a chronic recurring injury or weak body part dictating what I can do with my life.  I have this unstable knee.  No more kick boxing, minimal running, etc.  Worst it got was when I had to wear a knee brace and actually had to use a walker with a basket to get groceries and still have an emergency cane in the car.  Fortunately have not used either for a long time but theatre stairs can sometimes be challenging.  Have you tried Tumeric in something at bedtime.  I think it must help cus' when I stop I usually end up taking it again.

Hope your back gets better soon.  Smiley

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5059 on: August 20, 2017, 12:57:31 AM »

Hi LAK.  I can sympathize with you.  Can't stand either a chronic recurring injury or weak body part dictating what I can do with my life.  I have this bad knee.  No more kick boxing, minimal running, etc.  Worse it got was when I actually had to use a walker with a freaking basket to get groceries and still have a cane in the car.  Fortunately have not used either for a long time but theatre stairs can sometimes be challenging.  Have you tried Tumeric in something at bedtime.  I think it must help cus' when I stop I usually end up going back.

I am no stranger to crippling injury. when I was 24 my job crippled me. I got carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and golf elbow. In both arms... It was so severe I could hardly brush my hair/teeth, I had to go to physical therapy and was taught how to function without the ability to hold anything. Interesting fact, if your too weak to open a fridge just slide your hands through the handle and step back. Nothing is more humiliating that being at a restaurant and unable to eat because you can't hold the flipping fork. I still throw and drop things daily and writing and typing get to me after a while. This year I finally felt up to trying to get back into martial arts, discovered lightsabers and started pulling my bow back with the hopes of being able to shoot again. I was so excited and doing well and now this has thrown a wrench into the works.

Thank you D7, I'll have to try some.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5060 on: August 20, 2017, 11:30:41 PM »

Hi LAK.  I can sympathize with you.  Can't stand either a chronic recurring injury or weak body part dictating what I can do with my life.  I have this unstable knee.  No more kick boxing, minimal running, etc.  Worst it got was when I had to wear a knee brace and actually had to use a walker with a basket to get groceries and still have an emergency cane in the car.  Fortunately have not used either for a long time but theatre stairs can sometimes be challenging.  Have you tried Tumeric in something at bedtime.  I think it must help cus' when I stop I usually end up taking it again.

I am no stranger to crippling injury. when I was 24 my job crippled me. I got carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and golf elbow. In both arms... It was so severe I could hardly brush my hair/teeth, I had to go to physical therapy and was taught how to function without the ability to hold anything. Interesting fact, if your too weak to open a fridge just slide your hands through the handle and step back. Nothing is more humiliating that being at a restaurant and unable to eat because you can't hold the flipping fork. I still throw and drop things daily and writing and typing get to me after a while. This year I finally felt up to trying to get back into martial arts, discovered lightsabers and started pulling my bow back with the hopes of being able to shoot again. I was so excited and doing well and now this has thrown a wrench into the works.

Thank you D7, I'll have to try some.

Know your limitations and work within them. By working within your limits, with patience you can expand them. By expanding your limits, being able to do more becomes possible. The more you can do, the fewer limits you will have.

Now that we're done with cosmic philosophy 101, it's been 10 years or so since I herniated a disc in my lower back. It was pretty unpleasant since I couldn't walk, or even stand. I got lucky in that it was able to be "fixed" with some time and physical therapy, but it still lets me know in no uncertain terms if I start to over do it.

If you're trying to get back into the swing of things (yes, that was a lightsaber pun), I suggest starting with Tai Chi. It's easy to learn, easy to practice almost anywhere, at any time, excellent excercise, and very good stress reduction.

For lightsaber, my suggestion is, unless it's too physically painful to stand and hold the saber, you can practice with it. Just move slowly. Very slowly. As slowly as you can without losing any needed momentum. Remember, if you cannot do a technique correctly slowly, then you cannot do it correctly quickly either.

Other than that, all I have is the obvious advice of dont try to do too much, listen to your body, don't overdo it, etc.

May the Dark Side be with you on the road of recovery.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5061 on: August 20, 2017, 11:51:08 PM »

If you're trying to get back into the swing of things (yes, that was a lightsaber pun), I suggest starting with Tai Chi. It's easy to learn, easy to practice almost anywhere, at any time, excellent excercise, and very good stress reduction.

For lightsaber, my suggestion is, unless it's too physically painful to stand and hold the saber, you can practice with it. Just move slowly. Very slowly. As slowly as you can without losing any needed momentum. Remember, if you cannot do a technique correctly slowly, then you cannot do it correctly quickly either.

Other than that, all I have is the obvious advice of dont try to do too much, listen to your body, don't overdo it, etc.

May the Dark Side be with you on the road of recovery.

Thank you for the advice and well wishes Vivectius. Smiley

I was planning on taking a Tai Chi class this summer. The day I decided to head to the dojo I learned the Sefu who taught Kung Fu and Tai Chi passed away. I have some Kung Fu training and had taken a few classes with him as well. I held off signing up and figured I would take Wing Chun since that was still offered. Two weeks later I was in a boating accident and so much for that. I do still practice with my lightsaber but its wrist/arm work (this is physical therapy for my still gimpy arms) nothing with stances. Standing is what bothers my back most so I do a lot while seated :/

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5062 on: August 21, 2017, 03:53:36 PM »

Yeah, MAYBE one day. Maybe. My self image IS improving, quite a lot actually, so who knows.....
Always maybe. I've been wanting to do a Malgus mash-up cosplay, but there is no way in heaven, hell, or realms between that I will ever achieve his size. So I just have to think around the problem.

Didn't come through. (Not sure I want it to.)

Bloody sick of my back hurting  Angry

Just keep re-straining it and I am sick of the limitations. I haven't been able to practice with my lightsabers since the end of June. I was wanting to sign up for a Wing Chun class and can't. It's affecting my work... It's not a serious injury but it's just not getting better. Two freaking steps forward one step back.
If I were a doctor, I'd recommend complete immobilization. But I'm not. Undecided Is the pain muscle or joint pain?

I have bad knees. I started a glucosamine sulfate regimen this year. So far it has helped except in extreme circs, like big barometric pressure changes.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5063 on: August 21, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »

Didn't come through. (Not sure I want it to.)

It's just a gif of Salem the cat (from Sabrina) laughing evilly.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5064 on: August 21, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »

It's just a gif of Salem the cat (from Sabrina) laughing evilly.
Ah

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5065 on: August 21, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »

If I were a doctor, I'd recommend complete immobilization. But I'm not. Undecided Is the pain muscle or joint pain?

I have bad knees. I started a glucosamine sulfate regimen this year. So far it has helped except in extreme circs, like big barometric pressure changes.

Its muscular, I have been going to a chiropractor and a massage therapist and it helps but one trip to the grocery store (or anywhere where I have to be standing more than 30 mins) and I am flat on my back for the rest of the day and hobbling for several more. I just need to be more careful with what I do I guess.

I too understand the joy of injured knees (and hip... stupid sports) I can tell what the weather is going to be like by what body part hurts lol

I used to take Glucosamine, guess I'll have to try it again. Trying Turmeric as well.

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5066 on: August 21, 2017, 07:20:15 PM »

Its muscular, I have been going to a chiropractor and a massage therapist and it helps but one trip to the grocery store (or anywhere where I have to be standing more than 30 mins) and I am flat on my back for the rest of the day and hobbling for several more. I just need to be more careful with what I do I guess.

I too understand the joy of injured knees (and hip... stupid sports) I can tell what the weather is going to be like by what body part hurts lol

I used to take Glucosamine, guess I'll have to try it again. Trying Turmeric as well.
I didn't say injured knees, just bad. I've been told it's a "tall people" problem.

I'm not sure if glucosamine will help with muscle issues, as it is generally used for joint health. But you're welcome to try. Apparently turmeric is a wonder drug cure all.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5067 on: August 21, 2017, 09:31:06 PM »

I didn't say injured knees, just bad. I've been told it's a "tall people" problem.

I'm not sure if glucosamine will help with muscle issues, as it is generally used for joint health. But you're welcome to try. Apparently turmeric is a wonder drug cure all.

Ahh

I knew Glucosamine was good for cartilage issues but wasn't sure if it extends to ligaments as well. Don't think it does but it won't hurt me to start taking it again. I don't believe Turmeric is a wonder cure all but I do believe it has some antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties, once again it won't hurt to try taking it.

Darkside Points Please

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5068 on: August 22, 2017, 01:50:08 AM »

When you buy take out food served over the counter, you notice the person serving you has his/her finger (often the thumb) edging over the plate/food container. Yuck!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5069 on: August 22, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

Ahh

I knew Glucosamine was good for cartilage issues but wasn't sure if it extends to ligaments as well. Don't think it does but it won't hurt me to start taking it again. I don't believe Turmeric is a wonder cure all but I do believe it has some antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties, once again it won't hurt to try taking it.
I've also been told that it works wonders on cold sores. And I've just been hearing lately that it has many health benefits. Cinnamon is another spice that has health benefits that they are still discovering.

When you buy take out food served over the counter, you notice the person serving you has his/her finger (often the thumb) edging over the plate/food container. Yuck!
Meh. What doesn't kill you, makes stronger.  Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: