Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1278138 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5070 on: August 22, 2017, 11:51:21 PM »

Meh. What doesn't kill you, makes stronger.  Tongue

Yet you die eventually anyway....

"Birth, the leading cause of death!!!!"

"You're guaranteed to live long enough to die."

I must be in a mood today since my normal response to that saying is to suggest reading Johnny Got His Gun. The move version's not bad either.

Unrelated, there's a tornado warning for where I live till 9pm tonight....

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5071 on: August 23, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »

See? Your sarcasm is already getting stronger. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

You may not recognize me because of the tartan arm

« Reply #5072 on: August 23, 2017, 08:31:46 PM »

I read that the number one cause of dry skin is towels.

Anyway I came here to say COMIC SANS?!?!? I assumed my free tshirt was gonna be a giant US logo. That would have rocked, massively. COMIC SANS?!?!? The guy that created that font gets real death threats. REAL! I mean come on!

I could walk about the street with an US logo on my back and women would stop in their tracks, turn on their heels and start following me home. "If you think I'm sexy..." in ****ing comic sans? I ain't getting none for the next 10 years!

(PS They didn't send me my spinner. I'm gonna need to do something with my hands!)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5073 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »

Ha Ha  Roll Eyes  Oh just quit your whining lol. Tongue  What's this " Comic Sans " ?!  Pics or it never happened.  I didn't get the sexy t-shirt either  Cry  but then again it's obvious and that would just be overkill. Wink  You really need to get one of those spinners as it's a super thingy and the bearings on it are silent and fast.  What to do with your hands... right now use them to get over to the Mystery Boxes thread in the Gallery section and check out my posts.  Grin

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5074 on: August 23, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »

Death runs in my family.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5075 on: August 23, 2017, 09:04:21 PM »

I read that the number one cause of dry skin is towels.

Anyway I came here to say COMIC SANS?!?!? I assumed my free tshirt was gonna be a giant US logo. That would have rocked, massively. COMIC SANS?!?!? The guy that created that font gets real death threats. REAL! I mean come on!

I could walk about the street with an US logo on my back and women would stop in their tracks, turn on their heels and start following me home. "If you think I'm sexy..." in ****ing comic sans? I ain't getting none for the next 10 years!

(PS They didn't send me my spinner. I'm gonna need to do something with my hands!)
It's a font. Whoop-d-kriffing-do.

As for your empty hands....................umm new saber? Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5076 on: August 23, 2017, 09:17:07 PM »

It's not a font it's THE font. The font of death and virgins.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/comic-sans-creator-is-proud-of-font_us_58da7199e4b0f805b323d0a4

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #5077 on: August 23, 2017, 09:34:43 PM »

To be honest I can't tell. Then again, I'm a fan of any font that's readable.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5078 on: August 23, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »

So you are saying that you DID get the coveted " sexy " t-shirt and still couldn't work it lol ?!   Roll Eyes Tongue

All the US t's have that font and I like the playfulness of it and I can read the words.  Wink

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5079 on: August 23, 2017, 09:53:27 PM »

I don't know why anyone else hates it if I'm honest. I work in education, well, I say work...I pretend to be a normal human and the educational authorities have believed it so far. Anyhoo, all documents, paperwork, books even...anything...anything at all that is distributed to kids is printed in comic sans. kids of all ages. Here's my list (this is the venting thread after all.)

1. It feels like the kids are being talked down to to me. What? Young adults can't handle anything other than a comic book font? How patronising!
2. It's a comic book font. Yes, comics are a life and death issue to some. But we're talking education. We're supposed to value education. Use a font that doesn't scream "frivolous and fancy free"
3. There is no academic research whatsoever (psychological or educational) to back up that it is useful to young people including those with reading/learning issues.

When I found out that the rest of the world hated it too I jumped for joy. Hooray! It'll go away soon. Nope. Now it's become so entrenched that if a document is produced in any other font people who work in education will actually say "be a dear and switch that to comic sans would you?" No I won't. vvvvVVVVSSHHHHT. And now you are missing a hand.

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5080 on: August 23, 2017, 10:04:40 PM »

All the US t's have that font and I like the playfulness of it and I can read the words.  Wink

I'm selectively quoting here thank you very much!

I get your point D7. Fair enough. I would also add that I just like the US logo. REALLY like it. It says badass. It says star wars. it says America. It's also got a wee military feel to it. I just like it, assumed that was what would be on the T and got my hopes up too much. I was looking forward to people saying "whats that logo for" and getting a chance to talk about US and my sabers and the raffle and well, all of it.

Edit: Playful is nice. But I'm 40. Playful was a while ago. It screams 'dork'. I've put a lot of time and effort into hiding that fact. I don't need it advertised. Noone needs to talk to me about it. They can just read it and their assumptions remain.

"Look mom, there's a grown man that likes children's things"
"Look away dear"

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #5081 on: August 23, 2017, 10:20:11 PM »

"Look mom, there's a grown man that likes children's things"
"Look away dear"
Haha! Love it. I think there's a kid inside everyone. But the older you get the harder it is to show. That kid side of us comes out when happy. So, if you think you are looking/acting like a kid, it's because your happy.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5082 on: August 23, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »

I completely agree Sean. It's completely healthy. I'm also a big fan of the idea that anyone can and should be able to be anything they want. That includes a big kid. Or a star wars nut. Yes, you can even like comic sans. (lookin at you D7)

I hate the idea that society looks at adult males who are into 'kids stuff' and can think 'creep'. That's just plain wrong. But it's a reality. And given my line of work it's at the back of my mind a lot.

PS I only own one comic.
PPS See! I shouldn't feel the need to say that!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5083 on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:02 PM »

I completely agree with you both! I particularly like that statement, "if you think you are looking/acting like a kid, it's because your happy."  Bravo, man!  Points all around.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5084 on: August 24, 2017, 12:32:10 AM »

Oh both you c3p and Sean have come to the right place.  Here you will have to get in line with all the so called grown men and women who are experts at tapping into their inner nerd, dork, geek, Sith, Jedi and whatever else floats their boat.  And we all love it and their imaginative expressions !  You won't find a more supportive community and all the laughing and put downs are usually all with good intentions.

I understand what you are saying about educating via the comic book style... but times and learning modalities they are changing.  Without a calculator most younger persons can't accurately add and subtract past 20.  That why we have plastic bank cards.  I'm not yet up to cos-playing but use to love dressing up at Halloween.  What happened inbetween as I still believe in Peter Pan and never growing old.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: