Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269341 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6645 on: April 22, 2018, 12:23:17 AM »

Yay for pinhole leaks in radiator hoses that turn into gaping holes before you can get home to fix it, yay for sitting by the side of the road in a beat up old truck watching people laugh at you as they drive by, yay for the cop who wanted to search my truck and then dumped all of my tools out beside the road, yay for the "Public Liaison Officer" who told me that "He isn't required to help you pick up your tools, but it would have been nice if he had.".

Luckily I know a guy with a tow truck and he was happy to give me a tow home in exchange for a bottle of whiskey and another hand carved magic wand for his daughter. I can't wait to ditch this POS ford and pick up another IH or Stude.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6646 on: April 22, 2018, 12:48:40 AM »

I don't think I have enough alcohol to get me drunk!!!! Angry

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6647 on: April 22, 2018, 01:03:14 AM »

Frizz... it seems that you need to carry that tape for engine leaks in this truck.  Mind you it could be a struggle to get to those hoses ( like I know what I'm talking about lol ).  That sounds like a terrible ordeal.  Thank goodness for available friends... but what's this about a hand carved magic wand. ?!   Smiley
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 02:57:57 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6648 on: April 22, 2018, 01:28:44 AM »

Yay for pinhole leaks in radiator hoses that turn into gaping holes before you can get home to fix it, yay for sitting by the side of the road in a beat up old truck watching people laugh at you as they drive by, yay for the cop who wanted to search my truck and then dumped all of my tools out beside the road, yay for the "Public Liaison Officer" who told me that "He isn't required to help you pick up your tools, but it would have been nice if he had.".

Luckily I know a guy with a tow truck and he was happy to give me a tow home in exchange for a bottle of whiskey and another hand carved magic wand for his daughter. I can't wait to ditch this POS ford and pick up another IH or Stude.

...why would he want to search your vehicle for being broken down?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6649 on: April 22, 2018, 01:48:10 AM »

Have power, will abuse.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6650 on: April 22, 2018, 02:20:30 AM »

Frizz... it seems that you need to carry that tape for engine leaks in this truck.  Mind you it could be a struggle to get to those hoses ( like I know what I'm talking about lol ).  That sounds like a terrible ordeal.  Thank goodness for available friends... but what's this about a hand carved magic wand. ?!   Smiley

Its the heat that will get me, its a 302 V8 that had been running in traffic for an hour. His little girl is a potter head and every time we are hanging out and drinking I grab a stick and carve a wand with my pen-knife, I think she has a dozen or more.

Because he can ask and I can say yes or tell him to get a warrant.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 02:57:41 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6651 on: April 22, 2018, 03:08:41 AM »

Hate that your day went that way Friz, but I'm glad you had a friend to help you out.  Car problems can be frustrating.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6652 on: April 22, 2018, 04:27:49 AM »

After one cop made a mess in my car after searching it and left it all there for me to pick up, I have never consented to a search afterwards, when they ask why, I tell them the story of what an inconsiderate mess that one made, then the cops get bashful and leave me alone.  I think it has been 3 times now I have refused, it's been a long while now though, as I get older I get less and less flak from cops, I no longer hear "you fit the profile of a suspect we are looking for" bs anymore as when I was a teen and in college.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6653 on: April 22, 2018, 06:51:28 AM »

Its the heat that will get me, its a 302 V8 that had been running in traffic for an hour. His little girl is a potter head and every time we are hanging out and drinking I grab a stick and carve a wand with my pen-knife, I think she has a dozen or more.

Because he can ask and I can say yes or tell him to get a warrant.
Make them get a warrant!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6654 on: April 22, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »

Make them get a warrant!

Thats the policy from here on out. Bert (the Cop) knows the guy and says he is going to have a word with him. I don't carry anything illegal and if they are willing to get a warrant to search my vehicle I'm going to be stuck there for a while. That guy ruined it though, now they will have to get a warrant if they wanna dump out my tool boxes.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6655 on: April 22, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »

I've never had them ask to search, they usually just take a quick peek in the back seat and never say a word. I'd be interested to find out how much different a stop would be now that I'd be read as female.... it seems it's young males who more often get crap from cops, particularly of a certain race. Young, white, females are usually not considered much of a threat, unless they're perceived as having a weapon.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6656 on: April 22, 2018, 02:38:04 PM »

Interesting.   I've had a lot of clunkers in my day and been stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow or help.  Many times police have stopped and ask what the trouble was..but not once have any of them asked to check my vehicle or even made a quick look inside as TJ said.  I guess region may play a role in that as well.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6657 on: April 23, 2018, 12:44:36 PM »

Awesome. Apparently I've really butt-hurt my troll. They've been quiet for a month or so, but events of the last couple of days must have chafed someone's buns because my points have been slipping quickly again. Sad thing is, I think it's a mod.

To be clear, when you accuse one Mod, you're essentially pointing the finger at the entire Mod staff.  We don't appoint Moderators by drawing names out of a hat, each one is selected carefully based on his or her attitude and knowledge of this forum.  As such, any action taken by any staff member here is backed by the rest of us.

Additionally, let me remind everyone that the points mean absolutely nothing.  They're here for fun, and fun alone.  If they stop serving that purpose, we can certainly talk with Ultra about removing the system altogether.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6658 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:34 PM »

Thats the policy from here on out. Bert (the Cop) knows the guy and says he is going to have a word with him. I don't carry anything illegal and if they are willing to get a warrant to search my vehicle I'm going to be stuck there for a while. That guy ruined it though, now they will have to get a warrant if they wanna dump out my tool boxes.
I doubt he would have even tried to get a warrant.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6659 on: April 24, 2018, 12:52:44 AM »

I doubt he would have even tried to get a warrant.

Who knows, I didn't ask why he wanted to search my truck.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: