Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269115 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #6975 on: June 13, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »

And who is Us....

The Stone Cutters

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6976 on: June 13, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »

Duh *smacks head*    I did join the Florida Chapters facebook  ( I don't think that counts as actually joining)  but it seems as if most of the activities are still pretty far from me.
Are you the charter member?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6977 on: June 13, 2018, 06:43:19 PM »

No, I just joined a week or so ago.

Vent:  So, we had an inspection by one of our big wigs.  My team is excellent so it went well.  But, it turns out they want to makes us "leaner" in terms of personal cost by trimming hours as the team becomes more efficient.  Basically the better we are at our job....the less we get paid.   And they wonder why turn over is high

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6978 on: June 13, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »

I think Asuan was

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6979 on: June 13, 2018, 08:22:23 PM »

Is the Florida chapter active? I joined the Texas chapter but Texas is so big and there were so few members it was pretty dead. So instead ended just joining a local group that doesn't have stupid rules and is very active including charity work.

This is not a dis at JCoA as we can all see here how good it is doing in some areas.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6980 on: June 13, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »

Is the Florida chapter active? I joined the Texas chapter but Texas is so big and there were so few members it was pretty dead. So instead ended just joining a local group that doesn't have stupid rules and is very active including charity work.

This is not a dis at JCoA as we can all see here how good it is doing in some areas.
Yeah the FL chapter is small but active. The IL/IN chapter is also small and not super active, but it takes work to build the group. You have to realize the MI group has been growing for a few years plus the core members work their butts off to go to events and recruit. The majority are not active members and don't work the events.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6981 on: June 13, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »

Yeah the FL chapter is small but active. The IL/IN chapter is also small and not super active, but it takes work to build the group. You have to realize the MI group has been growing for a few years plus the core members work their butts off to go to events and recruit. The majority are not active members and don't work the events.

I totally get all of that, but pull out a map and look at Texas LOL. And it's not just the over all size but ask the major cities are several hours apart from each other. There wasn't even any communication on FB, the majority of members lived in one city and they were not even getting together. I hope one day it is working just as good as MI. But being a part of a group should mean group. I can't go to something as a group and be by myself.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6982 on: June 13, 2018, 08:55:51 PM »

I totally get all of that, but pull out a map and look at Texas LOL. And it's not just the over all size but ask the major cities are several hours apart from each other. There wasn't even any communication on FB, the majority of members lived in one city and they were not even getting together. I hope one day it is working just as good as MI. But being a part of a group should mean group. I can't go to something as a group and be by myself.
What I'm trying to get across is that if you want a group locally, you need to work for it. I realize the size of TX and that meeting with the other sub chapters isn't always feasible but once again, it takes work and dedication. The Chi group isn't much better but I still keep putting up events in the hope that some will get more involved.

Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6983 on: June 13, 2018, 09:51:11 PM »

What I'm trying to get across is that if you want a group locally, you need to work for it. I realize the size of TX and that meeting with the other sub chapters isn't always feasible but once again, it takes work and dedication. The Chi group isn't much better but I still keep putting up events in the hope that some will get more involved.
I totally get your point. But you are telling me, the last member to join the chapter that I need to make it better when the other members, including the chapter leader, are doing practically nothing.

Originally I didn't want to join it because I don't have a lot of time on my hands. I work two jobs, I have a step son with Intractable Epilepsy who needs supervision 24 hours a day, And I have two other kiddos that I can leave left out. Of course much more just like everybody else here. But I was told to join, you don't have to do much it will be fun. Once again I'm sure one day it will be great, right now here it is not. Nothing against anybody in JCoA, but if I wanted to put that much work into it I would start my own group LOL.

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #6984 on: June 13, 2018, 10:30:28 PM »

Duh *smacks head*    I did join the Florida Chapters facebook  ( I don't think that counts as actually joining)  but it seems as if most of the activities are still pretty far from me.

As the Chapter Head, far as I'm concerned it counts, XP. 

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #6985 on: June 13, 2018, 10:31:54 PM »

I think Asuan was

You would be correct, I'm the Jedi Council of Florida Chapter Head

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6986 on: June 14, 2018, 04:18:32 AM »

No, I just joined a week or so ago.

Vent:  So, we had an inspection by one of our big wigs.  My team is excellent so it went well.  But, it turns out they want to makes us "leaner" in terms of personal cost by trimming hours as the team becomes more efficient.  Basically the better we are at our job....the less we get paid.   And they wonder why turn over is high

They also probably wonder why they get such terrible employees. When you make the job that unappealing, and chase off your loyal employees who worked there for years, pretty soon the only applicants you get are those who are desperate, and often from the unappealing among society(those with a criminal record, or the chronically unemployed, chiefly), or students who don't really care as they assume they are on to bigger and better things soon.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #6987 on: June 14, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »

They also probably wonder why they get such terrible employees. When you make the job that unappealing, and chase off your loyal employees who worked there for years, pretty soon the only applicants you get are those who are desperate, and often from the unappealing among society(those with a criminal record, or the chronically unemployed, chiefly), or students who don't really care as they assume they are on to bigger and better things soon.

Eventually robots will be doing all the work and we can concentrate on the important things in life.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6988 on: June 14, 2018, 06:24:24 AM »

Eventually robots will be doing all the work and we can concentrate on the important things in life.

Such as?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #6989 on: June 14, 2018, 06:30:16 AM »

Such as?

Such as crushing your enemies, see them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: