Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269194 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7200 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:58 AM »

Exactly, everywhere has them. I've worked with a few, and it's the worst. I had an ASM at my last job that we all hated, but he was good enough at his job to at least keep the higher ups(except our GM, she hated him too) happy, and was smart enough to not say things that could get him fired, so there was little we could actually do about it.

You have a few of them at work?  I hope you don't have to deal with them on a daily basis.  There are ones that are smart enough to keep their jobs, unfortunately.  I have one here currently that after hearing some stories about him, I'm surprised that he's still around.   Does make one wonder how since everyone dislikes the guy that he still has a job.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7201 on: July 13, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »

Good news: my name was cleared and although the new GM stull doesn't like me I have my job and I'm no longer on probation.

Bad news: thanks to the incident everyone at my location gets to attend a "personal Development Workshop on Workplace Etiquette and Harrassment".

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7202 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »

You have a few of them at work?  I hope you don't have to deal with them on a daily basis.  There are ones that are smart enough to keep their jobs, unfortunately.  I have one here currently that after hearing some stories about him, I'm surprised that he's still around.   Does make one wonder how since everyone dislikes the guy that he still has a job.

I don't have a job right now, but I didn't work with them all at once, thankfully. I've worked with one or two that we all wondered how they still worked there...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7203 on: July 13, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »

I'm looking for a new place to live, which has been difficult enough and will be a downgrade in rooms and space as a trade off for being in a better town. Aside from how ridiculously hard it has been trying to find a place, it's looking like I will have to give up my cat. I got him when he was a kitten almost 5 years ago. He's like my kid. I'm really depressed and feel like I'm abandoning him. This sucks. Cry

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7204 on: July 14, 2018, 05:53:13 AM »

Good news: my name was cleared and although the new GM stull doesn't like me I have my job and I'm no longer on probation.

Bad news: thanks to the incident everyone at my location gets to attend a "personal Development Workshop on Workplace Etiquette and Harrassment".

Glad it all worked out for you, Frizzenflyer. 

I don't have a job right now, but I didn't work with them all at once, thankfully. I've worked with one or two that we all wondered how they still worked there...

I’ve often wondered how some people keep their jobs when they suck and don’t appear to do anything as well. At least you don’t have to deal with them and keep trying, you’ll find a job yet.

I'm looking for a new place to live, which has been difficult enough and will be a downgrade in rooms and space as a trade off for being in a better town. Aside from how ridiculously hard it has been trying to find a place, it's looking like I will have to give up my cat. I got him when he was a kitten almost 5 years ago. He's like my kid. I'm really depressed and feel like I'm abandoning him. This sucks. Cry

You can’t find any friends who can keep him for a bit or maybe parents who can keep him until you get situated?  I hate to see that happening

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7205 on: July 15, 2018, 07:25:13 AM »

Man that really fits suck Sad I hope it works out where you get to keep him, if not that you find a nice home for him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7206 on: July 16, 2018, 04:07:10 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear this! One of the main reasons shelters have been filling up is that Landlords have increasingly turned to "No Pet Policies" for various reasons. People are having to choose between giving up pets, and having a place to live. It's super sad.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7207 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:43 AM »

Thanks for your support everyone. I'm just hanging out cuddling and playing with him as much as I can for now. I've always had cats, but he's the first one I've had to make an indoor only cat from the beginning and he has really only been around me and occasionally my mother (who can't take him) so I'm really worried about how he would do with other people if it comes down to that. I wish I was in a position to hold out for a place where he would be able to go with me. If it comes down to it, I will break the rules and keep him anyway. I did it before with my last cat. He had had a full life and didn't need to go outside for the last two years of his 16 year life. If I have to give him up though, that's it, no more pets. I can't take the heartache ever again.   

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7208 on: July 16, 2018, 06:29:45 PM »

I understand where you're coming from, Silenoz.  Just know that although the situation isn't ideal, your cat knows that he's loved and it's painful to not have him by your side when you move expecially since you've become close to him.  I had two dogs that died when I was overseas 8 years ago and I told myself the same thing but adopted a dog a few years back and regret not getting another sooner.  I know, it took years for me to want to adopt again after my dogs died early on and I wasn't there to say goodbye.  Animals don't live a long time but the time they live with you is a lifetime that they won't forget.  Pushing positive energy your way, if you want to talk, I'm always here.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7209 on: July 20, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »

Wanted to ride my bike today but with temps at 107 today, I'll try early in the AM before the sun comes out

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7210 on: July 20, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »

Missed two days of work with a sinus infection.   Sad

Finally went to the doctor and got medicine for it, already feeling better, still probably going to have to cancel the cookout plans I had with my parents this weekend as I don't want to get them sick.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7211 on: July 21, 2018, 01:47:06 AM »

Missed two days of work with a sinus infection.   Sad

Finally went to the doctor and got medicine for it, already feeling better, still probably going to have to cancel the cookout plans I had with my parents this weekend as I don't want to get them sick.
Good news is if it is just a sinus infection you can't get them sick. Blame it on the African dust we have been getting hit with the last couple weeks. That has a lot of people messed up around here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7212 on: July 21, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »

This is kind of an un venting, since I posted here about my difficulty finding a place to live, especially one that would let me keep my cat. Since then my motel room got broken into, nothing was taken since I beat the two guys into submission with a metal pipe.
I just looked at a great place that is 110 years old but in amazing shape, and in a good neighborhood down the street from a park (saber practice area) Entire downstairs porch to myself with a yard and an upstairs balcony. Best of all, I GET TO KEEP MY CAT!!! The owner said he liked my vibe and wants to square everything by 10:00 am tomorrow morning. All I need is my family to help with the deposit (which the owner is being super flexible about). Fingers crossed. Thank you all again for your kind words and helping me stay sane. SABER FORUM FAMILY!!!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7213 on: July 21, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »

And I got it! Sorry, I know this isn't really venting as much as all out celebrating so, here's a vent:

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #7214 on: July 21, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »

And I got it! Sorry, I know this isn't really venting as much as all out celebrating so, here's a vent:

You get a darkside point for that, lol

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: