Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1279332 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7590 on: November 27, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »

I could not agree more, tx.

I agree. Let’s get tacos!

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #7591 on: December 01, 2018, 07:40:43 PM »

USPS... I think that is all I really need to say.  I should have paid for FedEx... at least I'd have my package.   Undecided

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7592 on: December 03, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »

USPS... I think that is all I really need to say.  I should have paid for FedEx... at least I'd have my package.   Undecided

That is rough. Hope it gets to you soon.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7593 on: December 04, 2018, 01:35:44 AM »

Found out I am allergic to raw peanuts, unfortunately through trial and error.  Tongue

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7594 on: December 04, 2018, 01:41:33 AM »

Found out I am allergic to raw peanuts, unfortunately through trial and error.  Tongue

Ew, sorry to hear Edon.  I'm allergic to most tree pollen, most grass found here in Texas (there are 4 or 5), Cats, and dust mites.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7595 on: December 04, 2018, 02:31:26 AM »

Hope it didn't trigger anaphylactic shock.

Had a similar issue occur when my lactose intolerance came up.  That was a miserable week.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7596 on: December 04, 2018, 02:37:19 AM »

Hope it didn't trigger anaphylactic shock.

Had a similar issue occur when my lactose intolerance came up.  That was a miserable week.

My wife's allergic to bees and have a prescription for a low cost epinephrine injection that's much better than the Epi-Pen. 

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7597 on: December 03, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »

My throat got sore and really inflammated, gums got swollen, trouble breathing, and itchy on the palms of my hands, took a bunch of antihistamine pills which put me to sleep most of the day but at least it was a Sunday and it got me out of housework with the wife.  It took a good 12 hours for the reaction to subside but eventually it did.  The worst was how painful it was to swallow and the trouble breathing which actually made my voice change as it was really hard to speak.  I eat peanuts all the time but I guess I can't eat raw ones, same with apples, I eat applesauce every day but I can't eat a raw apple without getting allergic too.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #7598 on: December 03, 2018, 11:15:09 PM »

Bummer. Hope you're not too miserable.

I'm fortunate to only have hay fever and most of the times it only affects my nose. The eyes suffer only if I'm in very close to fields being harvested or when the pollens are really high.
But my girlfriend isn't that lucky. She's lactose intolerant and strongly allergic to gluten and penicillin. Since the beginning of our relation I've been learning a lot about what see can or can't eat. Even yesterday she found out right before eating it that the soy seeds she'd bought recently had gluten added into it. It was a close one. Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7599 on: December 04, 2018, 05:29:20 AM »

Bummer. Hope you're not too miserable.

I'm fortunate to only have hay fever and most of the times it only affects my nose. The eyes suffer only if I'm in very close to fields being harvested or when the pollens are really high.
But my girlfriend isn't that lucky. She's lactose intolerant and strongly allergic to gluten and penicillin. Since the beginning of our relation I've been learning a lot about what see can or can't eat. Even yesterday she found out right before eating it that the soy seeds she'd bought recently had gluten added into it. It was a close one. Wink

Ew, I know all about being allergic to things, Crue.  My wife says that when the wind changes, I break out which is true now.  I had a skin test done this past summer and I'm allergic to all tree and weed pollen that grows in my region.  The doctor said that my wife isn't wrong even though she was joking, when the wind shifts, it brings in different pollen... Lol.  It's not as serious as your girlfrined being lactose intolerant and having an allergic reaction to gluten and penicillin though.  My wife's allergic to bee stings so she has an epinephrine cartridge that she carries around.  Does you girlfriend have something like that?

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #7600 on: December 04, 2018, 06:07:54 AM »

Ew, I know all about being allergic to things, Crue.  My wife says that when the wind changes, I break out which is true now.  I had a skin test done this past summer and I'm allergic to all tree and weed pollen that grows in my region.  The doctor said that my wife isn't wrong even though she was joking, when the wind shifts, it brings in different pollen... Lol.  It's not as serious as your girlfrined being lactose intolerant and having an allergic reaction to gluten and penicillin though.  My wife's allergic to bee stings so she has an epinephrine cartridge that she carries around.  Does you girlfriend have something like that?

No she doesn't. The lactose intolerance can be countered rather well by lactase tablets but she still avoids eating too much deary foods. Penicillin would probably trigger a shock but she just doesn't use it at all (and you don't often take penicillin without being aware of it).
As for the gluten it's a lot more subtle than that. It's silent until it suddenly gets serious. There was a time when she didn't believe it affected her much...until it got her to the ER. It took weeks until she was able to walk again. It doesn't actually trigger a shock. It destroys cells in her gut that filter what goes in the bloodstream of not which means all the toxins go in until the body can't function anymore.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7601 on: December 04, 2018, 06:31:22 AM »

No she doesn't. The lactose intolerance can be countered rather well by lactase tablets but she still avoids eating too much deary foods. Penicillin would probably trigger a shock but she just doesn't use it at all (and you don't often take penicillin without being aware of it).
As for the gluten it's a lot more subtle than that. It's silent until it suddenly gets serious. There was a time when she didn't believe it affected her much...until it got her to the ER. It took weeks until she was able to walk again. It doesn't actually trigger a shock. It destroys cells in her gut that filter what goes in the bloodstream of not which means all the toxins go in until the body can't function anymore.

Geez, poor thing.  Sorry she's gone through experiences like that with gluten... Does she avoid eating out a lot or just makes sure that what she eats is gluten free before ordering?

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #7602 on: December 04, 2018, 07:33:14 AM »

Geez, poor thing.  Sorry she's gone through experiences like that with gluten... Does she avoid eating out a lot or just makes sure that what she eats is gluten free before ordering?

We manage to eat out together thanks to how many restaurants have become more mindfull of vegans, gluten/lactose-intolerants, etc. I know a few places in town that have these kinds of meals of make it known that they can adapt a dish (using lactose-free milk or providing gluten-free bread and such).
Fortunately we both love sushi so it's a regular option (though since she's a vegetarian she'll have less options than me).
Wherever we go, we still have to make absolutely sure about the content of the food and that the waiter understands the required adjustments.

Before, we were living in the same building so it was easy for her to go grab something at her place if she was hungry. She recently moved so now I'm in the process of making a little stock of suitable snacks for her at my place.

Sabers Owned

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7603 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:37 AM »

We manage to eat out together thanks to how many restaurants have become more mindfull of vegans, gluten/lactose-intolerants, etc. I know a few places in town that have these kinds of meals of make it known that they can adapt a dish (using lactose-free milk or providing gluten-free bread and such).
Fortunately we both love sushi so it's a regular option (though since she's a vegetarian she'll have less options than me).
Wherever we go, we still have to make absolutely sure about the content of the food and that the waiter understands the required adjustments.

Before, we were living in the same building so it was easy for her to go grab something at her place if she was hungry. She recently moved so now I'm in the process of making a little stock of suitable snacks for her at my place.

A bit of an adjustment isn't too bad and it looks like you're already done so.  You're a good guy, gave you a point in another thread for that. 

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #7604 on: December 04, 2018, 08:14:18 AM »

A bit of an adjustment isn't too bad and it looks like you're already done so.  You're a good guy, gave you a point in another thread for that. 

Thanks  Cheesy

Sabers Owned

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: