Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1278531 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7605 on: December 04, 2018, 08:27:10 AM »

Thanks  Cheesy

You're welcome.  Wink

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7606 on: December 08, 2018, 10:40:38 PM »

I feel like FedExx is going to very shortly say they tried to deliver but no one was home, while I'm sitting here looking out the front window.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7607 on: December 08, 2018, 10:58:22 PM »

I feel like FedExx is going to very shortly say they tried to deliver but no one was home, while I'm sitting here looking out the front window.

It happens to pretty much all of us, unfortunately

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7608 on: December 08, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

It happens to pretty much all of us, unfortunately
This will be the second time FedEx has done this to me on a Saturday, they did this with my Spectre.

Saber Collection:

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7609 on: December 09, 2018, 01:07:48 AM »

While the tracker says delayed due to weather, I think this is really a case of an employee who needs to be fired. It was marked for delivery over 12 hours ago, and it took all day for them to make this "weather delay." I know others on here have good stories for FedEx but that is some serious bullcrap, I've already filed a complaint on the FedEx website. As now I have to wait until Tuesday to get my prize saber.

Saber Collection:

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7610 on: December 09, 2018, 06:34:36 AM »

Customers!!!!!

People are insane this time of year.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7611 on: December 09, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »

Temp has been in the 30s to 40s and it's been raining nonstop which is unusual for Texas.  No saber spinning outside but I'll at least have some in door spins coming soon

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7612 on: December 15, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

When you send multiple reminder emails to students parents to print copies of their music for the pianist (students who haven't had their music printed for even themselves the entire term) so they print copies of the music and then won't let the pianist keep it because "It's their only copy." So here I am in the middle of the night, marking cuts, scanning music, and sending it to the pianist so that they can learn it for the recital Sunday. Same freaking student whose balls dropped in the last two weeks so I had to transpose literally everything because he went from being a soprano to a baritenor. Same kid has the same piece for 2 months and continues to make the same mistakes as in the first week, yet claims to want to be on Broadway. I don't want to be that mean teacher who crushes a students hopes and dreams, but if he doesn't straighten up, he won't stand a chance in this business, because he will be eaten alive. Auditioning for schools? I hate to break it to him, but at his current level, he's just not good enough to get into the #1 choice school. Maybe if he actually practiced or took responsibility for preparing his materials he'd have a chance, but ya know...

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7613 on: December 15, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »

Bloody UPS. Ordered a jacket from a place down in the sates, they sent it to my old address instead of my new one, I asked them to correct it they say they can't so I log into my ups account where I am supposed to be able to change delivery addresses for my incoming packages etc but that doesn't work so I email them and they say I have to call so I call and one guy says he can do it for $88 (only payed $16 for shipping) so we get a different guy on the line and he says they can't do it because it hasn't crossed the border yet. Meanwhile tracking says it left texas came to Canada went back to texas went to ohio and then came back to Canada again. This is why I hate couriers it is always an expensive run around with them and it still takes longer than the post office, and we are having rolling postal strikes up here and it is still faster. 

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7614 on: December 15, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »

When you send multiple reminder emails to students parents to print copies of their music for the pianist (students who haven't had their music printed for even themselves the entire term) so they print copies of the music and then won't let the pianist keep it because "It's their only copy." So here I am in the middle of the night, marking cuts, scanning music, and sending it to the pianist so that they can learn it for the recital Sunday. Same freaking student whose balls dropped in the last two weeks so I had to transpose literally everything because he went from being a soprano to a baritenor. Same kid has the same piece for 2 months and continues to make the same mistakes as in the first week, yet claims to want to be on Broadway. I don't want to be that mean teacher who crushes a students hopes and dreams, but if he doesn't straighten up, he won't stand a chance in this business, because he will be eaten alive. Auditioning for schools? I hate to break it to him, but at his current level, he's just not good enough to get into the #1 choice school. Maybe if he actually practiced or took responsibility for preparing his materials he'd have a chance, but ya know...

Taking responsibility is part of growing up so if he doesn’t shape up now, he’s going to be shipped out if he continues this route. I don’t teach music but that’s the general consensus towards anything we do it in life. You have to work on things like you want it more than the next person, otherwise, you’ll never be picked for something great nor move into something great.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7615 on: December 15, 2018, 05:34:41 PM »

One of my favorite teachers from HS was our Honors Latin Teacher.  This was an AP style course, meant to prep for AP testing (which WILL reduce your brain to tapioca consistency, no matter HOW much of the material you know/think you know).

Our class had written essays regarding Catullus (Roman poet).  He came back in a few days later, tossed them nonchalantly on a desk, and said "These are all s***.  This is lazy writing, and I know for a fact you're all capable of better than this, so you're writing them again."

Aside from the shock of the moment ("Teacher said a SWEAR!"), it was eye-opening for me, because I realized he was treating us like ADULTS.  To a high school student who is on the cusp of adulthood, being treated in a mature fashion is a mark of respect, and for me that was a quintessential wake-up moment for me (and shapes how I treat younger people to this day).

Your story reminds me of my teacher.  It sounds like it might be time to be real with him.  I don't think you'd vent if the student didn't have the potential to achieve.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7616 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »

Its a tricky situation when it comes to educating children.  When do you encourage them and when should you slap them with reality.  It really does seem too often children are told the opposite of what they need. Passion and talent aren't always connected, meaning a passion for something doesn't mean you'll be good at it.  I can tell you from experience one of the most confusing and terrifying feelings is being told you didn't try hard enough when you know you did.  Really does make you say F*** It.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7617 on: December 17, 2018, 06:45:47 AM »

Stepped up his game for the recital today (the student in question) but he still needs to aim for consistency. You don't get hired if you can't bring it every time.... I'm not convinced the pianist wasn't sight reading the pieces. but that's a different rant entirely.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7618 on: December 17, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »

Stepped up his game for the recital today (the student in question) but he still needs to aim for consistency. You don't get hired if you can't bring it every time.... I'm not convinced the pianist wasn't sight reading the pieces. but that's a different rant entirely.

Well, that's a good step in the right direction, he just needs to own up and take responsibility each time.  Mold him little by little

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7619 on: December 20, 2018, 02:50:23 AM »

Feeling a cold coming on right before the holiday weekend, ugh.  Angry

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: