Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306714 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7665 on: February 22, 2019, 02:35:54 PM »

Ok update on my acrylic blade situation, after finally putting a claim through paypal to return my money, I get contacted via facebook by the vendor the very next day...(after weeks of no response) Tongue  Seems they don't check their business emails?!?  Huh

But anyway they did send me a new one and I am pretty happy with it.  Lifted the claim and thanked the vendor, so happy ending, thank goodness.  By the way it was a rapier style blade, will post some pics if I can.

Umm...  How do they do business... if they don't check their business email?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7666 on: February 22, 2019, 08:07:52 AM »

Not really venting but I'm just glad it's Friday.  Have to drive up to OKC tonight for a network change over but I look forward to it.

you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« Reply #7667 on: February 22, 2019, 03:38:58 PM »

Not really venting but I'm just glad it's Friday.  Have to drive up to OKC tonight for a network change over but I look forward to it.

While you patiently wait for Ultra response, I suggest you go over to your local hardware store and invest in a comfortable pair of gloves. Following that you can get a good pair of wrist straps for material arts/weight lifting kind of place. TGIF!!

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7668 on: February 22, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »

Thank you!

I do however think making it harder to become licensed, for those who are not currently licensed, and implement such a policy for any new license issued after a certain date, is a wonderful idea. The problem we have is, that DMV hand driver's licenses out like candy, and many of those people simply shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car, much less driving one. Also be more willing to take licenses away for violations. If you are caught driving while inebriated, accrue more than one violation within a years time, or are in an "at fault" accident, your license is revoked. Period.

This will change driving habits, while also allow society time to adapt to a world where an ever increasing percentage of the populace are not licensed drivers.

The thing is, you'd have to change/clarify the definitionand conditions of "at-fault" for accidents. For instance, if you are in an accident due to a mechanical failure of your vehicle, then you are still "at fault" even if the malfunction is outside your reasonable control. So you lose your license because of a manufacturer's defect. Also, unless you mandate dash cams on all vehicles, then it would be exceedingly easy to destroy someone's livelihood by brake checking them and causing them to rearend the other. As we all know, unless there is proof to the contrary, then if you rear end someone, it's your fault. We already have instances of people who deliberately throw themselves in front of vehicles hoping to be able to sue, and now we'd have to worry about road trolls as well.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7669 on: February 22, 2019, 10:23:44 AM »

While you patiently wait for Ultra response, I suggest you go over to your local hardware store and invest in a comfortable pair of gloves. Following that you can get a good pair of wrist straps for material arts/weight lifting kind of place. TGIF!!

?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7670 on: February 22, 2019, 05:49:52 PM »

The thing is, you'd have to change/clarify the definitionand conditions of "at-fault" for accidents. For instance, if you are in an accident due to a mechanical failure of your vehicle, then you are still "at fault" even if the malfunction is outside your reasonable control. So you lose your license because of a manufacturer's defect. Also, unless you mandate dash cams on all vehicles, then it would be exceedingly easy to destroy someone's livelihood by brake checking them and causing them to rearend the other. As we all know, unless there is proof to the contrary, then if you rear end someone, it's your fault. We already have instances of people who deliberately throw themselves in front of vehicles hoping to be able to sue, and now we'd have to worry about road trolls as well.

That of course would need to be fleshed out, though I and many others would say that if you are following close enough to where you can be brake checked, as such, you get what you get. If you were following at the proper distance, and doing what you are supposed to, then you would have more than likely been fine.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7671 on: February 22, 2019, 07:00:21 PM »

That of course would need to be fleshed out, though I and many others would say that if you are following close enough to where you can be brake checked, as such, you get what you get. If you were following at the proper distance, and doing what you are supposed to, then you would have more than likely been fine.

Except for, y'know, the idiots who see that proper distance as an opening to squeeze in and cut your respectable distance to nothing and opening you up to an accident anyway.

Really, they need to just teach everyone learning to drive the best defensive driving technique I ever heard: Automatically assume that every driver on the road is a kriffing moron. That car ahead of you? He WILL slam on his brakes. The guy to the right of you? He WILL try to change lanes without signalling. That car with his blinker on saying he's gonna turn right onto a side street? He won't. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7672 on: February 22, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »

Except for, y'know, the idiots who see that proper distance as an opening to squeeze in and cut your respectable distance to nothing and opening you up to an accident anyway.

Really, they need to just teach everyone learning to drive the best defensive driving technique I ever heard: Automatically assume that every driver on the road is a kriffing moron. That car ahead of you? He WILL slam on his brakes. The guy to the right of you? He WILL try to change lanes without signalling. That car with his blinker on saying he's gonna turn right onto a side street? He won't. Etc. Etc. Etc.
That bozo in the white car won't turn on his lights when it's snowing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7673 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »

That bozo in the white car won't turn on his lights when it's snowing.

It's the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere and some jackass has their car parked and turned off at the unlit intersection where a highway offramp meets a country road...

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7674 on: February 22, 2019, 08:06:50 PM »

Investing in a Dash Cam was one of the best decisions I ever made

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7675 on: February 22, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »

Investing in a Dash Cam was one of the best decisions I ever made

I fully believe that dash cams should come standard in every new vehicle, and can not be turned off. The simple fact of knowing you are being recorded would do wonders for getting people to follow the rules.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7676 on: February 22, 2019, 11:31:58 PM »

I love my wife and it is a good thing or it would be getting all shining around here. First she tries to move a ladder with a FULL can of paint on top, thankfully drop cloths were down. and now my new truck, to me it is a 2016 with 60,000km on it, that I have had for a week she yells at me for spilling her drink, she had five, count them FIVE, cupholders to choose from so she puts her cup up on the dash.... now there is horrid coffee in the speaker and carpet on the passengers side....

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7677 on: February 23, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »

I love my wife and it is a good thing or it would be getting all shining around here. First she tries to move a ladder with a FULL can of paint on top, thankfully drop cloths were down. and now my new truck, to me it is a 2016 with 60,000km on it, that I have had for a week she yells at me for spilling her drink, she had five, count them FIVE, cupholders to choose from so she puts her cup up on the dash.... now there is horrid coffee in the speaker and carpet on the passengers side....

How was it your fault her drink spilled?

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7678 on: February 23, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »

Don't try to apply logic; it won't help.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7679 on: February 23, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »

My guess is that Xamon did a harder brake instead of a gentle rolling one... or hit a pot hole instead of smoothly going around it... or foolishly purchasing a truck that has an inconveniently higher narrow dashboard with a sloped edge.  Wink Grin

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: