Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269334 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7695 on: March 21, 2019, 01:05:05 AM »

Hi Everybody,

Why is it that whenever I have to rush out to  my elderly relative on an emergency call, I end up having a bad reaction to my dermatology medication? My skin has now broken out in sores.

I wouldn't mind so much but I'm also allergic to her cats. This has been a 72 hours I'd like to forget.  Sad

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7696 on: March 21, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »

Sorry to hear, Tyeth. I would try to see if you can get an allergic skin test to see what you're allergic to. I had to do that last summer which gave me a good idea of what was breaking me out and what to avoid.  Hope you feel better. I'm also allergic to cats

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7697 on: March 21, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »

Hi Infinit,

Thanks for the advice, but to be honest I already know what caused my reaction, it is the meds themselves and stress. The medication is cytotoxic and thins my skin lesions but lowers my immune system. Problem is the side effects get worse if I'm stressed. Luckily the swelling around my eyes has started to go down now.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7698 on: March 21, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »

So...to prepare for my company's Vice President visit today....I came into work at 1:30 am to make sure everything was perfect.  I was willing to take the hit since I would be off tomorrow.  Well.....they aren't coming today.  They will be here tomorrow.  So I've been here 13 hours....with 3 more hours to go.....AND I have to come in tomorrow.  My feet are so swollen I'm probably going to have to cut my damn shoes off.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7699 on: March 21, 2019, 12:21:13 PM »

My new acolyte mask arrived today and the dip$#!% seller packed it in such a way that the mask absorbed impact and put serious cracks in it. Now I don't know if I'll have time to get another and get it painted before SWC.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7700 on: April 28, 2019, 12:08:26 AM »

I don't have the words for how disappointed I am that the previous "forum colors" are now an add on of 20 dollars instead of 10. I look forward to the nasty comments from the people who also called me lazy for wanting them listed on US main site in the first place.  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7701 on: April 28, 2019, 12:17:14 AM »

Not lazy. It’s a smart business move to list forum colors because any potential customer not active on the forums wouldn’t know about them otherwise. As for the price increase, I have no idea. I don’t see why forum colors would be more than tri-Cree unless they’re using a higher quality LED to try to keep color consistency better. I know I had to send my catalyst staff in to have the yellow adjusted to be even for both sides when I first got it... maybe it’s an attempt at fixing that error. That’s all I have, unfortunately Sad sad to see the increase

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7702 on: April 28, 2019, 12:18:25 AM »

Lazy LOL

I'm not happy with $35 for FOC. But we can't all be happy all the time.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7703 on: April 27, 2019, 05:29:49 PM »

Yeah, I'm with Tx on the FOC thing. I'm configuring a sound saber now, and I don't need FOC badly enough that I'll pay $35 for it, but that's life. I'll also point out that the premium colors are hand tuned to that color, hence the price, it's possible that the $20 ones are a bit more tricky to dial in and take more time/work to do so.

This thread has the potential to go down a dark path. I'm watching to be sure we don't go down the slippery slope where we're simply criticizing US and their products.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7704 on: April 28, 2019, 02:11:34 AM »

Well when I first noticed they added those colors to the site's pick a color list for when you're picking options for building a lightsaber, they were all ten dollars, and now they are up to twenty. I would kind of like to know why, I mean the ten made sense, you used to pick one of the three extra colors at 5 plus 5 dollars in requisition, so where does the extra ten come from now. It be nice if it was explained or changed back.

Saber Collection:

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7705 on: April 28, 2019, 02:36:03 AM »

Well when I first noticed they added those colors to the site's pick a color list for when you're picking options for building a lightsaber, they were all ten dollars, and now they are up to twenty. I would kind of like to know why, I mean the ten made sense, you used to pick one of the three extra colors at 5 plus 5 dollars in requisition, so where does the extra ten come from now. It be nice if it was explained or changed back.

Prices go up.  This is just a simple fact that all businesses do.  Whether its due to declining sales, rising costs (manufacturing, shipping, the countless other expenses) or any number of reasons.  Hell, I looked at the first saber I ever bought from US and just a few years its now $30 more than it was then.  This is not a new thing.   US does a lot of sales though..plus the rewards points and the deal of the day.  Time it right and you can get a saber for a steal.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7706 on: April 27, 2019, 08:00:59 PM »

It's also possible they simply weren't selling enough of those colors to keep the prices that low. Lots of variables here. I know it's frustrating, but it is what it is.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7707 on: April 27, 2019, 09:47:00 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but before, wasn't it in order to get a forum color you had to select a "premium color" (+5$) and then add like 15$ worth of requisition charges? If so, it would have cost 20$ either way. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that was how it worked.

Even if it wasn't you now have instant access to the colors, and everyone can utilize them, not just those that know about them.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7708 on: April 28, 2019, 06:40:15 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but before, wasn't it in order to get a forum color you had to select a "premium color" (+5$) and then add like 15$ worth of requisition charges? If so, it would have cost 20$ either way. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that was how it worked.

Even if it wasn't you now have instant access to the colors, and everyone can utilize them, not just those that know about them.

You're obviously wrong, since I already explained the 5 plus 5 Tongue Plus I used to have the forum colors topic bookmarked and I did it twice to get a sentinel yellow and DVA

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7709 on: April 28, 2019, 06:43:02 PM »

No need for arguing. I did used to be $5. Pics from my first order with a forum color when n00b me did it wrong

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: