Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280315 times)
Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7995 on: April 01, 2020, 03:30:30 AM »

Pretty sure I couldn't get a date if my life depended on it. Yes be confident, yada yada yada, but what people who give me that advice fail to understand is I have the extra layer of having to make sure the girl isn't straight first. That's a layer most straight people seem to forget when giving advice. Me saying I like a girl isn't like my straight male friends saying they like a girl. 98% percent chance she's at least interested in your gender. I have a what, 2% chance? I can be as confident, etc, as I want. If she's not into girls, she's not into girls.

Oh, and straight crushes suck. Can I turn in my gay card please? Roll Eyes

My advice, as a straight person, is to go somewhere where there are other non-straight people looking for other non-straight people. If 98% of the people you're looking at are straight, you're looking in the wrong place. Also, you have a 100% chance of not finding someone if you give up. So the rest of my advice is not to give up.

My vent: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/31/coronavirus-dad-hides-symptoms-gain-access-ny-maternity-ward/5093274002/

That's the hospital where my wife works, although thankfully not in the maternity ward. I cannot post my opinion on what I think should happen to those people.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7996 on: April 01, 2020, 04:18:39 AM »

My advice, as a straight person, is to go somewhere where there are other non-straight people looking for other non-straight people. If 98% of the people you're looking at are straight, you're looking in the wrong place. Also, you have a 100% chance of not finding someone if you give up. So the rest of my advice is not to give up.

My vent: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/31/coronavirus-dad-hides-symptoms-gain-access-ny-maternity-ward/5093274002/

That's the hospital where my wife works, although thankfully not in the maternity ward. I cannot post my opinion on what I think should happen to those people.

I know I know, I'm not going to give up, just frustrated. I have actually been making some not straight, female internet friends, at least. I'm working on getting out there in the not straight places too.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7997 on: April 01, 2020, 11:03:28 AM »

This angers me, how selfish can you be to place both your wife and child at risk and in harm's way?  This pandemic shows how disgusting, selfish, and stupid people are

I met my wife when I wasn't looking, in fact, she found me when I was at a point in my life that I wasn't looking for someone so I say be yourself, the right person will come along when you least expect it. There's a time in your dating life when the more you try to date, the less it's going to happen, just live life and everything will happen.  Just my .02

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #7998 on: April 01, 2020, 04:13:08 PM »

This angers me, how selfish can you be to place both your wife and child at risk and in harm's way?  This pandemic shows how disgusting, selfish, and stupid people are

Anger doesn't even begin to cover it. It gets worse though, it turns out that the wife also had symptoms before she gave birth and didn't tell anyone, which means the child could have been born with it...

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7999 on: April 01, 2020, 05:18:56 PM »

Anger doesn't even begin to cover it. It gets worse though, it turns out that the wife also had symptoms before she gave birth and didn't tell anyone, which means the child could have been born with it...

Wow

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8000 on: April 01, 2020, 06:07:31 PM »

.....some people......  Lips sealed

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8001 on: April 01, 2020, 08:25:50 PM »

The city just reported that a nursing home less than 2-miles away from me has had an outbreak.  The outbreak began March 21 but just they just reported it today.  The fire chief said, "We got a heads up there might be a problem when we went to the same facility for a 5th time for COVID-19 related symptoms".  It took them FIVE TIMES to figure it out.  Now there are 12 people from that facility infected (six patients and six workers) and one dead.  Didn't anyone learn from the outbreak in Kirkland, WA? 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8002 on: April 01, 2020, 08:30:39 PM »

.....some people......  Lips sealed
Most people

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8003 on: April 02, 2020, 02:30:10 AM »

Most people

Too many people.

The city just reported that a nursing home less than 2-miles away from me has had an outbreak.  The outbreak began March 21 but just they just reported it today.  The fire chief said, "We got a heads up there might be a problem when we went to the same facility for a 5th time for COVID-19 related symptoms".  It took them FIVE TIMES to figure it out.  Now there are 12 people from that facility infected (six patients and six workers) and one dead.  Didn't anyone learn from the outbreak in Kirkland, WA? 

Heck with the virus, more than anything we need a cure for stupid. And before anyone says it, yes I can think of several that already exist, but murder is illegal and lobotomies aren't as effective as they're portrayed. And neither should really be discussed on the forum so we're going to move along now.

Current vent: I actually just forgot what thread I was posting in...

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8004 on: April 02, 2020, 11:06:53 AM »

Then we have nurses and doctors in hospitals like NYC where they've ran out of medical supplies and have to make makeshift masks and who have gotten infected with quite a bit of them dead. NYC has been the epicenter of Covid in the US that the Navy sent the USNS Comfort to help due to hospitals running out of space weeks ago

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/morning-briefing/u-s-death-toll-passes-3-000-nyc-nurses-doctors-n1172836

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8005 on: April 03, 2020, 11:32:57 PM »

I love when an 8 hour workday becomes a 12 hour workday without warning....and not because of anything important.  Because of a stupid ass mistake that could have easily been avoided.  Gonna have some words for people Monday.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8006 on: April 04, 2020, 09:25:53 AM »

Headache! Not in the mood for much wrinting and awnsering. Kids are being too loud.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8007 on: April 04, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »

Then we have nurses and doctors in hospitals like NYC where they've ran out of medical supplies and have to make makeshift masks and who have gotten infected with quite a bit of them dead. NYC has been the epicenter of Covid in the US that the Navy sent the USNS Comfort to help due to hospitals running out of space weeks ago

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/morning-briefing/u-s-death-toll-passes-3-000-nyc-nurses-doctors-n1172836
The governor of NY has gotten upset at that New Yorkers are getting singled out by other states. But that is the epicenter and there is plenty of evidence that people “escaping” from New York have transmitted and passed it on to other places. Right now the Poconos has the highest concentration of cases per capita. Why? Because NY and others escaped to their vacation homes in the Poconos. Plus some ArBnb places started to loos money and advertisers as Getsaways from the virus. They have since stopped advertising and the governor of PA is threatening to shut them down for it. They are upset, I get they need money but this is only making things worse. One person said they required whoever came in to stay minimum of 14days. But that doesn’t do much when they run out for groceries and shopping to get supplies to stock the place.

Oh and this is not a really serious vent. I find something’s less important at the moment but thought it funny.
Got an email from GameStop today. I have a preorder for FF7. All the stores are closed here as they should be. They are offering to transfer any money I spent on the preorder to online so I can Preorder the game and get it on releases. I find that very nice of them. However it would have been nicer to offer this BEFORE they completely sold out of preorders. Good thing I was smart enough to make other arrangements. Plus at this point I’ve waited so long for this game. A few more weeks ain’t gonna hurt me.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8008 on: April 05, 2020, 09:42:58 PM »

I need a haircut but all the barbers and hair stylists are closed down.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #8009 on: April 05, 2020, 11:08:07 PM »

I need a haircut but all the barbers and hair stylists are closed down.
Too true....my barber was told when they were shut down that if they are caught cutting hair during this shutdown, they would be fined $700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: