Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269138 times)
Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8130 on: June 26, 2020, 10:05:49 PM »

Why does the obvious solution to the problem suddenly appear at 5:30 pm after an entire day's worth of work has been lost?

This coming after I walked in to work to find a note to do something that I had already done, that I had clearly already done, and that the person would have known I had already done if they weren't stupid and bothered to read.

Also I bought a six pack of mini-donuts from the vending machine.

It only had 5 donuts in the package.

Still factory sealed and everything.

They just decided to only put 5 donut in the package I happened to buy on an incredibly rough day at work. When I find out the who's behind this conspiracy, I'm going to step on their toes. With their face.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #8131 on: June 27, 2020, 12:08:45 AM »

I've been uncharacteristically angry lately.

Ditto.

If customer service says, "Someone will call you back", that is BS...they will toss all record of your call.
If the weather person says, "There is a 20% chance of rain", that is BS...there is a 100% chance of rain.
If it is raining, people will drive worse...which one would have thought impossible since people around here already drive as bad as possible.
If you are going to require people to wear face masks/coverings, you need to specify that it needs to cover the nose AND mouth.  Covering one and not the other doesn't work.  Hanging it off your ear doesn't work.  Here's some help for those that struggle with wearing a face mask/covering correctly.

On the plus side, I had a GREAT lunch.  We tried a new burger place (well, new to us.  It's been there for 30+ years).  Nothing better than a cheeseburger, crinkle-cut fries, and a shake (best shakes we've had in a long time).  Sure, we had to eat in the car because of the "20% chance of rain" (they only have outdoor seating, but two of the three tables were closed anyway because of the state's new reduced occupancy for restaurants) but it was worth it.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8132 on: June 27, 2020, 12:15:23 AM »

I live in the Desert Southwest.  20% chance of rain here means three drops will land on the window of the Air Traffic Control tower at the airport, and that’s all that will be seen, anywhere.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8133 on: June 27, 2020, 02:56:53 AM »

If you are going to require people to wear face masks/coverings, you need to specify that it needs to cover the nose AND mouth.  Covering one and not the other doesn't work.  Hanging it off your ear doesn't work.  Here's some help for those that struggle with wearing a face mask/covering correctly.

Don't get me started, I had to go to Walmart today.

On the plus side, I had a GREAT lunch.  We tried a new burger place (well, new to us.  It's been there for 30+ years).  Nothing better than a cheeseburger, crinkle-cut fries, and a shake (best shakes we've had in a long time).  Sure, we had to eat in the car because of the "20% chance of rain" (they only have outdoor seating, but two of the three tables were closed anyway because of the state's new reduced occupancy for restaurants) but it was worth it.

Very few meals I enjoy more than a good cheeseburger and fries. I don't drink milkshakes though, so hey, more for you.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8134 on: June 27, 2020, 12:35:49 PM »

Ditto.

If customer service says, "Someone will call you back", that is BS...they will toss all record of your call.
If the weather person says, "There is a 20% chance of rain", that is BS...there is a 100% chance of rain.
If it is raining, people will drive worse...which one would have thought impossible since people around here already drive as bad as possible.

I feel you, MJ...

And I love that meme; MANY people I see would benefit from following it  Wink

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8135 on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:59 AM »

If there's one thing that 2020 is teaching me, it's that there will be times when being a single parent is absolutely gonna suck.

Especially if you're not used to it.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #8136 on: June 30, 2020, 05:29:11 AM »

been there done that run jedi... i feel ya man

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8137 on: July 03, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »

Ugh. I listed a saber staff on Ebay as an auction instead of Buy it Now.
Dozens of buyers were interested and I received several bids, but the buyer that won the auction hasn't paid or replied to any emails.
Very frustrated because I was fully packed and ready to ship, but now I have to wait past the holiday weekend and will probably have to submit an unpaid item claim and wait another week before i can relist.

If you're going to bid on an item, watch it and pay immediately when you win.
If you can't do that DON'T BID.

Definitely going to relist it as Buy it Now so the buyer has to pay immediately next time.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8138 on: July 03, 2020, 03:07:34 PM »

Dozens of buyers were interested and I received several bids, but the buyer that won the auction hasn't paid or replied to any emails.
Very frustrated because I was fully packed and ready to ship, but now I have to wait past the holiday weekend and will probably have to submit an unpaid item claim and wait another week before i can relist.

Definitely going to relist it as Buy it Now so the buyer has to pay immediately next time.

-

Thanks for the advice.  I tend to sell on other platforms, where the risk is assumed by the buyer and the seller, so it’s good to get “tips and tricks” for if/when I want to use eBay.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8139 on: July 03, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »

-

A point to you for the new profile pic...the green Scorpion is a nice look.   Cool

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #8140 on: July 03, 2020, 05:17:07 PM »

While I appreciate the job that first responders do, and public safety personnel of all branches in general, I have a problem with their lack of accountability.
Having a badge, whether police, fire, EMS, or whatever else, does NOT grant you extra rights or some sort of excusability for acting above or outside the law.  In fact, you should be held to a HIGHER standard and set a good example for the public at large... to my point...
Last night I'm driving down a main street through a nearby town at 6pm headed west, which means not only was there moderate "coming home from work" traffic, but also the sun is in our eyes.  Up ahead I see a vehicular commotion and hear at least a half a dozen drivers leaning on their horns and shouting.  I see a vehicle, not an official emergency vehicle, but a silver Chevy 2 door compact, driving head-on into oncoming traffic, weaving in and out between the shoulder and double yellows, like it was a chase scene in a movie.  I'm like, "Jesus, this guy is either loaded or he just stole this car!" I'm approaching an intersection, and before he passes me, he bangs a left in front of my truck and TEARS A$$ down a residential side street.  No exaggeration, 60-70 MPH.  I turn right and follow him, attempting to get a license plate.  From the time I turned (immediately after he did), he was 2 blocks ahead of me.  He came to another intersection and was unable to get through (not for lack of trying to go over the curb through the stop sign), which was the only reason I was able to catch up and get his plate#.  He then makes it through the intersection, not stopping at the stop sign and cuts off two cars causing them to screech to a stop to avoid T-boning him. 
He's about to pass the EMS building, and I'm thinking great, there's usually a cop there, maybe I can flag him down.  Then the car pulls into the EMS lot.  I'm like "Oh, you gotta be kidding me."  It is then that I see the little blue blinking light on the dashboard, and two guys jump out (appears to be a father and son) and I pull in behind them and yell "Hey!  Are you guys EMT's???" The old guy yells "Yeah!"  So I'm like "Where the hell do you get off driving like that?" The kid is laughing and the older guy is like "There's a FIRE!"  So I say "Well there's about to be an assault victim because you need your ass kicked for driving like that!  Are you TRYING to kill someone just to get to a fire call?"  The kid is still laughing and the guy just waves me off and runs inside to do whatever.  So I write down the vehicle description and the plate # and I call the police department asking to speak to the volunteer services coordinator.  They take my name and number and say someone will call me back.
Shortly before 10pm, (I had given up that anyone was going to call back that evening) I get a call from a police sergeant and asks me "What did you need, did you have a problem with something?" I said yes, and went through the story.  Then I get "So what can I do for you?"  I responded, "Well, I'd like to make sure that the volunteers in town who are responding to an emergency do so safely, and don't put our residents in danger while headed to calls."  His response was "So do you want to make a formal complaint?" I said no, I don't want anyone to get in trouble, I'm not like that, I just want someone to speak to this person and maybe all of the volunteers and make sure they know they need to drive safely and follow the law when responding to calls."  He sighs, and says "So if you don't want to file a complaint, why are you calling?  What do you want me to do?"  I said "I just told you, I want someone to make sure that these volunteers are driving safely and NOT putting lives at risk driving recklessly en route to emergency calls".  He says "Well you just said it yourself, it was an emergency".  I said "Are you kidding me right now?  You're telling me its ok to drive head on into oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road and speeding down residential streets just because theres an emergency call?  What happens if he causes an accident or God-forbid, runs over a kid?"  He goes "Did that happen? Did he hurt someone?"  I said "THANKFULLY NO."  .....   (papers rustling)   .....   "So How can I help you sir?"   I said "GET A F$#%ING DICTIONARY AND LOOK UP THE WORD "ACCOUNTABILITY"!!!!   And I hung up before I said something that would have gotten my house swatted.

Seriously?  Who do these people think they are?!?!?  And I KNOW how it works.  He was blowing it off to keep someone he probably works with (or for) out of trouble.  But I find it disgraceful and disgusting that our tax dollars go to these people who just as often as not, CAUSE the danger that they are supposed to be protecting us from, and when they're called out on it, YOU'RE the troublemaker. 

Again, I value the services these people provide.  I do.  I have a history of employment and volunteerism in the public safety field.  I appreciate the job and the dangers surrounding it.  But there's a serious lack of ethics training these days, an enourmous issue of inflated egos, false entitlements, and a severe god-complex that needs to end.  Lately those thin "whatever color" lines of service are just a division between them and the general public.  There is a severe disconnect where they think they are above us and need not answer for mistakes or misbehavior.
These people are PUBLIC SERVANTS.  They work FOR us.  They answer TO US.  Or they're supposed to, anyway. 

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8141 on: July 03, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »

-

How long ago was this?   Devils Advocate: I ask because this happened to me once as the one paying.  The seller contacted me and asked why I hadn't paid...I had on my end.  Turns out it was just the bank taking its sweet ass time because of some system issue.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8142 on: July 03, 2020, 06:59:21 PM »

How long ago was this?   Devils Advocate: I ask because this happened to me once as the one paying.  The seller contacted me and asked why I hadn't paid...I had on my end.  Turns out it was just the bank taking its sweet ass time because of some system issue.
Over 2 days ago. I've sold hundreds of items over the years and when the buyer attempts payment, ebay let's me know so I can ship it. This buyers has not attempted to do so and only has 4 other transactions over several years, so I expect they just didn't realize that you need to keep an eye of stuff you bid on.

Things I've listed as Buy it Now always show instant payment because the buyer HAS to submit payment to buy.
But the winner of an auction could be offline when the bids ends.
And it's possible ebay messages go to thier spam box.

The point is that dozens of other buys could easily snatch this up but I have to go through the lengthy process of have Ebay harass the buyer for 4 days before I'm allowed to relist it.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8143 on: July 03, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »

Your outrage is completely understandable. 

Look at what you told us.  The only option to get results is clearly to file an official complaint.  Without that, the police have no grounds to do anything. 

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #8144 on: July 03, 2020, 07:56:05 PM »

I have seen the same thing here and i have filed the complaint . now im not the most liked guy to the local establishment but id rather be unliked then have to attend a funeral because of insane driver not in an emergency vehicle

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: