Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1278708 times)
Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8145 on: July 03, 2020, 09:55:05 PM »

This is why I NEVER do auctions on eBay; I only do "Buy it Now".  This is as a seller and buyer.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8146 on: July 03, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »

This is why I NEVER do auctions on eBay; I only do "Buy it Now".  This is as a seller and buyer.
Normally that's what I do, but I recently sold a saber as an auction on a whim and made twice what I paid.
So I guess I got greedy.

Anyway, I went ahead and filed an unpaid item claim. So I'll either get paid in 4 days, or i can relist as Buy it Now.

-

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #8147 on: July 03, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »

Little backstory before my Venting.

I have been having back pain for a couple of years now and when I say back pain, I mean the kind where I can barely function.  I went to the doctor several times and they sent me in different directions: UTIs, prostate issues, so on and so forth.  And nothing would alleviate it.

Finally, they ran a couple of tests, did an X-Ray and then CT scan and came back with Gallstones.  Not the greatest thing to have, but at least it was an answer.  I later learned of two other things that could also be causing my back pain, but I won't get into that here.

So, for the past year or so, I have been blissfully pain free.  When I wasn't, I was popping pain pills just to be able to function and due to a family history of addictive personality, I really didn't want to keep doing this.  So, when the pain went away, it was so blissful and I was able to slowly wean myself off the pain meds and have been free of them for a year or so.

Now, the Venting.

For the last 4 days, my back pain has returned and I am popping pain meds again to cope.  So frell Gallstones.  They are a major pain in the ass.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #8148 on: July 03, 2020, 11:13:51 PM »

Little backstory before my Venting.

I have been having back pain for a couple of years now and when I say back pain, I mean the kind where I can barely function.  I went to the doctor several times and they sent me in different directions: UTIs, prostate issues, so on and so forth.  And nothing would alleviate it.

Finally, they ran a couple of tests, did an X-Ray and then CT scan and came back with Gallstones.  Not the greatest thing to have, but at least it was an answer.  I later learned of two other things that could also be causing my back pain, but I won't get into that here.

So, for the past year or so, I have been blissfully pain free.  When I wasn't, I was popping pain pills just to be able to function and due to a family history of addictive personality, I really didn't want to keep doing this.  So, when the pain went away, it was so blissful and I was able to slowly wean myself off the pain meds and have been free of them for a year or so.

Now, the Venting.

For the last 4 days, my back pain has returned and I am popping pain meds again to cope.  So frell Gallstones.  They are a major pain in the ass.

I live with chronic pain and it is no fun and few will understand it. Stay strong sir try to find alternates to meds not an easy thing and only you can find what works for you... hope and prayers

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8149 on: July 04, 2020, 01:24:37 AM »

So bloody sick and tired of the neighborhood yo-yos shooting off their fireworks...I've got one dog that cowers in fear with every boom, and another one that barks his head off every time he hears an ant step on a twig outside.   So you can imagine what he does with this noise level.   

RRRRRGHHH......

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #8150 on: July 04, 2020, 01:49:29 AM »

So bloody sick and tired of the neighborhood yo-yos shooting off their fireworks...I've got one dog that cowers in fear with every boom, and another one that barks his head off every time he hears an ant step on a twig outside.   So you can imagine what he does with this noise level.   

RRRRRGHHH......

I have a neighbor who's been shooting them off for the past 3 days.  I have cats and they are literally trying to kill themselves from the terror they are in with every pop, whistle, and the noise in general.  I have been so very tempted to call the police (fireworks are technically illegal to sell where I live and even more illegal to use, but you can literally go just a mile down the road in be in another city that is in another parish where it is legal to buy and use.  It doesn't help matters that the cops tend to overlook this stuff on days like the 4th and New Years) and file a noise complaint, but it wouldn't do any good.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #8151 on: July 04, 2020, 02:07:29 AM »

I have a neighbor who's been shooting them off for the past 3 days.  I have cats and they are literally trying to kill themselves from the terror they are in with every pop, whistle, and the noise in general.  I have been so very tempted to call the police (fireworks are technically illegal to sell where I live and even more illegal to use, but you can literally go just a mile down the road in be in another city that is in another parish where it is legal to buy and use.  It doesn't help matters that the cops tend to overlook this stuff on days like the 4th and New Years) and file a noise complaint, but it wouldn't do any good.
Just the past 3 days?!?!  Lucky.  Someone in my neighborhood has been shooting them off every night since mid-March.  It might be one or two a night, then some nights it goes on for 10 minutes.  I guess it is their way of dealing with the Coronapocalypse.  In fact, they are shooting them off as I type this.  Thankfully my beagle is used to it. 

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #8152 on: July 04, 2020, 02:11:26 AM »

Just the past 3 days?!?!  Lucky.  Someone in my neighborhood has been shooting them off every night since mid-March.  It might be one or two a night, then some nights it goes on for 10 minutes.  I guess it is their way of dealing with the Coronapocalypse.  In fact, they are shooting them off as I type this.  Thankfully my beagle is used to it. 

That's just the 4th.  From the day after Christmas until the day after New Years, there is just a cacophony of fireworks that are constantly going off.  And don't get me started on New Years Day or night.  They really ramp it up on that night.

Current Blades Owned:

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8153 on: July 04, 2020, 03:14:00 AM »

When you shoot off fireworks for S & G's it takes away the awe IMO.  New Years and 4th of July are the "designated" Holidays for them....

(fireworks are technically illegal to sell where I live and even more illegal to use, but you can literally go just a mile down the road in be in another city that is in another parish where it is legal to buy and use.

That's something I didn't think existed....fireworks illegal...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #8154 on: July 04, 2020, 03:28:31 AM »

Well, like I said, it's not even enforced.  But yeah, it really is illegal in the Parish I live in.  You literally have to go one parish over to be able to purchase fireworks.  I don't even know how old that law is, but it's obviously old enough that no one even pays attention to it.

Current Blades Owned:

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #8155 on: July 04, 2020, 05:35:56 PM »

It's only illegal if you get caught.  That is the motto of most people around here.

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:

Wife’s:

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

« Reply #8156 on: July 04, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »

Household US Arsenal:
Mine:

Wife’s:

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #8157 on: July 04, 2020, 06:17:48 PM »

And there's always one or two idiots that blow a couple of their fingers off doing stupid stuff with fireworks.  While some are accidents (at least I hope they are), where there was premature detonation, I think some people are also not very truthful about their injuries.

Current Blades Owned:

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8158 on: July 05, 2020, 01:36:03 PM »

Waiting for the Golden Ticket email sucks.  Waiting for test results is even worse.

Please, let something go right for us for a change....

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8159 on: July 05, 2020, 04:24:38 PM »

I can't do fireworks myself and don't care for them but if you're going to pop them, do them aware from city limits where it's legal and be safe about it

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: