Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1269245 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #8355 on: February 26, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »

If its a show that aired first on television the titles are made for the studio/editors since the audience doesn't see them, of course that goes out the window once its put online/streaming.  Just do what I do (even though spoilers are not an issue for me)..don't even bother with previews and titles.

Sadly it's next to impossible when it's necessary to scroll through to click on them, or if they're blatantly displayed in sections of the screen at times when episodes start, get paused, and are simply built in in layers. Trust me, I do my best to ignore them and work around them constantly. But its simply impossible to turn a blind eye with 100% proficiency unless I cover up portions of the screen with something blocking out these sections or get someone else to select and start my episodes for me... It's also unpredictable so hard to set firm countermeasures. Just a bit broken to even have to resort to such measures in the first place to not have things ruined. It's like reading a book and having ridiculous and blatant ruining of the story as you read along. If the last book in the LotR series is titled How it's Destroyed! it takes away from the mystery, and would have conceivably have impacted initial sales. It's just a shameless or senseless practice I've grown weary of on Netflix and other mediums.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #8356 on: February 27, 2021, 02:46:19 PM »

I've got a general gripe about watching series/movies online. I'm bothered by the people whom wrote out the titles for episodes (originally or on sites), the descriptions of movies/episodes before you watch them, and especially by the suggestions that pop up showing all these scenes from whatever it is. Meant to get you interested or "bait" viewers into watching but ultimately showing things that will happen. I mean it's just ridiculous sometimes! It's like they blatantly ruin plot points as you're loading up an episode... For vague example "last week on the show Terrance gets lost in the woods... what will happen?" or they make it look like he's dead and eaten by wolves. Then right off the bat, while the episode ends, or as the new one is loading... There is a preview of a happy reunion, a still shot of mom hugging her lost boy, or the dang title is Terrance returns or Reunited just spoiling the surprise, suspense, plot, or anticipation outright. It's just viciously annoying that such stellar script writing at times gets shamefully undercut by spoilerific missteps such as this. Like some people's lack of forethought or higher thought capacity can perpetually ruin the experience for every viewer interested in the story progression before it even has a chance to get going.

I was watching a series where this happened, and it made me turn it off immediately. I rage quit something I was seriously enjoying watching overall because this foolishness just sucked all the mystery out of what was unfolding. It's just a shame.

This is largely because media has distracted us from how to enjoy good stories. We have been trained thats spoilers are a thing  and that knowing the outcome in some way ruins the journey. In all stories the end result is less important than how it is achieved. Thats why retelling of classic mythology can still be entertaining. We all know Hercules will kill the Nimean lion but will he do it with his bare hands or a sword this time, or more realistically with a long spear? Will he use his cunning and human intellectual his godlike strength to overcome the beast.
Even with the Star Wars movies. In the originals we all knew the Rebelion would defeat the evil empire but we watched to see how they would get there, how Luke would progress from farm boy to Jedi Knight, how Han Solo would  grow from purely selfish scoundrel to general, and even how Leia would advance from a plot pushing prop to a strong but caring female leader with some depth of character.
Then the prequels were less satisfying because they left to many holes. It wasn't because we knew the end result with the rise of Vader and the Galactic Empire and the fall of the Jedi. It was because getting there was unfulfilling.  We didn't get to see much of how the emperor manipulated the force ornhow deeply he planned to advance his goals. We knew he was and what would come of it but not how. A scene of him meditating to connect Anakins dreams to his mother and his security toward Padme could have been brief but huge in helping the apparent stunted development of the relationship that seemed to jump too suddenly into being.
Then the sequel trilogy took it too far the other way. The secrets were intentional but not really as well developed as we needed. The death of Solo was shock but why was it there did Kylo ignite the saber or did Han? It was supposed to advance Kyle's acceptance and transition to the darkside but without clearly seeing who activated the beam it contradicts this as much as it could have affirmed it. And Rae's battle with Kylo was much too epic for such a novice. We know from her harsh life on Jakuu and her use of the staff that she has some self defense skills but to suddenly jump to a totally different weapon and come out victorious through a power she had only heard story's about a short time ago was too contrived and underwhelming. Even Luke never faced Vader until he had some training and he didn't even really win that first encounter. It had some realism.
Its the progression of the story that matters and how the story is told. This is kind of my vent too as I hate hearing people goin on about spoilers this and spoilers that.  I heard ahead of time that Yoda would appear in The Last Jedi but knowing that did not lessen how he appeared, his timing, his attitude, and his message presentation any. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #8357 on: March 05, 2021, 08:31:01 PM »

This is largely because media has distracted us from how to enjoy good stories. We have been trained thats spoilers are a thing  and that knowing the outcome in some way ruins the journey. In all stories the end result is less important than how it is achieved. Thats why retelling of classic mythology can still be entertaining. We all know Hercules will kill the Nimean lion but will he do it with his bare hands or a sword this time, or more realistically with a long spear? Will he use his cunning and human intellectual his godlike strength to overcome the beast.
Even with the Star Wars movies. In the originals we all knew the Rebelion would defeat the evil empire but we watched to see how they would get there, how Luke would progress from farm boy to Jedi Knight, how Han Solo would  grow from purely selfish scoundrel to general, and even how Leia would advance from a plot pushing prop to a strong but caring female leader with some depth of character.
Then the prequels were less satisfying because they left to many holes. It wasn't because we knew the end result with the rise of Vader and the Galactic Empire and the fall of the Jedi. It was because getting there was unfulfilling.  We didn't get to see much of how the emperor manipulated the force ornhow deeply he planned to advance his goals. We knew he was and what would come of it but not how. A scene of him meditating to connect Anakins dreams to his mother and his security toward Padme could have been brief but huge in helping the apparent stunted development of the relationship that seemed to jump too suddenly into being.
Then the sequel trilogy took it too far the other way. The secrets were intentional but not really as well developed as we needed. The death of Solo was shock but why was it there did Kylo ignite the saber or did Han? It was supposed to advance Kyle's acceptance and transition to the darkside but without clearly seeing who activated the beam it contradicts this as much as it could have affirmed it. And Rae's battle with Kylo was much too epic for such a novice. We know from her harsh life on Jakuu and her use of the staff that she has some self defense skills but to suddenly jump to a totally different weapon and come out victorious through a power she had only heard story's about a short time ago was too contrived and underwhelming. Even Luke never faced Vader until he had some training and he didn't even really win that first encounter. It had some realism.
Its the progression of the story that matters and how the story is told. This is kind of my vent too as I hate hearing people goin on about spoilers this and spoilers that.  I heard ahead of time that Yoda would appear in The Last Jedi but knowing that did not lessen how he appeared, his timing, his attitude, and his message presentation any. 

word!

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #8358 on: March 08, 2021, 07:12:06 AM »

words!
FTFY Wink Roll Eyes Cheesy

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #8359 on: March 12, 2021, 03:30:27 PM »

FTFY Wink Roll Eyes Cheesy
i can hear him saying it!

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8360 on: March 12, 2021, 08:52:14 PM »

i can hear him saying it!
“Hey, fantastic. Psychedelic.” Cool

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8361 on: April 29, 2021, 05:41:12 PM »

Gonna keep this as short as I can.

My Grandpa was involved in a car accident a year ago. No injuries either side, both cars sustained about the same damage; my grandpa went through a a yellow light and someone jumped the gun on their light and hit him.

They now choose to sue him.

To sue. an 80 year old man. Who would give the shirt off his back to keep you from a cold night. And THAT is who you choose to try to extract money from.

I am so thoroughly disgusted. I tried to vent to family and I was told I was overreacting and needed to just calm down about it. I had to sanitize my emotions because people didnt like that I was angry at someone who chose to take advantage of a sweet old man.

Maybe between god and my father I was gifted with some magical exception that I at least try to be respectful of others, or at least thats what I keep coming up with because I cannot, have not, and will not ever understand what the hell is hard about being generally decent. It costs NOTHING but the most minimum of effort, and yet people im ashamed I share a genome with choose to take advantage of others in this way. I am angry and disgusted beyond measure at the entire situation.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #8362 on: April 29, 2021, 09:27:19 PM »

My Grandpa was involved in a car accident a year ago. No injuries either side, both cars sustained about the same damage; my grandpa went through a a yellow light and someone jumped the gun on their light and hit him.

To sue. an 80 year old man. Who would give the shirt off his back to keep you from a cold night. And THAT is who you choose to try to extract money from.

I am so thoroughly disgusted. I tried to vent to family and I was told I was overreacting and needed to just calm down about it. I had to sanitize my emotions because people didnt like that I was angry at someone who chose to take advantage of a sweet old man.

Maybe between god and my father I was gifted with some magical exception that I at least try to be respectful of others, or at least thats what I keep coming up with because I cannot, have not, and will not ever understand what the hell is hard about being generally decent. It costs NOTHING but the most minimum of effort, and yet people im ashamed I share a genome with choose to take advantage of others in this way. I am angry and disgusted beyond measure at the entire situation.
i feel the conflict within you.  let go of your hate.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #8363 on: April 30, 2021, 02:17:26 AM »

I feel you, people can be vile and opportunistic for sure. They often will do something simply because they can... Logic, empathy, compassion, reasonable expectations; all these things are foreign concepts to many to a horrific extent. Not that I'm not a demon machine if someone flips the on switch, but at least I have various settings and adjust accordingly. You make a valid point, the elderly aren't (generally) the most financially solvent. So people running scams, are vile but seemingly still applying logic to their opportunism. Law suits only waste money on the hopes of a court order toward accrual of money. If one lacks the income or assets to pay, it's just idiocy to pursue; and older people tend to have very fixed incomes and finances so just stupid as a plan for sure. But this is one of the idiotic things that Americans love to do too often, lawsuits on a senseless level. Let alone the rulings in some of these idiots favor. I'm just going to believe he'll get a judge with some common sense who'll be like "forget you guys for suing an old man! case dismissed."

I will say, I get the righteous anger felt, and relate to seeing others downplay situations. I'm a believer in the time and place to get plenty angry for the right reasons. Especially when someone is victimized, I would have been equally pissed in a similar situation for sure. Even if it doesn't "help anything" it doesn't mean it's wrong to be outraged at such vultures. I don't care why they might need/want the money or any of it. It's still disgusting in principle.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8364 on: April 30, 2021, 05:00:16 AM »

Damn! I’m sorry to hear about this. “What hell is so hard about being generally decent?”
This is the question I have asked myself and others more than any other in my entire life and probably a few dozen times a day at this point. Let me know if you get anywhere on this and I’ll report back if I find anything as well. Deal?

I’m sorry you and your family are going through this. -1

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8365 on: April 30, 2021, 02:31:20 PM »

i feel the conflict within you.  let go of your hate.

No.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8366 on: May 29, 2021, 10:41:52 PM »

I know its counter intuitive for many but when someone tells you, with utmost sincerity and a bit of rancor, that they do not want an acknowledgement of their Birthday in any way...acquiesce to their wishes.  It will save people hurt feelings.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8367 on: July 05, 2021, 02:46:49 AM »

I love fire works. I love watching them, I love setting them off and I love the smell. What I do not love is them going off over my house after 11pm.
That’s just rude and inconsiderate.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8368 on: August 21, 2021, 11:47:55 AM »

I wish people would stop using abbreviations in work related E-Mails.....  Not everyone is "down with the lingo" and I have to either decipher what the hell they are talking about or ask directly....either choice is a waste of the time they assumed to be saving by using abbreviations.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #8369 on: August 23, 2021, 01:45:01 PM »

I wish people would stop using abbreviations in work related E-Mails.....  Not everyone is "down with the lingo" and I have to either decipher what the hell they are talking about or ask directly....either choice is a waste of the time they assumed to be saving by using abbreviations.
point!

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: