Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cross Stitch and anything else.  (Read 2382 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: October 20, 2012, 03:34:10 AM »

So, I remember a while back we had a discussion about various kinds of needlework and I mentioned that I made some elemental dragons through cross stitching. Anyway, I got thinking about it tonight and decided to google for them and see if I could find anything. Anyway, I found this pic of the Fire Dragon:

I also found the website that has the whole list and patterns of the 5 elemental dragons. They are Fire, Earth, Water, Air and Spirit. I'm not into the whole elemental belief system, but they're pretty cool looking. I'm seriously considering trying to find my mom's old cross stitch stuff...if she still has it. I would have no idea where to get started in buying things like material, needles and thread though. Any ideas?

Anyway, this thread can be for any sort of needlework that anyone is working on, or patterns that you want to share. I always did enjoy cross stitching and found it quite relaxing. Anyone else, or am I now alone in this? Wink

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 03:39:22 AM »

That is awesome Smiley I don't do needlework, but it still looks good to my untrained eye Wink It also looks like Thorn from the Inheritance cycle Shocked

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:43:10 AM »

That is awesome Smiley I don't do needlework, but it still looks good to my untrained eye Wink It also looks like Thorn from the Inheritance cycle Shocked

I wish I could find the one that I actually did. It's framed and in a box somewhere. I think you might enjoy it. Even if you didn't, it's something creative and relaxing for me to do. I never actually read Inheritance Cycle...or watched it...or whatever medium it was on/in.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 03:48:25 AM »

I wish I could find the one that I actually did. It's framed and in a box somewhere. I think you might enjoy it. Even if you didn't, it's something creative and relaxing for me to do. I never actually read Inheritance Cycle...or watched it...or whatever medium it was on/in.

I wish I could see it Sad Also, Inheritance is a set of four books. The first book is Eragon Smiley Don't watch the movie and don't play the video game though. I am warning you! You should read the books though Cheesy I love them, but you might find them a bit tedious.

Anyway, I would like to take up stitching. I tried it before and liked it.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »

The plot is easy, just Star Wars with dragons Roll Eyes

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »

The plot is easy, just Star Wars with dragons Roll Eyes

Why must everyone say that *facepalm* It starts out like SW, but by the second book it starts becoming it's own story. By the third book, it was it's own story. the Inheritance Cycle is awesome. In any case, Star Wars was based off of an old TV show (can't remember the name, and Google isn't helping), and it took the opening credit sequences directly from that show. It also took plot ideas from plays and books such as King Arthur.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »

Give us a bit, MJ and I are working on Marvel vs Capcom sprites. Grin

Point Ben, very nice.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: