Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lock-Up Sound effects question  (Read 1862 times)
xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

Dark Side Points!

« on: October 20, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »

Hello Ultrasabers!

I'm a first time buyer on the site and have pretty much decided on a product. However, I am a bit confused on the "lock-up" feature. I understand what it does (the cracking electrical sound as if two sabers are in contact), as I saw it in the "flash on clash" video, but do all sound compatible sabers include this? If so, do you need to order it with the "flash on clash" feature added, or is it a separate system altogether?

I appreciate any feedback from what appears to be a very helpful community, and thanks in advance! Smiley

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, all sabers equipped with Obsidian sound have the lock-up feature and no you don't need to order the saber with flash on clash to have the lock-up feature. Flash on clash flickers/pulsates between the flash color and the main blade color. For example, if you choose Guardian Blue as your main blade color and Aegean Silver as your flash color, the lock-up would flash between Guardian Blue and Aegean Silver.

Hope this helps.

xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side Points!

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, all sabers equipped with Obsidian sound have the lock-up feature and no you don't need to order the saber with flash on clash to have the lock-up feature. Flash on clash flickers/pulsates between the flash color and the main blade color. For example, if you choose Guardian Blue as your main blade color and Aegean Silver as your flash color, the lock-up would flash between Guardian Blue and Aegean Silver.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a million, exactly what I wanted to hear. How do you activate the lock up? Is there a separate button on the hilt or is it tied in with the main power switch?

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »

Your welcome and you just press the power botton to activate lock up and press it again to turn it off.

xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side Points!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »

Very cool. You've been very helpful; can't wait to order! (light side points given  Grin)

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »

Thanks!

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »

Just adding my 2 cents:

1. Yeah, while all Obsidian sabers have the Lock-up sound effect, only those equipped with FoC have a visual effect. When activated on a non-FoC saber, only the sound will come out, the blade won't flicker or anything, just to clear it up.

2. You press the power button once to activate it, and press it again to stop. To turn the saber off you need to press and hold the button for a few secs.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side Points!

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »

Just adding my 2 cents:

1. Yeah, while all Obsidian sabers have the Lock-up sound effect, only those equipped with FoC have a visual effect. When activated on a non-FoC saber, only the sound will come out, the blade won't flicker or anything, just to clear it up.

2. You press the power button once to activate it, and press it again to stop. To turn the saber off you need to press and hold the button for a few secs.

Alright that is good to know. Would you personally recommend FoC then? I think flashing from red to silver would look cool myself.

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »

Alright that is good to know. Would you personally recommend FoC then? I think flashing from red to silver would look cool myself.

Honestly, I can't ever see myself ordering another saber without it. Silver would look great, but I personally prefer Orange to pair with Red. Both my Malice and Overlord have Blazing Red with Fire Orange as FoC, and I love it.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: