Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Film To Be Fast Tracked  (Read 3567 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: October 22, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »

Ubisoft will partner with New Regency Productions on the planned Assassin's Creed movie, a morning press release reveals. Ubisoft maintains control of "key elements of the movie's creative direction," but script development is beginning "immediately" and the movie is now on a fast track to release.

New Regency will back up Ubisoft Motion Pictures with its background in production and distribution. It also helps that attached star Michael Fassbender is just coming off of a role in the upcoming New Regency release, Twelve Years a Slave.

For those among you who have long been pulling for video game adaptations to have their moment, keep watching this project closely. New Regency has some real quality in its release catalog, including the likes of Brazil, Natural Born Killers, and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Of course, it's also got the likes of Epic Move and Elektra. Here's hoping that Ubi's direct involvement means Assassin's Creed will find more in common with the former group.

Source: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/729020/assassins-creed-film-to-be-fast-tracked/

I don't have high hopes, not that I think it will suck since companies are really looking to games and comics for strong source material. Now that we're out of the campy 90's comic and video game movies era, the industry has really started to be more careful with their properties. There is no point in making Assassin's creed if the final product resembles Tomb Raider. lol

Although, Fassbender really doesn't look all too much like Altiar or Ezio, so I wonder what his role will be; leader of the Knights Templar maybe, because there has been no talk of what game and how they're starting this adaptation to the movie screen.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:56:36 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »

Thanks for the update, Kham Smiley You are the best.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »

It should be good considering they made a studio for it!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »

Moar Parkour.  It must have lots of parkour.  And maybe some good silent kills.  And a decent training sequence.  I'm a sucker for training sequences.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 07:06:19 AM »

Moar Parkour.  It must have lots of parkour.  And maybe some good silent kills.  And a decent training sequence.  I'm a sucker for training sequences.

Stole the words right out of my... fingers? Since I'm typing....

Okay, bad joke.

Thonolan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »

http://youtu.be/b7D8E-zvZew

Just for you Kaiden. :p

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »

http://youtu.be/b7D8E-zvZew

Just for you Kaiden. :p

I like it.  So very true.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 09:04:41 PM »

Instead of making a new thread I will post this here for you crazy assassins. Grin

The interactive Assassin's Creed 3 trailer below allows you to choose Connor's adventure as he makes his way through the bloody battle of Bunker Hill towards his target Major John Pitcairn.

It shows off  the diversity that's featured in Assassin's Creed 3, and by simply watching and following along, you can choose to make Connor go in for kills with stealth or muscle, and even choose the path, weapons, and attacks he'll use against the enemy.

(The link below will take you to it, I can't embed the trailer.)

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/729081/assassins-creed-3-interactive-trailer-allows-you-to-choose-the-adventure/

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »

Any word on the release date? Smiley

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

Any word on the release date? Smiley

Nothing concrete yet.

I believe they are still working on a script which I'm fairly certain will be adapted from Assassin's Creed II; as it's been chosen as the strongest of the stories told within the games.

Fassbender is the only one truly connected with the project at the moment.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: