Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag options  (Read 1705 times)
Shinteetah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: March 29, 2011, 07:31:41 AM »

Greetings, all!  I am new here, venturing into my first SW experience -- I have been a Masters level costumer for some years, but I am finally falling to the Star Wars side! I do not want to make my first saber, and I'm so glad I was referred here.

I've been on the site/forums for a couple of hours, but I haven't seen this question addressed:  If I order a grab bag saber, am I likely to get one valued at more than the cost of the grab bag item?

Example: say I order a grab bag saber with metal hilt and colored blade, totaling $70. I would be disappointed to receive an Initiate saber, which could be had for $15 less, or even a Dominix or Aeon or SI, which I could have hand-selected for less. I would be thrilled to receive a Prophecy, and I would tap dance with glee if I unboxed a Dark Prophecy LE. Gorgeous!

The question is, if we sacrifice control for a bargain, will we still receive a bargain?

Thanks in advance!  I am presently choosing options for the soon-to-be-ordered Dominix; the grab bag saber would be a secondary item. Smiley

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »

Welcome first Smiley
Well I offered my friends the lowest blade (the Initiate) just after I looked for the Grab-Bag Sabers.. because you pay less Smiley
I wouldn't get an Grab Bag, when youre able to choose a other blade.. the Grab Bag is good, when you want to build your own saber, but you don't know where to get a hilt. Smiley
So when you look for a saber and don't want to get surprised.. get the Dominix Smiley
May the force be with you!

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »

You only get full sized sabers from the grab bag, never an Initiate.   The grab bag is a bargain if you don't care what color/hilt you get.  If you're going to select the blade color, a blade, and hilt type, then going the grab bag route may not be a bargain because you very well could get a Standard Issue, which is normally $5 less.  On the other hand, you could get a Redemption and save $29.  But, sometimes, you just gotta roll the dice  Wink

Shinteetah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:21:51 PM »

Thank you for the input! I will be ordering soon. Smiley

angelicwarrior
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 12:49:33 AM »

hey ultra id rather have the standard issue Tongue dont rag on it (jk)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »

I've personally been itching to try the grab bag option (with no preferences selected) just to see what I get... I figure it might be fun to see what kind of random saber I would receive.  Like Ultra said, it's a bit of a gamble, which seems cool to me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: