Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Solus's Collection - As Requested  (Read 7812 times)
DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« on: October 25, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »

Hey guys, I took a bunch of pics of my collection because my last photos were so well received (thanks again for everyone's kind words, here's the link to the thread I'm talking about http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=9351.0). Anyway, I don't focus too much on my Guardian or my Overlord staff because I've posted threads on them in the past.

Enjoy!

Archon V2 in DVA:

Consular in CG (of course!):

Graflex CE in GB:

Can't forget my twin Overlords:

No, I didn't get rid of my classic Overlord emitters:

Pommels!

And the lot of them. They are: (left to right) twin Overlords in BR, Graflex CE in GB, Guardian in VA, Consualr in CG, and an Archon V2 in DVA.

Thanks for looking!

Dark side points, please and thank you!

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:15:19 PM »

Very nice pics! You captured the colors and details of the hilts well.  Cool point

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Ivan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 06:05:37 AM »

What emitters are you using with your overlords?

Beautiful collection by the way

inventory:
Archon V2 - Guardian Blue
Consular - Consular Green
Guardian - Arctic Blue / silver FoC
Bellicose - Blazing Red / orange FoC
--------------
ordered 11/15/12
The Manticore - Violet Amethyst / silver FoC

Fgnar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »

i Love them all! but i LOOOVE The archon in the DVA gahhh looks so amazing!

Lightside points please!

Fgnar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »

oh and also, how do you like the DVA compared to the VA? im thinking about getting either a archon or a guardian next in purple, and im curious to see which one is a truer purple, thanks!

Lightside points please!

DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

What emitters are you using with your overlords?

I'm using TCSS blade holders for the emitters. You can see them in detail in this thread I posted a while back http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7129.0

You can actually see that I've mixed and matched a few different saber parts. I have a more movie-accurate pommel on my Consular and put my stock Consular pommel on my Guardian to adjust the balance to my liking.

oh and also, how do you like the DVA compared to the VA? im thinking about getting either a archon or a guardian next in purple, and im curious to see which one is a truer purple, thanks!

VA is a truer purple in my opinion, and it's closer to Mace Windu's blade color from the prequel movies. It has a much warmer hue than DVA (obviously because it's mixed with much more red). DVA is a colder purple, but still more recognizable as purple than blue. I would almost compare it to an ultraviolet light in color, but without the wierd glowy effect that ultraviolet light seems to have on things.

I tend to see VA as more of a Jedi color and DVA as a Sith color, but that's just me. I recently put the new Dominus Nox font on the DVA Archon and it makes for one freaky dark side saber.

Dark side points, please and thank you!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »

Drooooool. Awesome, Lord Solus. Just awesome.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »

Oh wow, some stunning pictures there... and an excellent collection to boot!  Thanks for sharing.

Noriko
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 103

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »

I can't decide whether I'm more impressed by your collection or by these great pics.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:07 AM »

That pic is fantastic!! If you're ok with it, do you have a hi-res version?  It'd make a damn nice wallpaper.

Either way, point to you for more amazing pictures!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Fgnar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »

I'm using TCSS blade holders for the emitters. You can see them in detail in this thread I posted a while back http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7129.0

You can actually see that I've mixed and matched a few different saber parts. I have a more movie-accurate pommel on my Consular and put my stock Consular pommel on my Guardian to adjust the balance to my liking.

VA is a truer purple in my opinion, and it's closer to Mace Windu's blade color from the prequel movies. It has a much warmer hue than DVA (obviously because it's mixed with much more red). DVA is a colder purple, but still more recognizable as purple than blue. I would almost compare it to an ultraviolet light in color, but without the wierd glowy effect that ultraviolet light seems to have on things.

I tend to see VA as more of a Jedi color and DVA as a Sith color, but that's just me. I recently put the new Dominus Nox font on the DVA Archon and it makes for one freaky dark side saber.

thanks for the input!

Lightside points please!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »

Nice collection.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »

Gorgeous photography.

I think the reflections of the illuminated blade plugs on a dark glossy surface might be the best way I've seen to capture the true colours on film (or digital, as it were).

We should start a True-Colour Thread using this technique.  Cheesy

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:08 AM »

Amazing collection. Hope mine gets to be that good. Love the pictures!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Fgnar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »

Gorgeous photography.

I think the reflections of the illuminated blade plugs on a dark glossy surface might be the best way I've seen to capture the true colours on film (or digital, as it were).

We should start a True-Colour Thread using this technique.  Cheesy

i totally agree about the true-color thread!!

Lightside points please!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: