Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My 1st UltraSaber: Catalyst VA  (Read 10470 times)
Zlaude
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 22

« on: October 26, 2012, 05:13:24 AM »

I got an email from my brother with a small video of him playing with his new Master Replica Darth Vader lightsaber, I was a bit jealous. I've always wanted a saber since i was 12. My kids though it was awesome. Zack my 12 year old decided to do some research and found Ultrasabers. He introduced this obsession to me one day when I came home. I was blown away. Since then I've been figuring out what I was going to get. They kids have decided they all want one for Christmas. I was unwilling to wait that long for Santa and the 10% off was just too tempting.

I've been hitting the Ultrasabers site much and doing research on everything. Great site and community. You've all made it fun to figure this out. On Oct 19 I clicked the order button. Today Oct 25th the following arrived.

The Catalyst is definatly for me. It is sleek and elegant. I'm amazed I don't see more people with this hilt. It feels so right in your hands. I was surprised how heavy it is. I like heavy so that is a plus. I also got the heavy blade. It is excellent. I had to throw a little bit of me in there - the leather.

It arrived while I was at work and the kids, of course, opened it and were sending pic after pic and videos. I rushed home because I knew my oldest (18) would be making trouble attacking everything in sight. When I arrived and opend the door Zack was kneeling before me all in black proffering me the blade. He is a great kid.

It had all sorts of marks on it. Matt, the oldest had of course forced Zack into some duels. I was not too happy till I figured I could polish all the scuff marks off no problem. My Mace Windu Hasbro gave much of its plastic to the Ultrasaber.

I turned it on and Boom. The visual was amazing but man the sound was just as killer. Impressive.

I'd already installed the Obsidian software and went to my PC to change to Black Star font. Piece of cake to modify. I'm liking it now even better.

Here is a pic of the Saber standing proud. I really dig how the color changes as it goes up.

Well here is the info for my order
  Catalyst with Sound
  Violet Amethyst
  Heavy Grade
  Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck
  Obsidian USB Sound w/ Blue Illuminated AV Switch
  Flash on Clash:Flash Silver - Very happy I selected this option

YouTube video of me with the blade

Well the kids are all planning out what Santa is gonna bring em. Looks like I'll soon be sending more cash your way.

Thanks Ultrasabers.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:19:16 AM by Zlaude » Logged

RAVEN: Emerald, White AV, Black Star
CATALYST: VA, Blue AV, Clash Silver, Ancient Saber
GRAFLEX: PO, Red AV, Clash Silver, Stygian General

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »

Great saber...

... and I like the leather. Congrats!

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »

Congratulations on the new saber!

The Catalyst was my first saber from Ultra as well and I totally agree with you - it feels incredible to spin. It's the most comfortable saber I've ever held.

Saw your vid and it looks awesome in Amethyst (the leather's cool too).

My Catalyst is in pieces at the moment. I've decided to <gulp> use it to test out my customising ability - praying I don't screw it up...

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

Darth Fredoh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Peace is a lie, there is only passion

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »

Woow nice looking saber man, and the leather was  a great touch!

BR Prophecy V3 w/obsidian

Darkside points if you willing to

Fgnar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »

looks way rad!

Lightside points please!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »

Excellent choice!  I personally love the VA combined with the blue switch, it's one of the best combos out there.  Not to mention I'm a fellow Catalyst lover, having gotten a Dark Catalyst just a little while back.  The choke point is just so nice to grip, isn't it?

Zlaude
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

Yes, the choke is really sweet. I read a reviews that said it felt small and the saber did not feel right. I was a bit wary about that until I grabbed it. It is very versitile. Multiple ways to wield it. one handed on choke, one handed lower, two handed - one on the choke. All feel magical

I've got a katana and a big two handed sword. This thing feels so much better to grab on to. I feel myself wanting the zombie apocalypse to come.

I like to take the blade off and just carry around the Hilt it feels so dang good.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »

Nice saber. Looks awesome with the Violet Amethyst blade and blue button. Also the Blackstar font matches perfectly. I have my first Obsidian saber, the Bellicose, its still kind of hard to do spins with. I think its more of a dueler if anything.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »

I just tried out the Blackstar on my Bellicose. Man, that is one mean sounding font! One would think I've gone Sith or something... Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 05:47:25 AM »

That is an awesome saber. Somehow VA just seems right with that hilt. I debated between that and the liberator. Got the Libby for thw windowed emitter.
Still debating getting one. I have big hands so the choke may be to small for me.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Zlaude
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »

I'm 6' and my hands are a decent size. I was a pole vaulter in college and I rock climb now so my hands strong. I usualy like bigger things. I wish they would make a manly keyboard. The choke feels realy good. When I grab it one handed 90% of the time my hand goes for that choke. Two handed the choke makes you feel like you can get more power behind your swings.

I'm not very flexible, I'm unable to touch my toes. The range of movement in my wrist is poor. I've been working on spinning. The choke makes it easier to spin. I'm able to use a solid grip on the choke. When gripping down off the choke for spins I've got to use a weaker grip in order to compensate for my lame flexibility.

The liberator emitter is sweet for sure.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »

I'm 6' and my hands are a decent size. I was a pole vaulter in college and I rock climb now so my hands strong. I usualy like bigger things. I wish they would make a manly keyboard. The choke feels realy good. When I grab it one handed 90% of the time my hand goes for that choke. Two handed the choke makes you feel like you can get more power behind your swings.

I'm not very flexible, I'm unable to touch my toes. The range of movement in my wrist is poor. I've been working on spinning. The choke makes it easier to spin. I'm able to use a solid grip on the choke. When gripping down off the choke for spins I've got to use a weaker grip in order to compensate for my lame flexibility.

The liberator emitter is sweet for sure.

Agreed, the choke works well even for large hands.  I'm also a bigger dude, 6'2" with pretty big hands, and the choke is my favorite feature on a lightsaber.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »

Looks like the Dark one is back on my list in VA XD

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »

As one of the longtime fans who remembers the first time I saw Star War in the summer of 1977, as a 15 year old kid, I can honestly say I still look forward to anything Star Wars that I can get, and this news is fantastic!

I believe this deal gives LucasFilm the heretofore non-existent opportunity to go in directions that George Lucas might not have ever explored.  The rich tapestry of SW content outside of the movie-verse is a good indicator that there are still stories to tell that people want to see.  So, I have no doubts that the generations of fans will follow the development of the new film with rabid interest.  I think for the first of the new trilogy, they will likely do their level best to continue the saga with an older Luke, having rebuilt the Jedi Order, who have now taken up the mantel of protecting the new Republic from the remnants of the fallen Galactic Empire, or perhaps from an outside enemy (or both).  If they can get the talent on board before the window of opportunity expires, it could be historic!  If not, there are many other treatments they could go with that we will all come to see when it is released.

To be sure, there are many variables that could enhance, or detract from the next chapter in the saga.  But, at least now we have a new chapter to look forward to....and that brings with it the gleeful anticipation of hearing that iconic music, and reading the opening scrolls at the opening moments of future movies on the big screen, where until today, that hope had been all but extinguished. 

I am already looking forward to opening night with my wife, and sons!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 03:08:04 AM »

Awesome choice!  I've been on the fence for a while about the Catalyst, but I think you may have just convinced me.  Course now that makes 6 different hilts I want to get in addition to the 2 I already have!  Great choice on the color as well!

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: