Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: X-Men...if you are a fan, stand up and be counted!  (Read 16322 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: October 30, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »

Any version, there are so many I will not list them, but as a whole...the Marvel Universe's mutant population where the elite among them stand up for those who can not defend themselves.

I am a huge fan from back in the late 1970's as a little kid.  I got to experience the changing of the guard, the New X-Men, the hand swapping of great artists.

If I had to pick my favorite of the old school X-Men...before the blue Beast, big beefy guy with an insane grip with hands and feet...from the newer class it would be Nightcrawler.

As the main comic went insane with offshoots a plenty I lost track...I tried to catch up...but so many.

My attention was firmly reacquired in 1995...Age of Apocalypse...loves me some post apoc with super heroes.

So I guess the questions will reveal much but one can hope...

1. Who was your favorite mutant character (include pics!) within the X-Men realm (good or bad)?

2. Which single mutant power/ability do you most gravitate towards or favor?

3. Which story arc was your favorite?

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:19:53 AM »

1. Who was your favorite mutant character (include pics!) within the X-Men realm (good or bad)?

Nightcrawler is an easy pick for me  Smiley

Teleport is near the top...I am a fan of Self-Duplication like Jamie Madrox

3. Which story arc was your favorite?
Age of Apoc for sure with the Dark Phoenix a close second

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

Oh my god! You sound like a twin version of me!

I discovered the magic of the X-Men in the late 70's and only Star Wars (and maybe Kiss) rivals it as far as excellent childhood memories.
I could litterally rabbit on for hours but I'll try and stick to the questions you've posed...

1. Fav character?
Too hard to pick just one. Sorry. But, my favourite line would be Cyclops, Storm, Wolvie, Nightcrawler, and Colossus - Bryne/Clarmont era (but while we're here let's also throw in Angle, Kitty Pryde, Marvel Girl/Phoenix and the Beast!). OK, fine, if I can only take one, it would have to be... the blue bamfer (by Bryne and Austin).

2. Mutant power?
Telekinesis if I had to pick just one (you can do almost anyting with it depending on your power and level of control)

3. Story arc?
Easy! Brood saga. Nothing beats seeing Logan hunting (and hunted) alone on Broodworld, especially in Fangs outfit! But then there's also the intro of the Morlocks, Dark Phoenix, Savage Land, etc...

The Least favourite Era? Anything Rob Liefeld touched!

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »

All good stuff...Kiss was a big part of childhood for me also lol.

The Brood were quite fun, the Savage Land arc was good also, and must include the initial Hellfire Club arc  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »

Favorite X-Man would have to be Colossus.

I'm a sucker for romance. Grin

Mutant power is definitely Wolverine's healing factor for me.

Story arc? Age of Apocalypse, it was in this future that I was introduced to my all time favorite Mutant duo.

Cable and Deadpool - would have chosen one of them for up top but, both have only briefly been considered X-Men; Deadpool wants ever so badly to be an X-Man. lol

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:13 PM »

Mystique. Definitely Mystique. I can relate to the younger Mystique, not so much the older Mystique, but still, she is one of the greatest comic book villains ever created. What initially drew me in, though, were her powers. Definitely my favorite out of everyone else's abilities.

Mystique's power and all of the various abilities that come with it, including the ones she gained after transforming into her reptilian form. Those would be extremely useful in real life. Beyond useful actually.

Favorite X-Man would have to be Colossus.

I was contemplating picking him Cheesy Good choice. The romance aspect of it was definitely what drew me into him.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:01 AM »

Deadpool...hmmm I am not on board teh Deadpool train I am afraid...I tire of assassin characters with blades and guns being labelled as heheroes...it is a trend that I pretty much despise.  If it were a war torn setting, well then that would be different.

Besides Deadpool is not a mutant, he is a science modified human...a modified cancer if I remember right.

Anyway...good thoughts everyone!

I will consult my charts and randomly secure a mutant power for each person that responds to this thread...build our own team lol.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:36 AM »

Deadpool...hmmm I am not on board teh Deadpool train I am afraid...I tire of assassin characters with blades and guns being labelled as heheroes...it is a trend that I pretty much despise.  If it were a war torn setting, well then that would be different.

Besides Deadpool is not a mutant, he is a science modified human...a modified cancer if I remember right.

Anyway...good thoughts everyone!

I will consult my charts and randomly secure a mutant power for each person that responds to this thread...build our own team lol.

He was put into Weapon-X, yes, for cancer.

I know Weapon-X doesn't make him a mutant but he wants to be an X-Man soooooo bad. Grin

Cable tolerates his antics and actually winds up making Wade a nicer guy; albeit still crazy but nicer.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »

Psylocke is also one of my personal favorites.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:45 AM »

My knowledge is limited pretty much to the movies and the old 90's cartoon show, but though my fandom is unlearned, it is there. Smiley

1) Wolverine. I mean, come on, it's WOLVERINE. Close seconds would be Rogue and Gambit. Flight, theft of powers, and exploding stuff are powers not to be trifled with.  Cool

2) Flight. It's predictable, but I have ALWAYS wanted to be able to fly. Not Angel style with the wings, but total legit Peter Pan status. The way Rogue flew in the show. Just floating in the air, like I don't care.  Cool

3) Story arc..... hrmmm..... my limited knowledge provides little to go on here. I can't really remember enough of the show to pick, so I guess I'll have to just answer non applicable. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »

Ok I am running the online random number generator...

Jedi Rel...permanent effects, body is living stone with a hot core, regeneration with carbon ingestion, burning touch, measure of invulnerability

Rajen...permanent effects, animalistic features (cat), unusual color/pattern fur (player choice), prehensile tail, heightened strength/agility/speed/senses

Kham...human appearance, touch based power to alter molecular structure (resulting in destructive effects on living organic matter, can shape inorganic, with extended contact can cause disintegration)

THOD...human appearance, can alter self density/weight/structure (can shift from immaterial to diamond) with speed and movement being affected by the same (levitates when immaterial...slower and anchored when hardened), limited change affect touch (must maintain focus)

Manny...permanent effects (exotic hard features, pointed ears), projected empathy (define and modify emotions at distance - eye contact or by touch), contact ESP (read thoughts/memories by touch, extended contact and calm increases potential)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:34:19 AM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »

That's a fantastic team!

Rel has turned into Magma Thing!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 01:31:59 AM »

Aside from the freakish head, I'm cool. lol Kham is awesome though! As are Rajen and Rel. The Molten Thing and Cat-Man would be awesome superheroes.  Cool

Hey Rel, any chance I can trade being bald for having pointed ears?  Grin Just askin.....

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »

Done!

I had pictured my guy as more a normalish looking guy, with fairly smooth rigid flesh, blue black with deep veins of gold, the heat aspect appearing as a color change towards red.

Yeah I got lucky with that one lol.

I think the funny part is eating charcoal briquets to speed the healing factor  Cheesy

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »

Manny!

lol