Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: X-Men...if you are a fan, stand up and be counted!  (Read 16274 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »

Hee hee hee. What can I say? It seemed... logical. lol

Thanks though! It's actually pretty funny I got what I did, the ESP and all. Due to my two major fandoms being Wars and Trek, and the respective natures of my parents, I usually tell people I'm half Vulcan, half Corellian.  Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »

Hee hee hee. What can I say? It seemed... logical. lol

Thanks though! It's actually pretty funny I got what I did, the ESP and all. Due to my two major fandoms being Wars and Trek, and the respective natures of my parents, I usually tell people I'm half Vulcan, half Corellian.  Grin

Best of it is, that it was random, via an online die roller  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 02:55:17 AM »

The Force was with me, I guess. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:41:53 AM »

If you were allowed to create a new character for the X-Men team/comic/movie/etc. but the one caveat is that the power level will be reflected on the appearance of the character.

Meaning the powers will have direct visible effects and side effects...the more powerful the more reflective.

Example...very strong might mean huge body/muscles...mental powers may reflect in a much larger bald head with lots of pulsing veins...fire powers may cause the flesh of the mutant to be blackened or charred...etc.

Would you go less powerful to stay within the X-Men pretty boy/girl range or go the distance and be all rawr looking to have more power?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 05:25:48 AM »

Me?

Especially if I got to be the model of the mutant character...I would go fairly off the road, with very specific power profile...maybe...

mundane strength, speed, dexterity, etc. but a measure of regeneration that is fueled by consuming organic and inorganic matter...the head and neck area being nearly invulnerable, the shoulders/chest/back being less so, etc. down to feet and hands.

The mouth/teeth/tongue/throat/digestive system/etc. are also invulnerable.

He can bite and digest just about anything.

Maybe a few secondary aspects...resistant to poisons, increased sense of taste/smell which make up for the reduced vision, he may be able to taste fear or lying in the air, tracking skills, etc.

As a working name...Maw?

He would look pretty much mundane human up to the chest, then things get ugly...small eyes/ears/nose, no hair, all mouth...teeth...yeah...a horror show lol.

I like the idea of a tormented guy...real decent dude...kind hearted...good spirit...just stuck with a look that makes puppies cry and kittens hide.

A fight scene where a friend (girl perhaps?) is hurt by a bad guy and Maw rushes him, catches a thrown punch with his mouth, and bites off the bad guy's arm at the shoulder (spitting it out lol).

Now that I have written it...he sounds like a Clive Barker version of Matter Eater Lad...and I can live with that lol  Smiley

Yes he is limited but I would not expect to be a prime player, but parts are fun also  Smiley

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »

Ok I am running the online random number generator...

Jedi Rel...permanent effects, body is living stone with a hot core, regeneration with carbon ingestion, burning touch, measure of invulnerability

Rajen...permanent effects, animalistic features (cat), unusual color/pattern fur (player choice), prehensile tail, heightened strength/agility/speed/senses

Kham...human appearance, touch based power to alter molecular structure (resulting in destructive effects on living organic matter, can shape inorganic, with extended contact can cause disintegration)

THOD...human appearance, can alter self density/weight/structure (can shift from immaterial to diamond) with speed and movement being affected by the same (levitates when immaterial...slower and anchored when hardened), limited change affect touch (must maintain focus)

Manny...permanent effects (exotic hard features, pointed ears), projected empathy (define and modify emotions at distance - eye contact or by touch), contact ESP (read thoughts/memories by touch, extended contact and calm increases potential)

I'm a cat?A cat??
I demand a recount!

Look nothing against cats in general but if I have to be a cat then I want to be female (no point being a cat if you're male... it's just not right!)

I would like:
Telekinesis and eyes that have an energy signature (like Wonder Man) so I have to wear dark shades all the time so as not to freak people out. Secondary powers (as a result of TK) would be force blasts, fly, force shields, and force bubble things (like Invisible Woman)... And I would like to be called Ion Boy (if we're doing a Teen thing) or Ion Man.
Thank you.
 Grin

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 05:22:22 PM »

I'm a cat?A cat??
I demand a recount!

Ok...but it is one of those things...you can not go back and are stuck with what you get...here we go...spins the online number generator...consults chart...

Rejen...human appearance, touch based power, electrical generation focused in hands, limited regeneration with contact to high voltage/amperage source

Sorry no TK lol   Undecided

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 11:20:14 AM »

NNnnnoooooooooo

I'm Kid Electro!

I want my fur balls back! 

Oh wait... I didn't mean.. like actual furry... um...

OK signing off...

Tongue

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »

Ok I am running the online random number generator...

THOD...human appearance, can alter self density/weight/structure (can shift from immaterial to diamond) with speed and movement being affected by the same (levitates when immaterial...slower and anchored when hardened), limited change affect touch (must maintain focus)

I like mine Cheesy

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »

If you were allowed to create a new character for the X-Men team/comic/movie/etc. but the one caveat is that the power level will be reflected on the appearance of the character.

Meaning the powers will have direct visible effects and side effects...the more powerful the more reflective.

Example...very strong might mean huge body/muscles...mental powers may reflect in a much larger bald head with lots of pulsing veins...fire powers may cause the flesh of the mutant to be blackened or charred...etc.

Would you go less powerful to stay within the X-Men pretty boy/girl range or go the distance and be all rawr looking to have more power?

I think I'll just go with what Colossus has.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »

1. Who was your favorite mutant character (include pics!) within the X-Men realm (good or bad)?
I have three:
Cable - Potentially the most powerful Mutant of all time, but was robbed due to his illness (if you can call it that). But he's just a total badass, that I liked, and I was an X-Force fan big time.

Psylocke - I wasn't a huge fan of the whole two person thing they did in the later 90's, but other than that timeline, I really liked her. She was an amazing assassin, skilled fighter, and had a cool personality.

Archangel - He went from one of the lamer X-Men to one of my faves, all with a little help from Mr. Apocolypse.

2. Which single mutant power/ability do you most gravitate towards or favor?

Psychokinesis (Telekinesis) - Its just one that I love.
And after that Pyrokinesis (controlling fire with your mind) - Which was the ability of another mutant I liked a lot, Pyro (his uniform is the reason he didn't make the top 3 for me).

3. Which story arc was your favorite?

Age of Apocolypse - I'm normally not a fan of rewrites like this, but the story was absolutely amazing, and seeing how they imagined the world would be without one man was great.
Followed by
Four Horsemen - Awesome series, really brought a lot together.

Dispite the way it looks (3 of my picks are related to the character Apocolypse) I'm not a big fan of the big blue guy. Although I do think they could do a movie with him in it, voiced by Sean Connary, but done via very detailed CGI.

I am curious on how you'd roll me with your RNG

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 08:09:54 AM »

Hooray! Someone else picked Psylocke Grin

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »

Hooray! Someone else picked Psylocke Grin

I'm a sucker for the lesser knowns. And I dig the hair.

But Rel, really? You aren't a Deadpool fan? I love him, for me it isn't the guns and the blades, its the Honey Badger attitude.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »

I'm a sucker for the lesser knowns. And I dig the hair.

But Rel, really? You aren't a Deadpool fan? I love him, for me it isn't the guns and the blades, its the Honey Badger attitude.

So here is a question, entertaining the Deadpool thought even though he is not a mutant or an X-Man Smiley , he the Deadpool character acted the same way...without any of the assassin skills/experience, without the guns and blades...he he just a crazy SOB who in this case is actually a mutant with cellular identity and regeneration, walks and talks of the honey badger but was a convenience store clerk with his only real skills being able to run a cash register and make microwave burritos...would you still love him?

Undecided

Reiperx...we consult the online random number generator...

...permanent change, whole body, absorption of inorganic material (retaining a small portion of the absorbed material forever, so over time with many samples will look bizarre to say the least) gaining the value of said material (steel=hardened flesh, silicone rubber=flexible/stretchy flesh, sand=flowing flesh)

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »

So here is a question, entertaining the Deadpool thought even though he is not a mutant or an X-Man Smiley , he the Deadpool character acted the same way...without any of the assassin skills/experience, without the guns and blades...he he just a crazy SOB who in this case is actually a mutant with cellular identity and regeneration, walks and talks of the honey badger but was a convenience store clerk with his only real skills being able to run a cash register and make microwave burritos...would you still love him?

Undecided

Reiperx...we consult the online random number generator...

...permanent change, whole body, absorption of inorganic material (retaining a small portion of the absorbed material forever, so over time with many samples will look bizarre to say the least) gaining the value of said material (steel=hardened flesh, silicone rubber=flexible/stretchy flesh, sand=flowing flesh)

To the Deadpool thing, it is safe to say that nobody would know who he was if he were a sales clerk primarily because he wouldn't be a superhero/villian, therefore would have never gotten into the comics.  But give him any decent skillset/abilities or just implant his personality on another decent mutant, and I'd probably really like him (I'm not a fan of a few abilities that just ruin characters for my, like Juggie)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: