Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Staff with 40" blades  (Read 1010 times)
ThirteenthBrother
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 14

« on: June 05, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »

I'm curious if anyone has tried a saber staff with 40" blades in each end. And if so how tall are you?

Yes it could be overkill but I was thinking about it after reading about Savage Oppress' saber staff having longer blades intentionally, and it seems like it could be either great or suck potentially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caedyss
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Side Please

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 02:56:25 AM »

I have a staff with the 32" blades and the entire thing put together is roughly 7' tall. I'm 6'3" and thats a little tall even for me. I can imagine that adding an extra foot and a half would be a real hassle.

However, I also have an initiate staff with 24" blades and its actually easier to handle, plus my wife can use it too.

Sabers Owned:
Emerald Manticore
Emerald Dark Initiate LE v4 (x2 w/ coupler made into saberstaff)
Renegade LE (BR)
Consular Stunt Saber (GB)
Dominix v2 Stunt Saber (BR)
Badaxx Genesis Custom Saber (BR)
Force FX Luke Skywalker ROTJ
Force FX Anakin Skywalker EPIII
Force FX Mace Windu
Force FX Darth Maul Staff

ThirteenthBrother
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 05:35:35 AM »

I have a staff with the 32" blades and the entire thing put together is roughly 7' tall. I'm 6'3" and thats a little tall even for me. I can imagine that adding an extra foot and a half would be a real hassle.

However, I also have an initiate staff with 24" blades and its actually easier to handle, plus my wife can use it too.

Interesting. We are almost the same height buy TBH my staff (Sentinel V4) feels on the short side with the 32" blades. This is why I like getting other people's opinions though.

For me when I go to strike it just feels like there is no reach, and yes it is seven feet but I have noticed I still have a good amount of clearance between staff tips and ground when I videoed myself practicing for review.

How do you primarily wield it? Up and down like a sentinel?

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 02:43:06 PM »

Remember that you will be adding a total of 16" to your staff if you go from 32" to 40" blades.  So it will likely be nearly 9 feet tall, since most hilts are around a foot long each.  Two hilts plus two 40" blades?  So minimum of 100" long saber staff.  With some of the longer hilts and a coupler that gets very close to 108" long.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

ukyavuz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -63

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:49:10 PM »

Interesting. We are almost the same height buy TBH my staff (Sentinel V4) feels on the short side with the 32" blades. This is why I like getting other people's opinions though.

For me when I go to strike it just feels like there is no reach, and yes it is seven feet but I have noticed I still have a good amount of clearance between staff tips and ground when I videoed myself practicing for review.

How do you primarily wield it? Up and down like a sentinel?

I have a saberstaff with 40" blades it is under abominations thread in here as said on same post i am around 6 feet tall give or take an inch or two so compare it based on that. I think that ones full height is close 2.5 meter (probably shorter not sure how much though but no less than 2.3 meter)

My sabers:

Dark War Glaive (emerald obsidian 40 inch ultraedge heavy grade blade)
The mliace (large claws and black/silver square pommel emerald obsidian 40 inch ultraedge heavy grade blade)

ThirteenthBrother
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 09:58:03 PM »

I have a saberstaff with 40" blades it is under abominations thread in here as said on same post i am around 6 feet tall give or take an inch or two so compare it based on that. I think that ones full height is close 2.5 meter (probably shorter not sure how much though but no less than 2.3 meter)

+1 for you, thats exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: