Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 866   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2047267 times)
MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #12480 on: June 20, 2021, 03:19:24 AM »

Great pictures everyone! And that orange is a very nice shade! As classic and clean red, blue, and green are, it's always nice to see a more unique color.

So this may not be a clear photo of me and my saber, but it is a series of photos of me and my saber using slow shutter speed to channel General Kenobi.

So basically the Star Wars version of that "and you're watching Disney channel" thing. But with a lightsaber. So it's cooler.

Lol. Nice. Almost scary nice. Point.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12481 on: June 20, 2021, 02:32:31 PM »

Lol. Nice. Almost scary nice. Point.

Yeah… what MercuryKungFu said.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12482 on: June 20, 2021, 02:35:45 PM »

Nice pics, everyone. And that thing you did is especially cool, SirLiftaLot.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #12483 on: June 20, 2021, 09:08:39 PM »

Chosen One CE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12484 on: June 21, 2021, 02:07:12 AM »

Nice Tongue I'm taking a posting break for awhile. I did just do some pics in my Vader costume though but no US's Chosen One x.x Older removable blade fx so. Unless I'm ever given permission to post with that at least then I will at some point =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #12485 on: June 21, 2021, 10:10:26 AM »

1 for the start of the week

Sent from my SM-A025G using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12486 on: June 21, 2021, 12:08:24 PM »

Great pictures, everyone

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #12487 on: June 22, 2021, 02:11:52 AM »

Finally got the final parts to complete the second half of my new saberchucks. They really fill up the screen for slow shutter speed photos!

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12488 on: June 22, 2021, 03:02:32 PM »

And apparently the flashlights you’re using use PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) to control the perceived brightness… hence the choppiness we see in these pictures.

You can see similar things in the tail lights of recent Cadillacs and Nissans, and some of the recent Mustangs, too.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #12489 on: June 22, 2021, 04:47:57 PM »

And apparently the flashlights you’re using use PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) to control the perceived brightness… hence the choppiness we see in these pictures.

You can see similar things in the tail lights of recent Cadillacs and Nissans, and some of the recent Mustangs, too.
Interesting! From what I’m reading that’s a more efficient way to modify output? And generates less heat? Maybe that’s why these can stay at 250 lumens instead of ramping down to 100 after a set period of time like some other small lights do? It does have three power settings, so I guess that’s how they do it?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #12490 on: June 23, 2021, 12:27:05 AM »

TRI-Cree

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12491 on: June 23, 2021, 03:30:02 AM »

Move is official official now so things will start to be getting kinda busy here soon, not until August but still. But I still plan to be active some until then =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12492 on: June 23, 2021, 11:05:03 AM »

Great pictures, everyone

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12493 on: June 23, 2021, 01:21:33 PM »

Interesting! From what I’m reading that’s a more efficient way to modify output? And generates less heat? Maybe that’s why these can stay at 250 lumens instead of ramping down to 100 after a set period of time like some other small lights do? It does have three power settings, so I guess that’s how they do it?
It’s one of several common ways to adjust perceived brightness, yes. Typically in lights using PWM, the brightest mode will send full power to the LED all the time, and then the various dimmer modes will use PWM to very briefly supply NO power to the LED (turning it off), and persistence of vision will allow our brains to perceive that as dimmer light, unless and until the length of each individual slice of “off” time becomes great enough to be noticed, which is when it looks like the light flickers.

Swinging the lights makes it easier for our eyes/brains to detect the “off” cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #12494 on: June 24, 2021, 12:30:25 AM »

Cool pics guys

Sent from my SM-A025G using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 866   Go Up
Send this topic | Print